Any disruption of the normal functioning of the human body gives him various kinds of discomfort in everyday life, especially when it is necessary to be constantly in motion or perform physical activities. Very badly, in this connection, abdominal distension and pain caused by pain are affected - besides the fact that it is very difficult to work actively with such symptoms, because of them, even sitting in a relaxed state while sitting or lying down is hardly possible.
Of course, in a person who does not have health problems, a sudden swelling and abdominal pain will not occur. It can be caused by problems with digestion, both chronic, caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and as a result of metabolic disorders due to an unbalanced diet. Anyway, bloating occurs as a result of gas accumulation in the intestines, the medical term "flatulence" corresponds to this process. As a result, there is a rather significant increase in the proportions of the abdomen, accompanied by the feeling that it seems to be bursting from the inside - as a rule, the upper section suffers especially.
Of course, to endure such feelings there is not the slightest reason, it can lead, perhaps, to even greater complications - an indisposition to be treated urgently.
To start treatment, it is necessary to first determine the symptoms of flatulence, and it should be done better in the initial stages of the development of the disease in order to prevent the most harmful consequences for the body in a timely and efficient manner. Signs that the stomach starts to swell are:
- when a person is in a prone position, it is audible that sounds like rumbling emanate from the intestine,
- there is a feeling of heaviness, colic and sometimes emetic urging at the top of the abdomen with any change in body position: bending, rising from a lying position, a sharp turn of the body, etc.
- belching, constantly repeated after each meal,
- persistent problems with defecation,
- stomach pain,
- an increase in abdominal volume
Most often, similar symptoms occur in people suffering from diseases that affect the intestines and disrupt its normal functioning. Such diseases can be:
- intestinal obstruction - a violation of its motor function, which creates an obstacle for the timely movement of food consumed by humans through the digestive tract
- lactose intolerance - the absence of enzymes responsible for the assimilation of milk sugar by the body,
- dysbiosis (dysbacteriosis) is a violation of the microbial balance inside the intestine, as a result of which microorganisms destabilizing its work produce various kinds of gases: ammonia, hydrogen sulfide, methane, etc. ,
- irritable bowel syndrome or IBS - a disease accompanied by the periodic occurrence of acute pressing and cutting pains in the abdomen, a violation of the intestinal patency, even in the absence of organic causes,
- pancreatitis is a disease that affects the pancreas, as a result of which the so-called “self-digestion” process takes place in the body - enzymes secreted by the gland destroy its structure,
- tympania - the accumulation of gases in the cicatricial part and the increase in body size,
- Celiac disease is a disease that results in damage to the intestinal surface due to the release of toxins. A very rare disease, the likelihood of which in each individual person is approximately 1/1000.
All of these diseases can occur in different ways, depending on the characteristics of the body of a particular person, in particular, the state of the immune system, but their common feature is the release of gases in the gastrointestinal tract and subsequent swelling.
Treatment and Prevention
If you find one or several of the above-mentioned symptoms, the occurrence of which is permanent, you should in no case try to let everything go by itself, to endure the arising pains and other inconveniences caused by flatulence. Failure to cure the disease only contributes to its progression.
Some folk remedies are appropriate and even very effective in the treatment of abdominal distention, but you should not immediately self-medicate - the best solution would be to contact a specialist - a gastrointerologist. The doctor will prescribe all necessary examinations to determine the cause of the illness and decide which course of treatment will be the most optimal. As a rule, the following procedures are assigned:
- stool tests for bacteria and intestinal microflora,
- the study of fluid excreted by the liver - bile,
- gastric juice research,
- examination of the digestive tract with ultrasound equipment,
According to the results of the survey, drug treatment will be prescribed and recommendations will be given on drawing up a daily diet, limiting physical exertion and, possibly, the use of auxiliary components in the form of folk remedies to speed up recovery.
Day routine and nutrition
To exclude the possibility of the formation of excess gases in the gastrointestinal tract, it is necessary to follow a special diet - a nutritional complex that excludes from the daily diet (or limits their number) such products that contribute to their release:
- rice groats and rice-based products,
- cabbage (in any form),
- milk products,
The diet should consist of grain bread in moderation, dairy products, fresh fruits and vegetables.
Meals during the day should be no more than 5-6, while it is necessary to distribute the amount of food entering the body evenly so as not to experience hunger later. Here is a list of products that not only do not contribute to the formation of gases in the intestines, but also prevent their appearance:
- fermented milk products (not to be confused with milk),
- cereals (with the exception of barley and millet),
- healthy herbs
- beets, carrots, pumpkin (soups based on vegetable data are also welcome),
- chicken eggs cooked in different ways: scrambled eggs, "soft boiled" (slightly undercooked),
- pates of natural origin, without impurities and additives,
Do not forget about drinks. Suffering from flatulence are recommended:
- green tea,
- coffee (weak) or cocoa,
- mineral or purified non-carbonated water (it is recommended to drink up to 2 liters per day),
- fruit juices without preservatives,
The patient menu should look like this:
Regarding physical activity, it is certainly not worthwhile to completely limit it, unless a serious illness has been identified. You should refrain from lifting weights or excessive loads of endurance, at the same time, you need to do complex exercises every day, as well as walk for at least 3-4 kilometers.
Powder preparation for the preparation of suspensions and internal administration, sold with different flavoring fillers.
price: 150-350 rubles,
Powder for ingestion, diluted with water
price: 110-380 rubles,
Detoxifying drug in tablets, the most affordable of analogues - from 5 to 100 rubles, depending on the required dosage,
Enzyme amorphous powder, slightly soluble in water, having a characteristic taste and a grayish-yellow hue.
Available in sales from 40 to 110 rubles per pack,
Powder mixture with a high content of pancreatin, with similar properties, is sold from 80 to 400 rubles,
Capsules containing light brown pellets. Retail price: 90-250 rubles,
Stimulating the production of bile or replacing it
Healing liquid from liver excretions of pigs and cattle, is available in pharmacies up to 300 rubles,
Contraindications of such medicines are always individual, you should get acquainted with them in advance. As a rule, complications in taking such drugs can occur in women during pregnancy and during breastfeeding, as well as in those who have chronic intolerance to such drugs (allergies, emetic urges, etc.).
Sometimes the result of pain during abdominal distension is the medication, whose properties help to suppress the production of bile, hydrochloric acid and gastric juice.
Independently exclude or adjust the number of such drugs should not be - you need to consult with a specialist who will help adjust the course of treatment correctly.
For many years, even before the advent of medicines for the treatment of flatulence, they got rid of this ailment at home. There are many recipes with which abdominal pain can be suppressed and, consequently, to reduce the strong bloating. The most effective of them are considered to be:
- tincture of medicinal dandelion root (2 teaspoons). It turns out as a result of adding the specified component to cold boiled water and infusing for 7-8 hours. Is taken every day 4 times, 50 ml, before meals,
- A tablespoon of dried chamomile flowers, filled with 200 mg of boiled water, infused for 4 hours, then filtered. Take the resulting solution should be daily before meals, 2 tablespoons,
- tincture cooked from eucalyptus leaves. Drink every day on an empty stomach, one hour before meals,
Very good for bloating helps tea based on hypericum, peppermint or chamomile.
Also in the daily diet is not superfluous to add herbs, the use of which reduces flatulence in the body: parsley, dill, ginger, cumin, etc. The “great and mighty” day regimen, the observance of which is always the guarantor of speeding up recovery, has also not been canceled by anyone, therefore one should not allow such failures as sleep disturbance or meal schedule.
Of course, abdominal distension and abdominal pain are unpleasant companions in a person’s daily life, so it’s better to start fighting with them in a timely manner in order to prevent a single case from developing into a chronic disease. Fortunately, the causes and treatment of discomfort are closely related to each other, and it is not difficult for specialists to determine the most optimal methods, and there is a good number of them, both medical and folk. At the same time, it should be remembered that prevention can be prevented by treatment - in the case of flatulence, it will be enough to keep track of the products included in the diet, as well as their quantity when eaten.
If swelling and pain act as symptoms of another disease, you should immediately consult a doctor, it is possible that treatment will be required in a specialized institution. However, despite the seriousness of individual diseases, they are cured, in general, quite effectively.
The presence of such symptoms as:
- bloating and pain
- smell from the mouth
- heaviness after eating
If you have at least 2 of these symptoms, then this indicates a developing
gastritis or ulcers. These diseases are dangerous by the development of serious complications (penetration, gastric bleeding, etc.), many of which can lead to
to the end Treatment must begin now.
Read the article about how a woman got rid of these symptoms by defeating their main cause with a natural method. Read the material ...
Abdominal distention and pain is a very unpleasant condition, most often caused by excessive accumulation of gas in the intestine. Their increased education can be caused by unhealthy diet, lifestyle, bad habits, but in some cases it can be the result of serious pathologies in the body.
According to the available medical statistics, 100% of people periodically suffer from abdominal distention. At the same time, 70% of diseases of the digestive tract organs are accompanied by severe swelling, a feeling of distention in the abdomen and pain. 80% of newborns suffer from intestinal colic (strong, very painful spasms of the intestinal muscles), which is considered normal, since in the first six months of a child’s life the digestive system becomes formed.
Normally, the intestine of a healthy person contains about 500 ml of gas. These are small mucus-coated vesicles that cover the intestinal walls from the inside like foam. Per day the rate of gas emitted by man is 300-500 ml. With flatulence, characterized by a strong swelling, distended inside the abdomen, its amount can reach up to 3-4 liters.
Main symptoms and causes
Increased accumulation of intestinal gases or flatulence is manifested by the following symptoms:
- abdominal distension and overflow - often appears during eating, can quickly pass after the discharge of gases,
- rumbling in the stomach
- belching, heartburn,
- loss of appetite: nausea that occurs during the meal or immediately after eating,
- violation of the chair (diarrhea, constipation),
- burning in the chest,
- weakness and fatigue.
Increased accumulation of gases is almost always accompanied by pain. Painful sensations arise due to stretching of the intestinal walls with numerous gas bubbles or with constant irritation of the intestinal mucous tissue. In some cases, the swelling is accompanied by a very strong, long-lasting pain in the abdomen, which may increase with each passing hour. These are the first symptoms of intestinal colic (a strong spasm of smooth intestinal muscles) - a very painful condition. At the same time, when the gases enter the lower part of the intestine, the localization of the pain changes. Most often, the pain is observed in the right side or completely cover the lower abdomen. After the discharge of gases or defecation, the intensity of the pain decreases and after a while it disappears completely.
The most common causes of this condition are:
- getting into the stomach of excess air - quick snacks, talking while eating, smoking,
- food products that cause fermentation processes in the intestines and, as a consequence, increased gas formation - pork, legumes, kvass, sauerkraut, black bread, carbonated drinks,
- Dysbacteriosis - an increase in the number of pathogenic bacteria leads to the predominance of pathological processes of decay and fermentation in the intestinal ducts and, as a result, to swelling. Very often, this condition is complicated by bouts of severe pain,
- irritable bowel syndrome - the most frequent signs of pathology are expressed by cramps and pain in the lower abdomen, which disappear after an act of defecation,
- constipation - the accumulation of feces in the intestinal ducts leads to increased gas formation and swelling. In chronic disorders of the stool, the condition of a person is complicated by allergic reactions in the form of skin rashes, severe paroxysmal pains, changes in skin tone,
- gestation period - in almost 80% of pregnant women there are disorders in the work of the digestive tract organs (constipation, flatulence, accompanied by pain). This condition is caused by hormonal disorders and excessive pressure of the increasing uterus size on the intestines.
In some cases, painful bloating and pain can be caused by pathologically dangerous conditions:
- disorders of the pancreas (lack of enzymes),
- obstruction of the intestinal duct by tumors, foreign bodies, adhesions,
- genetic diseases.
Localization of pain and possible diseases
In some cases, painful bloating and pain can be caused by pathologically dangerous conditions:
- pain in the right upper hypochondrium - occurs when there is a disturbance in the work of the right kidney, ureter and adrenal gland. Insufficient or improper functioning of these organs affects the process of digestion, metabolism is disturbed,
- pain in the left upper quadrant - develops with pancreatitis, malfunction of the pancreas, including the formation of tumors in it, with a pathological enlargement or rupture of the spleen, with an increased accumulation of gas in the colon, and also with malfunction of the left kidney, adrenal and ureter,
- pains in the upper middle part of the abdomen - serve as a signal of impaired functioning of such organs as the stomach, small intestine, pancreas. The cause of the discomfort can be gastritis, an ulcer, pancreatitis, aortic aneurysm, strain, stretching or damage to the muscle tissue of the abdominal wall,
- the pain that occurs in the left lower abdomen when swelling - indicates the accumulation of gas in the colon. In this case, a clear localization is not observed, the borders of pain are blurred,
- pain in the right lower abdomen - can be caused by appendicitis (if their intensity increases with time, and localization does not change and has clear boundaries), swelling in the main part of the large intestine, ectopic pregnancy and hernia in the groin area,
- pain in the middle of the lower abdomen - indicate problems with the genitourinary system in men and women.
If flatulence and impaired stool are the result of temporary indigestion, the painful condition and discomfort almost always disappear on their own after the discharge of gas and the act of defecation.
If pain with abdominal distension occurs very often - this is the reason to consult a doctor for diagnosis and consultation. The main task of a specialist is to determine the main cause of gas accumulation in the intestines and the occurrence of pain (eating disorder or diseases of the digestive system organs).
Diagnostic procedures can take place in several stages:
- Visual examination, conversation with the patient and palpation of the abdomen - during the diagnosis, the doctor will identify the characteristic signs of increased gas formation, as well as localization of pain.
- Laboratory tests of blood and feces - existing deviations from the norm will help to detect the presence of inflammatory processes, abnormalities in the work of certain organs, to reveal the predominance of pathogenic microorganisms.
- Ultrasound - is prescribed in case of suspicion of existing pathologies in the organs of the digestive tract.
- X-ray study with contrast enhancement - this type of diagnosis helps to identify abnormal areas of the intestine when swelling and to establish the cause of pathological changes (increased gas accumulation, muscle spasm, neoplasm, blockage of the intestinal duct, etc.).
Features of treatment
Treatment of bloating is to eliminate the causes that provoked this condition:
To alleviate the condition, you can take special drugs to relieve spasm and reduce swelling:
- Espumizan - for the collapse of gas bubbles in the intestines.
- No-Shpa - to relieve spasm of the intestinal muscles.
- Mezim Forte - to increase the production of enzymes for digesting and splitting food.
- Folk recipes - an infusion of chamomile, dill water.
Bloating, accompanied by pain in the abdomen - a condition that aggravates the quality of human life.In order to get rid of such unpleasant symptoms, first of all, you should consult a doctor, undergo a full diagnosis, identify possible pathologies (which could provoke this condition) and eliminate them.
Flatulence - this is an excessive accumulation of gases in the intestine due to a number of gastrointestinal diseases.
In the process of digesting food products are formed, including gases - hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane, ammonia and hydrogen sulfide, which have a sharp and unpleasant odor. In addition, undigested food debris enters the colon, where there is a large number of bacteria that cause decay and fermentation with the release of new volumes of gases. Gases stretch the intestinal wall, resulting in pain and bloating, and the movement of gases through the intestines causes rumbling.
The basis of the treatment of flatulence are several principles. The main one is to eliminate, if possible, the causes of increased gas formation: correct the diet, restore the intestinal microbiocenosis, cure existing diseases of the upper digestive tract, etc. Another principle is the removal of accumulated gases from the intestinal lumen.
Causes of flatulence
For reasons of occurrence, six forms of flatulence are distinguished:
- alimentary flatulence - occurs when eating foods rich in fiber and starch (legumes, cabbage, potatoes, black bread, etc.),
- flatulence against the background of digestive disorders (with enzymatic deficiency, malabsorption, dysbiosis, etc.),
- mechanical flatulence - with various mechanical obstacles to the movement of food (for example, with a tumor),
- dynamic flatulence - arises from the disturbance of the motor activity of the gastrointestinal tract (for example, in the case of toxic effects on the muscles of the intestine in various infections),
- circulatory meteorism - with circulatory disorders (for example, when there is stagnation in the veins of the intestine with varicose disease).
- psychogenic meteorism - against the background of mental deviations, for example, with hysteria.
If flatulence worries very often, then you need to consult a doctor to rule out a serious illness. Treatment is carried out after establishing the causes of flatulence. Assigned to a diet with the exception of cabbage, beans, fresh bread. Foods rich in starch (potatoes, flour dishes), as well as easily digestible carbohydrates (sweets, cakes, ice cream) are limited.
From medications, substances that adsorb gases on their surface, such as activated carbon, white clay, smecta, are prescribed.
The rest of the treatment is carried out taking into account the cause of the bloating: when enzymatic deficiency enzymes are prescribed, with dysbiosis (a decrease in the number of beneficial microorganisms in the intestine and an increase in harmful ones), restoration of the normal intestinal microflora. When pain prescribed drugs that relieve muscle spasm of the stomach and intestines (antispasmodics, for example, no-spa). The treatment of constipation and diarrhea.
In case of meteorism associated with mechanical disorders, surgical intervention is sometimes necessary.
Imperfection of the enzyme system or disruption of its activity. The lack of enzymes leads to the fact that a large number of undigested food debris enters the lower parts of the digestive tract. As a result, the processes of decay and fermentation are significantly activated with the release of large amounts of gases. Disturbances of the enzyme system can occur with unbalanced nutrition, as well as with various diseases of the upper digestive tract (gastritis or duodenitis, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, gallstone disease, hepatitis).
Another factor of increased gas formation in the intestine is that carbohydrates and proteins obtained by humans with food are not completely absorbed by the intestinal mucosa. Fruits and vegetables, especially legumes and coarse-fibered crops containing large amounts of cellulose, are broken down by intestinal bacteria to form gases. Under normal conditions, more gases are absorbed by aerobic bacteria that also inhabit the intestine. When the imbalance between gas-producing and gas-consuming microorganisms is disturbed, there are signs of increased gas formation.
Various nervous disorders, emotional overload can also cause the development of flatulence. Over-stimulation of the nervous system can cause spasm of the smooth muscles of the intestine. At the same time, peristalsis slows down. Accumulating gases overstretch the intestine and cause pain.
Hurrying food or talking while eating, bad habits (smoking and chewing gum) can also cause meteorism. In all these conditions, air is swallowed. The swallowed air can become an independent cause of flatulence, but, in addition, it causes the death of anaerobic microorganisms, which leads to the development of dysbiosis and an increase in the effects of flatulence.
Causes of flatulence:
- eating large amounts of gas-forming products, their wrong combination,
- abuse of carbonated drinks and chewing gum,
- food "on the go",
- violation of intestinal microflora, for example, in the treatment of other diseases with antibiotics (dysbacteriosis),
- gastrointestinal diseases.
Gassing products Strongly:
- all types of cabbage, dried beans and peas, raw onions, rutabaga, turnips, soy, milk, all dairy products (with a deficiency of the enzyme lactose).
- carbonated drinks, kvass, apples, bananas, pears, watermelons, raisins, carrots, celery, mushrooms, bread and flour products, cereals.
- eggs, fish, meat, poultry, rice, potatoes, vegetable oils.
Abundant gas formation can also be caused by the wrong combination of products:
- sweets and juices - with starchy, salty and protein foods,
- dairy products - with sour fruit, bread, meat or fish,
- reception of carbonated drinks during meals.
When initiating the treatment of flatulence, it is necessary to consult a gastroenterologist to exclude diseases of the gastrointestinal tract that cause flatulence and require special treatment.
- protein diet with restriction of gas-forming products for a month,
- exclusion of dairy products (in case of intolerance to milk),
- elimination of artificial sugar substitutes,
- elimination of carbonated drinks, especially sweet ones.
To remove accumulated gases used:
- herbal tea with chamomile, peppermint, dill, anise, rosemary, parsley, melissa, 1 tsp. on 1 tbsp. boiling water, infuse for 20 minutes, drink 1/3 tbsp. warm for 10-15 minutes before eating.
- garlic - 3 finely chopped lobules insist in 1 tbsp. warm water 30 min., drink 50 ml 2 times a week before bedtime.
- ginger - add to ready-made meals to taste.
- vitamins of group B, E, A.
- adsorbents (taken in the evening before bedtime or in the morning on an empty stomach during the week). Activated charcoal - 1 tablet per 10 kg of weight or 1 gallons of polefephan, drinking 1 tbsp. water.
- biological products (as prescribed by a physician): Linex, hilak-forte, bifidobacterin, lactobacterin, etc.
- defoamers (as prescribed by a doctor) - eskumizan.
The most important thing in the prevention and treatment of flatulence is proper nutrition and benign, freshly prepared food.
Essential oils recommended for flatulence: essential oils with anti-inflammatory properties and promoting digestion - anise, basil, bergamot, lavender, marjoram, juniper (berries), peppermint, chamomile, fennel
Methods of use: massage the abdomen, inhalation (for example, a couple of drops on a handkerchief), aroma lamp. Valerie Gennari Cooksley recommends taking a drop of peppermint essential oil on a piece of sugar for problems with digestion
Antispasmodic massage mixture
(with increased gas production)
Base - 1ch.l.
Chamomile (better Roman) - 1k
Coriander, Ginger, Lavender or Fennel - 1k
Herbal tea with flatulence
Cardamom (seasoning) - 1/3 tsp.
Fennel seeds - 1/3 tsp.
Cumin seeds - 1/3 tsp.
A piece of ginger root (dry or fresh)
Water - 1 glass
Brew ingredients with hot water, insist 10 minutes, drink with hot sips during flatulence or 15 minutes before meals to prevent flatulence.
Source: Aromatherapy: Soothing Remedies to Restore, Rejuvenate and Heal by Valerie Gennari Cooksley
Mix for massage and compresses
Peppermint - 4k
Juniper (berries) - 2k
Cumin - 2k
Base - 15 ml
Source: Aromatherapy for common ailments by Shirley Price
From the recipes that Margull translated
With flatulence in an adult
EM Roman Chamomile - 1 ml,
EM Fennel - 1 ml,
EM Cumin (Cumimum cymimum) - 1 ml,
EM Cinnamon - 0.2 ml,
EM Cumin - 0.8 ml
Hazelnut or Sesame Oil - FOREST NUT - 10 ml
Apply 4 to 6 drops on the stomach 3 times a day and 3 drops under the tongue 2 times a day.
Source: de l’association NARD
Activated charcoal helps to quickly remove the attack of meteorism.
For the prevention of flatulence, it is necessary to exclude gas-forming products from the patient's diet: large quantities of black bread, sauerkraut, milk, kvass, grape juice.
Aromas in the fight against the disease of our time.
The problem of constipation is almost always a typical consequence of the Western diet and Western lifestyle. An insufficient amount of coarse fibers in the food, as well as a sedentary lifestyle, lead to a slow movement of the feces through the intestines, and this, in turn, leads to the re-absorption of water, resulting in hardened masses. Not so much the frequency of bowel movements as a harder stool consistency, since excessive stress can cause the appearance of hemorrhoids.
One of the most effective methods of self-help for constipation is a daily circular massage, clockwise, massage the lower abdomen, and you can use 2 drops of lavender, marjoram or rosemary oil, diluted in 5 ml (1 tsp) of the base oil.
If you need to relieve tension, it is better to take lavender or marjoram oil, and rosemary oil has a stronger tonic effect.
Always start with mild laxatives that increase the bowel tone without causing abdominal pain.
One of the best is the dandelion root, it is best to make a decoction from it, although you can simply buy one of the dandelion coffee drinks - they also have a mild laxative effect.
Another useful herb for constipation is licorice, or licorice, you can simply chew licorice stick or add it to the dandelion root to make a decoction.
If constipation does not go away, try another herb that acts in a completely different way. Flaxseed absorbs moisture and helps to soften feces, and this helps the undulating peristaltic movements that promote feces through the intestines. During breakfast, take 10 ml (2 tsp) of flaxseed with at least 300 ml of water.
It is even better to soak flaxseed in the evening in a small amount of water so that it begins to swell. Perhaps it will resemble frog spawn, but it will help to cope with persistent constipation. Just do not forget to drink plenty of fluids.
There are two main types of constipation. If the diet lacks coarse fibers, and the digestive system is sluggish, treatment should be directed to toning the intestines. If constipation is associated with high levels of stress and spasms, treatment should focus on relaxing and even reducing the excess amount of coarse fibers, such as bran. If you are not sure of the reason for your constipation, contact a professional, as regular use of laxatives may be absolutely contraindicated to you.
As usual, try first to identify the appropriate pattern of symptoms.
BRYONIA: with hard, dry stools, great thirst and dry mouth. The chair may have a very dark, brown color.
Nux VOMICA: with bloating, after stool there is a certain feeling that the intestines are not fully emptied. Often the occurrence of such constipation is associated with frequent overeating and constant use of laxatives.
SULPHUR: with dark, hard stools that always come out with pain and tension and can cause a burning sensation. Sometimes a situation opposite to constipation occurs - weak stools.
In most cases, it is necessary to increase the amount of coarse fiber in the diet, and for this you need to eat more fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains and various legumes. If bran is used in its pure form, they can form an excessive amount of coarse fibers, so they should be taken very little or all of them abandoned.
It is necessary to do more physical training, exercises are especially useful for strengthening the abdominal muscles, it is equally important to perform breathing exercises regularly to develop deeper breathing.
If constipation occurs after antibiotic treatment, the reproduction of normal intestinal bacteria can be stimulated by taking B vitamins, as well as Lactobadttus acidophilus (acidophilic lactobacillus). This is the kind of bacterium that turns milk into yogurt. Eating a very small amount of yogurt or kefir every day can relieve you of constipation, if the yogurt is not enough or you have an increased sensitivity to dairy products, try taking some suitable acidophilic dietary supplement (Duphalac).
The accumulation of gases in the stomach or intestines may be of a single character, for example, after eating a meal, especially contributing to the release of gases, but may also be a constant, chronic sign of improper functioning of the digestive system. In the second case, it may indicate a disease, for example, diverticulitis or intestinal inflammation syndrome.
We return health by aromas.
Many essential oils have a carminative effect, that is, they help to remove gases from the organs of the digestive system (up or down - depending on where they accumulate) and, consequently, make it easier to swell up the abdomen and spasms that can disappear along with the gases. However, it is better to use directly the herbs from which these essential oils are extracted (see below). Such oils as caraway, chamomile, fennel, marjoram and mint can also be used when applying warm compresses to the stomach, we recommend adding up to 5 drops to a small bowl of warm water.
Massage the following massage oil mixture into the skin in the abdomen in a clockwise direction: 100 ml of vegetable oil, 5 drops of basil and fennel, mint and marjoram, rosemary and ginger.
Herbs and flatulence.
There are several types of herbal tea that are great for meteorism, but drink them only if excessive gas formation is the biggest problem in connection with which you need professional herbal treatment. If gases are formed in the stomach, you can drink tea from catnip, chamomile, lemon mint or peppermint, if the small intestine is clearly affected, then it is good to add fragrant dill, or garden, or fennel to any of these herbs. For intestinal flatulence, ginger and peppermint are beneficial.
Before you begin treating flatulence, it is helpful to think about how you eat. Are you used to eating very quickly, having difficulty coming off of business? Grab the pieces on the run? This leads to the ingestion of air along with food, because of this, improper digestive enzymes can be produced and food can be fermented in the intestine instead of being digested properly. And this leads to the production of excess gases and aggravation of flatulence. Try not to be long in a bent position and do not sit curled up on a low sofa immediately after eating - this contributes to the formation of gas, distension of the abdomen and colic.
Several remedies that appear in all the medical approaches in this section are also useful for homeopathic treatment. First of all, try to find out the cause of flatulence and choose a medicine depending on it. To begin, select a remedy from this set: Chamomilla, Carboveg, Pulsatilla, if flatulence is caused by too nutritious or too abundant food.
Often the cause of flatulence is too difficult to digest a mixture of foods. Think about whether you can reduce the fat content in your diet and limit the combination of proteins and carbohydrates that you eat. If this benefits you, you may want to learn more about Dr. Hay’s nutritional system. Another cause of flatulence may be the use of antibiotics, since this leads to the death of intestinal bacteria. The use of yoghurt contributes to their reproduction, for the same purpose it is possible to take and concentrated food additives, for example, acidophilus - in tablets or powders. For the general health of the body, it is often recommended to eat raw foods rich in coarse fibers, such a diet in itself can lead to an increased formation of gases, especially if you go to it abruptly, immediately. The increase in the number of bacteria necessary for the processing of coarse fibers contributes to the formation of a large amount of gases. So some flatulence in this case is quite natural, although it makes it difficult to communicate with people. To facilitate the solution of this problem, we advise you to change your diet gradually.
Products that contribute to the formation of gas: black bread, milk, beans, potatoes, cabbage, fruits in large quantities, sweets, sparkling water.
Products that do not increase the amount of gases in the intestines: meat, fish, chicken, cottage cheese, rice, eggs, buckwheat, white bread.
Exercises on the abdominals contribute to the strengthening of the anterior abdominal wall and indirectly do not allow the large intestine to swell.
Recipes of traditional medicine
1. The bark of the root, the root of the barberry ordinary in the form of broth ingest for chronic diseases of the liver and gallbladder, flatulence, etc.
Broth: 2 hours of raw spoons boil for 5 minutes in 2 tbsp. water, insist 2 hours and drink 1/2 cup of warm infusion 3-4 times daily before meals.
2. The herb of flaxfish in the form of infusion is taken orally as a gentle laxative for habitual constipation and flatulence.
Infusion: 1-2 tbsp. spoon insist 2 hours in a glass of boiling water and take 1-2 tbsp. spoon of infusion 3-5 times a day and 1/4 cup at night.
3. Chamomile inflorescences in the form of infusion are taken orally for inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, colitis and enterocolitis) meteorism and other ailments.
Infusion: 2 tbsp. spoons of warm infusion 3-4 times a day for 2-3 months.
4. Fruits and dill herb of the liver of the garden as a means of infusion is taken orally to improve digestion, with chronic colitis, constipation, flatulence and abdominal cramps.
Infusion: 1 tbsp. spoonful of chopped fruits or herbs insist 2 hours in 2 tbsp. boiling water and drink 1/2 cup of warm infusion 3 times daily before meals.
5. The grass of the internal color of plowed (night blindness) in the form of infusion is taken orally for liver diseases, in particular its increase, chronic constipation and flatulence.
Infusion: 2 tbsp. spoons of grass insist an hour in 0.5 liters of boiling water and drink 1/2 cup of warm infusion 3-4 times daily before meals.
6. The fruits of cumin ordinary in the form of a powder or infusion are ingested as a means of toning the activity of the intestine, relieving the processes of decay and fermentation in the intestine, atony and pain in it, atonic constipation and flatulence.
Powder from the fruit take 2-3 g 3-4 times a day for an hour before meals, washed down with warm boiled water.
Infusion: 1-2 hours of chopped fruit spoon insist 2 hours in a glass of boiling water and take 1/4 cup of infusion 3-4 times a day for an hour before meals.Children - a teaspoon (with honey to taste) 5-6 times a day.
7. Herbs wormwood - 10 g, yarrow herbs - 20 g, horsetail shoots - 20 g
Infusion: Art. a spoonful of collection insist 1-2 hours in a glass of boiling water and drink 1 / 2-2 / 3 cup of warm infusion 3-4 times a day before meals with flatulence and a tendency to diarrhea.
8. Coal from the branches of poplar (black ash) black or linden is ground into powder and taken orally 1 / 2-1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day, washed down with warm boiled water, before meals with flatulence and cramps in the gastrointestinal tract, especially nervous origin.
9. Herbs centaury, inflorescences of tansy, inflorescences of cumin - equally.
Infusion: Art. a spoonful of collection insist 1-2 hours in a glass of boiling water and drink 1 / 2-2 / 3 cup of warm infusion 3-4 times a day before meals with flatulence and a tendency to diarrhea.
10. Oat groats - 1 tbsp. spoon, fruits of cumin - 2 tbsp. spoons, yarrow leaves - 2.5 tbsp. Spoons, fruits of dill - 1 tsp
Infusion: the whole collection insist 1-2 hours in 2 tbsp. boiling water and take 2-3 tbsp. spoonful of infusion every 2 hours with flatulence in adults.
Intestinal colic in newborns and children of the first year of life
In the first three months of life, more than 70% of children have functional intestinal colic. In most cases, these colic - not a pathology (disease), and the adaptation of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) of the baby to new conditions. After all, for nine months the baby’s gastrointestinal tract “did not work”, and for the first 2-3 weeks it was under the beneficial influence of maternal hormones.
Usually in the first two weeks of life, the baby receives exclusively breast milk. Its volumes are small, so digestion is quite easy. By the third week of life, the volumes of milk required for a baby increase, and for many mothers, due to improper attachment or insufficient time at the breast (remember the old recommendations - 15-20 minutes - no more!), The milk “decreases” and the baby gets more. ” front milk ", excessively saturated with carbohydrates, which can contribute to an increase in gas formation.
Such a picture is familiar to all parents: against the background of feeding, or soon after, your baby suddenly begins to press its legs against the tummy, to show anxiety. And then it turns red and starts screaming; this situation can last for a long time. This is the "intestinal colic."
The term colic is derived from the Greek "colicos", which means "pain in the colon." Colic - paroxysmal abdominal pain, accompanied by severe anxiety of the child. The causes of colic are diverse: it is the functional immaturity of the neuromuscular apparatus and the enzymatic system of the intestine, and the tendency to increased gas formation, resulting in increased pressure on the intestinal wall and muscle spasm.
There is a certain pattern in the manifestation of colic, the so-called "Rule of Three":
colic begins at three weeks of life
last about three hours a day,
found mainly in children of the first three months of life.
What can parents do to help their baby? First calm down. Relieving psychological stress and creating an aura of confidence helps reduce pain. The kid should feel that you are not afraid of anything and will definitely help him.
To make it easier for the pediatrician to understand this situation, you must answer the following questions:
when colic occurs: before or after feeding (this will allow you to choose the most comfortable position for the child and clearly know at what time it is best to give drugs that relieve pain),
the duration of colic in time and their increase during the day,
the time of the most severe colic is morning, evening, night. Are the same clocks always? The reaction to the weather,
type of feeding (breast, artificial mixture (what)).
If your baby is breastfed, everything is much simpler: make sure that the baby is properly attached to the breast and allow him to suck as long as he wants - and this alone can solve all the problems.
If the mother does not like cow's milk and rarely drank it before pregnancy or after it appeared nausea, flatulence, and liquefaction of the stool, then it is better to replace milk with fermented milk products during lactation.
If breast milk is not enough, and you have to feed the infant with the mixture, if your baby was born a little ahead of time, if the birth was difficult - these reasons, unfortunately, can contribute to more pronounced and frequent colic. Frequent changes in the weather may aggravate intestinal colic symptoms.
In pediatrics, the following measures are used to treat functional intestinal colic and relieve pain in infants.
To relieve pain at a moment of colic, they are used sequentially (each subsequent action with no effect from the previous one): heat, repositioning, and mechanical means — a venting tube or enema.
For prophylactic purposes, it is advisable to use background preparations of carminative and mild antispasmodic action based on vegetable raw materials. The best results are shown by the use of PLANTEX tea, which contains the fruits of fennel, its essential oils and lactose.
The fruits of fennel and essential oils stimulate digestion, increasing the secretion of gastric juice and increasing intestinal motility, so the food is cleaved and absorbed faster. The active ingredients of the drug prevent the accumulation of gases and contribute to their better discharge.
It should be noted that lactose is part of the PLANTEX tea. Now that all parents have a lactase deficiency diagnosis, this can be alarming. But:
firstly, the frequency of this diagnosis is incredibly overstated,
secondly, the study of carbohydrate feces (on the basis of which this diagnosis is sometimes made) does not indicate the diagnosis of “lactase deficiency”,
thirdly (and - most significantly!) lactose is necessary for the child to develop the brain, so there is so much of it in breast milk!
In the Center for the Correction of the Development of Young Children at the Federal State Institution of the Moscow Research Institute of Pediatrics and Pediatric Surgery, a special study was conducted on the use of PLANTEX as background therapy in children with early intestinal colic. Studies have shown that PLANTX tea has a calming and carminative effect. PLANTEX is recommended to give to children after feeding or in the intervals between feedings. If the baby is bottle-fed, PLANTEX tea is recommended to be given as a drink. Appropriate dosages: 1 package per day for young children, with an increase of up to 2 packages per day for children after 2-3 months.
The main thing is to remember that all this is passing, with proper use of all the recommendations, this period can pass quite easily and not darken the joys of the first months of motherhood!
This entry was posted on January 13, 2009 at 1:40 am dp and is filed under health, quote. You can follow the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
In the human body, all organs are interconnected and depend directly on each other. The pain that occurs in the lower abdomen can cause diseases of several organs. Often acute diseases of the organs of the abdominal cavity or the small pelvis have acute, cutting, arching and paroxysmal pain in the lower abdomen. It is necessary to establish the source, due to which the pain occurs, to eliminate the source of inflammation.
Rezi in the intestines are able to have disorders in work:
- reproductive system
- urogenital canal.
A frequent cause of sudden cramps and pain in the lower abdomen or in the intestines is the presence of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in the patient. With this diagnosis, the patient can often experience mild or sharp pain immediately after taking a meal. The disease is accompanied by symptoms: a feeling of emptying the rectum is not fully, abdominal distention, diarrhea or constipation, flatulence, nausea, feeling of lack of air, anxiety.
- Pain having a cramping character. Pains in the intestines, similar to the matchmakers, occur when it is obstructed, which caused the failure of the feces promoted through it. Accompanied by cramping pain syndromes swelling, vomiting, lack of stool and appetite. The frequency of painful bouts is about a quarter of an hour. When the patient does not pay attention to the pain, after a few days it stops on its own. However, this is a wake-up call, because the most serious malfunctions of the intestines that violate its peristalsis can occur, developing poisoning, threatening even death for the patient. For cutting sensations in the intestines, it is necessary to consult a competent doctor.
- Pain in the right side. Right-sided abdominal pain can cause inflammation of appendicitis. First, the patient will feel soreness in the middle of the stomach, gradually shifting to the right side. When coughing, lifting, walking, pain sensation increases. The tension arising in the lower abdomen is the main bell for calling an ambulance brigade. Symptoms are nausea, fever and pressure, diarrhea.
Pain in the left side. Left side pain in the side indicates that the patient has become ill with one of the diseases:
- IBS. The true cause of the disease has not yet been clarified, but it is considered to be a source of severe stress. The most at-risk groups for IBS are women over 25 years old, young men. In IBS, the pain is usually found in a nervous situation, accompanied by the presence of constipation or diarrhea, flatulence and the discomfort of the rectum.
- Crohn's disease. Inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract, occurring in the area of the descending colon.
- pain can be caused by Hirshprung disease. This pathology is hereditary, and often transmitted through the male line. With the disease there are no areas of innervation in some parts of the colon.
Rezi lower abdomen
Cutting pain is a dangerous kind, as it may indicate a disease with peritonitis or pancreatitis. The doctor is able to establish the presence of pathology by palpation of the abdomen, whose muscles tighten, and the part of the body itself becomes hard and painful. The pain has a sharp and sharp nature, the following symptoms are present: pain in the abdomen, diarrhea and vomiting. This pathology in medical practice is treated with the help of surgical intervention or hospitalization of the patient to monitor him in the hospital.
No less dangerous is dull, aching pain, which gradually increases. Even appendicitis can be expressed by such pain that may be present in the lower abdomen in the center.
There may also be pain and cramps in the lower abdomen and in the intestines in the following cases:
- When overeating. The pain occurs about an hour after eating, accompanied by a feeling of glut, burping, which indicates the weakness of the digestive process. The main reason is low acidity, lack of gastric juice, leading to non-digestion of food, which then ferments and causes unpleasant feelings.
- Under stress. The presence of pain is a constant source of irritation.The pain in the rectum or abdomen is dull and dull. With pain, there is a tendency to false urge to defecate, feces mixed with blood, diarrhea, weakness of the whole organism.
- With critical days for women. The appearance of pain can be provoked by an increased blood flow to the pelvic organs. The reason is the low tone of blood vessels, weakness of the connective tissue. The girls have nagging discomfort, pain during stool, constipation, causing hemorrhoids.
- With pathologies expressed by pain in the intestines. For example, the disease is diverticulitis resulting from an inflammatory process in the area of a bowel stump. The pain appears due to stagnation of feces, food debris in these places. More terrible pathologies of the intestine are tumors of benign nature - polyps, or malignant - cancers of the intestine. In the early stages of pain almost no expression, the pain increases with the growth of tumors, the lumen is blocked and intestinal obstruction, colic, cramps and constipation.
How to treat ailment?
Treatment of the disease must be trusted with a professional. On your own, you can try to reduce pain before an ambulance arrives by starvation, being at rest and putting cold on the abdominal area. It is strictly forbidden to heat a sore spot, eat food and drink plenty of water. It is better not to take painkillers before the arrival of the doctor, since their action may prevent the doctor from establishing the correct diagnosis. It is not recommended to put cleansing enemas and flush the stomach, since the effectiveness of these procedures appears only in cases of poisoning, and in other diseases can harm the human body.
The attending physician should begin treatment of the patient after a thorough examination, obtaining the results of all tests and determining the exact diagnosis. It is necessary to understand that some diseases are treated only by surgical operation. These include: ulcer perforation, appendicitis, acute pancreatitis or ectopic pregnancy. You can not resort to the treatment of pain popular methods, herbs, because they can harm and accelerate the course of the disease.
For abdominal pains, a gastroenterologist, gynecologist, proctologist or surgeon will help. In case of gastritis or peptic ulcer, the doctor will prescribe dietary supplements, tablets that envelop the stomach walls and relieve the symptoms of the disease.
For diseases of the stomach that do not require surgical intervention, the doctor usually prescribes a smectu to the patient, cryon, mezim-forte. The patient will need a prescription to drink plenty of water or unsweetened green tea. To eliminate the symptoms of flatulence and abdominal distention, Espumizan, preparations of intestinal peristalsis, is indicated. In case of indigestion and diarrhea, doctors prescribe strengthening drugs, which include the active ingredient loperamide. He is able to slow down the process of moving through the intestines of feces, stopping diarrhea and strengthening the intestinal wall.
If the pain is caused by the presence of diseases and inflammations of the reproductive organs of the woman, the gynecologist prescribes the patient treatment with antibiotics, anti-inflammatory drugs, introduced into the body with the help of droppers or tablets, vaginal and rectal suppositories. Sometimes the advanced stages of the disease can be treated only with surgical intervention, where laparoscopic surgery is widely used in medical practice.
When a disease is detected, cutting pain in the intestine or lower abdomen should not be delayed with an appeal to a qualified doctor, because during certain diseases, delay can be the cause of irreversible consequences and create a threat to the life of the patient.
Causes of the problem
The main reasons for the development of flatulence and the appearance of abdominal pain include:
- patient choice of the wrong diet, including trying to eat on the go and talk while eating. This leads to getting into the stomach not only food, but also a significant amount of air,
- use of unsuitable products - carbonated beverages, chewing gum, most sweets (from buns to sweets and biscuits), legumes, potatoes and cabbage. All these products contribute to the fermentation and gas formation in the stomach and increase the likelihood of bloating,
- trying to deal with heartburn with soda. Despite the fact that this folk remedy is often used to get rid of stomach problems, its reaction with gastric juice can provoke the appearance of flatulence,
- imbalance of intestinal microflora - due to the predominance of certain types of microorganisms, gas production increases, causing bloating,
- influence of psychological factors - stress and overwork. Psycho-emotional stress disrupts the functioning of a number of organs, including the stomach. One of the manifestations of such a violation is an increase in gas formation,
- state of pregnancy in women. Changes that occur in the body of future mothers often lead to an increase in gas formation. The growing fetus and the increasing uterus squeeze the intestinal walls and violate the discharge of gases.
Often, the causes of increased gas formation in the stomach are various pathologies. Identify them according to the results of examinations prescribed by a doctor. Helps in the diagnosis and "pain map" - the localization of pain in certain parts of the body, which can determine the cause of the disease.
Conditionally dividing the stomach into several main areas, doctors are able to determine how serious the problem is and how it was caused:
- pains in the upper right quadrant indicate problems with the liver, gallbladder, ureter, and adrenal gland. Another cause of unpleasant sensations in this area are diseases of the right kidney,
- pain in the upper right zone shows that the cause of flatulence, most likely, are problems with the spleen, small intestine and located on the same side of the kidney and adrenal gland,
- pains in the upper middle zone are caused by gastritis, ulcers and swollen lymph nodes, sometimes by abdominal wall damage,
- unpleasant sensations in the right or left lower quadrant show that the cause of flatulence and bloating should be sought in the rectum, groin and ovary (for female patients). Ectopic pregnancy can also be a problem.
If pain occurs in the middle part of the abdomen, menstrual pain and pelvic inflammatory disease may also be the cause. In men, symptoms are caused by infections of the urethra and testicles. In the absence of a specific location of pain, they can be caused by irritable bowel syndrome, constipation or peritonitis.
Principles of diagnosis
In the process of diagnosing a problem, the specialist must determine whether the reason for the problems was a violation of the diet or serious digestive problems. The definition consists of the following steps:
- inspection and palpation,
- blood tests that detect liver problems, leading to a decrease in bile production and digestive disorders,
- bakposeva feces, determining the ratio of pathogenic and normal microorganisms,
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal cavity, which confirms not only flatulence, but also other gastrointestinal tract pathologies.
X-ray examination is carried out after the patient has taken drugs containing barium sulfate. With the help of this radiopaque substance, intestinal features are studied. To obtain more accurate research results, pictures are taken in various projections - when the patient is lying on his back, on his side or stomach, and in a standing position.
Getting rid of bloating and abdominal pain
You can try to cope with flatulence, pain and bloating in the following ways:
- taking medication prescribed by a doctor
- sticking to an appropriate diet
- taking advantage of folk remedies.
It is worth noting that traditional medicine will not help to cope with the problem. However, with its help, the symptoms bother the patient less often and not so much. Therefore, folk remedies are allowed to use as ancillary to the main therapy - although they should also be consulted with a doctor about their use.
Severe pain in abdominal distention is treated with various drugs prescribed by a doctor. One of the most popular drugs to cope with the problem are Smecta, No-spa and activated charcoal. If intestinal infections are the causes of flatulence, taking Linex and Acilitac will help get rid of most of the symptoms. To accelerate the elimination of gases using drugs such as Motilium and Tsirukala, and in order to reduce gas formation - Disflatil and Espumizan.
At the same time, the treatment of symptoms is not the main task of therapy. The goal should be to rid the patient of those diseases that caused flatulence and bloating. To do this, a specialist can prescribe and biological products to eliminate intestinal disorders, and laxatives, allowing to get rid of constipation, and prokinetics, restoring gastric motility.
Features of the diet of patients
In addition to treatment, the patient must follow a certain diet. To do this, he will have to abandon such products:
- hard-to-digest meat (including pork, lamb, and goose),
- easily digestible carbohydrates such as fresh pastries, cookies, cakes and pies,
- milk and milkshakes, and even ice cream,
- Borodino bread,
- raw and sour vegetables with high fiber content - radish, tomatoes and cabbage,
- berries and mushrooms,
- raw fruits
- "Soda" and alcohol.
It is recommended to include in the diet crumbly porridge such as pshenka or buckwheat. Fermented milk products and yesterday’s wholemeal bread are allowed. You can use some types of fruits and vegetables - but only in boiled or baked form.
Use of folk remedies
The main recipes of traditional medicine to improve the condition of the patient with meteorism are as follows:
- Dry dandelion roots are poured with 200 ml of warm water and infused for 24 hours. It is recommended to take the tincture three times a day,
- Similar tinctures are made from dill and parsley. Take 5 times a day,
- Chamomile tea. The frequency of admission - after 6 h.
For small patients, abdominal massage is recommended. Circular movements of the hands in a clockwise direction improve the child’s condition. Dill water provides additional assistance in eliminating the symptoms of flatulence in children - it can be purchased at a pharmacy or prepared from ground dill (1 tbsp. 200 ml of boiling water is poured).
Complications of flatulence
If meteorism is not treated, and hope for an independent passage of symptoms, without going to the doctor, the consequences of such neglect of their own health can be quite serious. First of all, due to the arising pain.Secondly, due to the fact that problems with the gastrointestinal tract can lead to general weakness of the body, insomnia, migraines and heart pain.
Especially dangerous flatulence can be for a pregnant woman. In addition to the discomfort delivered to the expectant mother, this condition also harms the health of the fetus. Due to poor health, a woman begins to eat improperly, and the baby receives less of the microelements and vitamins necessary for its development.
For the prevention of the disease, it is desirable for the patient to observe the following recommendations:
- get enough sleep Defective sleep is one of the factors contributing to the emergence and development of flatulence. In order to improve intestinal motility, it is recommended to sleep for at least 7–8 hours during the day (not necessarily in a row),
- lead a fairly active lifestyleto avoid physical inactivity and constipation caused by it. As physical controls that improve intestinal performance, you can choose, for example, walking or cycling,
- try to avoid stressful situations and nervous shocksdisrupting the bowels.
Another important recommendation is to give up bad habits such as drinking and smoking. First of all, due to the fact that alcohol and cigarettes are one of the most serious irritating factors for the body as a whole - including the stomach. Secondly, by increasing the volume of intestinal gases as a result of ingestion of a large amount of smoke and air into the smoker’s body.
Increased gas production in the digestive tract leads to flatulence. The condition is characterized by increased gas formation, abdominal pain and belching. And one of the main methods of getting rid of flatulence is the right diet.
Abdominal pain and gas in adults
Abdominal bloating and intestinal colic in adults is a sign of the formation of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Such paroxysmal cramps are called intestinal dyskinesia. If a person has symptoms of this disease, then you should consult a specialist. The cause should be identified and appropriate treatment initiated.
The initial state of the disease is formed due to psychogenic factors affecting human health. The cause of the disease can be stress, tension, nervous breakdowns, depression, emotional turmoil. Also on the formation of the disease affects the diet. Inadequate fiber intake leads to dyskinesia. The disease may occur due to pathogens of the intestinal infection.
The secondary manifestation in most cases is a result of chronic illnesses that have developed or of recent surgical interventions of the abdominal organs - the spleen, pancreas, and liver. The disease provokes hormonal disruptions, pituitary, diabetes.
Secondary manifestations can provoke excessive use of drugs - psychotropic drugs, anticonvulsants, antibiotics and muscle relaxants.
What diseases may indicate a combination of these symptoms?
Diseases of the digestive system can be the cause of colic in adults. Such diseases include ulcers, gastritis, malfunctions of the gallbladder, liver, pancreas. When this happens a violation of digestion. Food starts to digest badly. It enters the small intestine, causing agonizing spasms. Colic causes food intoxication poor quality or expired food. Toxins accumulate in the body, causing bloating, vomiting and nausea. In this case, treatment should be started urgently, while toxins do not have time to be absorbed into human blood. Rezi and flatulence can cause intestinal infections. At the same time pathogenic microbes that cause toxins enter the body.Salmonellosis, cholera, dysentery can be attributed to intestinal infections. The disease causes nervous diseases. These include stress, nervous overstrain. In most cases, such a manifestation occurs in impressionable people who have a lean physique. Also, patients suffer from congenital abnormal bowel position. Unpleasant manifestation causes helminth infection. Parasites in the intestine, affect the mucous walls. At the same time there are cramps in the stomach, reduced appetite. A person loses weight dramatically. There is flatulence, the person begins to swell. Another reason for the occurrence of an unpleasant illness are diseases of influenza and ARVI. Viral infections begin to affect the digestive and respiratory systems. Pathogenic microorganisms settle in the lymph nodes of the abdominal cavity. At the same time there is a strong inflammation, colic and spastic pain. Intestinal colic occurs due to obstruction of fecal masses in the intestine. There is a violation of its motility, accumulation of feces in the intestine, the emergence of rezi, stretching bowel loops. The cause may be mechanical obstacles in the form of adhesions or tumors. Such a manifestation is formed due to lifting weights or intense physical exertion on the body.
Sharp pain in the abdomen, The diverse nature of the manifestation of pain, depending on the type of dyskinesia. Pain can be shingles, dull, aching, cutting, paroxysmal. May last for several minutes or hours. Painful sensations in the form of slashes stop at night, during sleep. But after waking up, the pains begin to torment a person again. Spasms form after taking a meal. May occur after nervous breakdowns and emotional shocks. People have a malfunction when they have a bowel movement. In most cases, diarrhea occurs, frequent constipation begins to form. They are replaced by diarrhea with or without mucus. Relief comes after eliminating flatulence. At the same time, the intestines are emptied, the gases leave, the abdomen ceases to become swollen, bloating is eliminated. In adult patients, there is a constant rumbling in the stomach. Often, such a manifestation is the only symptom of a dangerous disease. People may have a dull pain in the back, in the region of the heart. Insomnia, irritability, depression begin to form.
In the event of one or more symptoms, an urgent need to consult a specialist.
The doctor must prescribe a diagnosis, find the cause of the emergence of rezi and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Types of intestinal dyskinesia
Rectum. This type of disease is also called rectal colic. It is characterized by false acute painful sensations to the emptying of the rectum, Pancreatic. Formed in the event of pancreatic pathologies. Symptoms include diarrhea, gag reflexes, abdominal distension, nausea. Localization of pain occurs in the upper abdomen to the left. The nature of the pain - shingles. Because of this manifestation, pancreatic tumors, acute pancreatitis, and lead can occur. This kind of illness occurs when lead intoxication. In adults, there are cramping cramps in the stomach. An increase in body temperature up to 39 ° C is observed. There is tension in the muscles of the abdominal wall. The gums begin to bleed. A gray bloom appears between the gums and teeth. In most cases, such manifestations are observed in employees working in hazardous industries. People at risk of mining and smelting lead are at risk. The disease can occur in molars, workers, producing cables and batteries, Hepatic. With this type of disease, pain and cramps are observed in the right hypochondrium.They may radiate to the shoulder and shoulder blade on the right. In this case, patients have a bitter taste in the mouth. A feeling of nausea begins to form. There is vomiting with bile. Such a disease provokes an acute form of cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, appendicular. Observed at the initial stage of acute appendicitis. It has an intense growing pain that occurs in the iliac region on the right, Renal. Accompanied by sharp intense cuttings that extend to the genitals, groin and lower back. They may increase with movement. Patients have an increase in body temperature up to 39 ° C. There is a sharp decrease in blood pressure, impaired urination. Formed vomiting, nausea. With the untimely intervention of specialists, a person may faint and lose consciousness. This form of the disease occurs with tumors, urolithiasis, pyelonephritis, kidney tuberculosis,
Differences of intestinal colic from other similar conditions
Intestinal colic is accompanied by severe abdominal pain due to problems with the gastrointestinal tract. Intestinal colic with bloating indicates the formation of flatulence. Cramps, colic, nausea may indicate food intoxication. Intestinal colic and bitterness in the mouth indicate liver failure. Acute pains on the right side, colic in the abdomen may indicate an acute form of appendicitis.
If symptoms occur, accompanied by colic in the stomach, it is necessary to consult a specialist to establish the cause. After diagnosis it is necessary to prescribe the appropriate treatment.
When do I need to see a doctor?
A specialist should be consulted if dyskinesia occurs in young children under three years of age. Obligatory medical consultation is necessary for older people, if there are blood clots in fecal masses, If bile is present in vomitus, it is necessary to consult a doctor if spasms and pains bother adults. patients for a long time, If the cramps are unbearable painful nature, accompanied by sharp pain in the abdomen, If there is bloating, the formation flatulence on the background of allergic reactions, it is mandatory that a specialist's consultation is necessary for pregnant and lactating girls, If the patient has had any abdominal surgery, resulting in pain and aching pain,
In order to eliminate the painful pain, use antispasmodics.
Abdominal distention and pain is a very unpleasant condition, most often caused by excessive accumulation of gas in the intestine. Their increased education can be caused by unhealthy diet, lifestyle, bad habits, but in some cases it can be the result of serious pathologies in the body.
From where in the digestive tract gas
The meteorism in translation from Greek means "raising", "swelling", as synonyms can also be used the concepts "timpany" or "swelling". These terms are understood as excessive accumulation of gases in the abdominal cavity, which happens if a lot of gas is formed or it cannot be effectively eliminated from the body.
Normally, the amount of gas in the intestinal sections varies depending on the diet, activity, age, and other factors. Gases are usually in the stomach and in the place of rotation of the colon, much less of them are concentrated in the sigmoid and cecum, and very little in the jejunum.
Gases in the stomach appear:
- when swallowing air
- are excreted in the digestive process (most),
- while neutralizing digestive secretions with bicarbonates,
- a small volume can enter the intestine from the blood.
Causes of bloating
One of the most common reasons why the stomach is puffy and sore is the wrong diet. Some products contribute to increased gas production. If a person uses a lot of flour products and products containing yeast, as well as cabbage in any form or legumes, then splitting them produces a lot of gas, which leads to stretching of the walls of the organ and pain in the abdomen.
Normally, the undigested food components should not enter the large intestine:
- carbohydrates begin to break down even in the mouth under the action of enzymes of saliva (amylase and maltase). The process continues in the stomach and small intestine, where carbohydrates break down to glucose, which penetrates the cell and oxidizes to water and carbon dioxide, or turns into fat or glycogen,
- Proteins in the stomach are exposed to hydrochloric acid, causing swelling and denaturing. Then pepsin cleaves them to amino acids, which penetrate into the blood and are converted by cells to the necessary protein molecules,
- A small part of the fat breaks down in the stomach under the action of lipase. The main digestion process takes place in the small intestine due to the effects of acids and enzymes.
Thus, all food must be split even before it enters the large intestine. In unchanged form, only water, vitamins and trace elements, as well as non-digestible substances (for example, cellulose) penetrate here.
If in the human diet too many carbohydrates and they can not split in the time that pass the stomach and duodenum, then once in the large intestine, they begin to wander. Alcohol, organic acids, acetone, carbon dioxide, hydrogen and other organic compounds are formed during the fermentation process.
If proteins penetrate into the large intestine, they begin to rot under the action of bacterial enzymes, resulting in methane, carbon dioxide, hydrogen, acetic acid and lactic acid, toxins. These compounds adversely affect the intestinal mucosa and lead to the fact that the stomach hurts from the resulting gases.
The more food the putrefactive bacteria have, the faster they will force out the useful intestinal flora (dysbacteriosis will develop). In violation of the breakdown of fats, which may be due to hormonal background, proteins and carbohydrates are poorly digested, since fat surrounds the food molecules and prevents the enzymes from affecting them.
Fermentation and decay can occur not only in the large intestine, the process can also begin in the stomach, if insufficient amounts of hydrochloric acid and trypsin are released. In this case, pain occurs in the upper abdomen and the disease is accompanied by dyspeptic disorders.
It is rot and fermentation that leads to the formation of gas in the abdominal cavity, but the reasons why these processes take place are different.
The penetration of proteins and carbohydrates into the colon can be caused by the development of organic or functional pathology, as well as being a variant of the norm.
If motility is reduced, then rotting and fermentation begins in the stomach or small intestine, as food stagnates. If peristalsis is increased, the enzymes do not have time to split the components before they enter the colon.
Even in the absence of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) with overeating, drinking carbonated drinks, or an unbalanced diet, there will be bloating and abdominal pain.
Part of the air that is in the stomach is swallowed while drinking or eating food. Normally, it comes out through the mouth during burping with air. But if there is an unpleasant taste in the mouth or a gas with a sour odor, this indicates serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
In some cases, the cause of pain in the lower abdomen in a serious organic pathology, in which the activity of the gastrointestinal tract is disturbed.This leads to a lack of enzymes necessary for the breakdown of proteins, fats or carbohydrates.
When the pathology of the gallbladder, pancreas, stomach or intestines are not synthesized enzymes or hormones, which should digest food or contribute to this process. There are many factors provoking bloating and abdominal pain.
For practical purposes, there are:
- Alimentary meteorism. Developed due to the splitting of products that promote increased gas formation. A lot of gas is emitted when using food with a high content of fiber and starch. These are legumes (peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas, peanuts), potatoes, black bread, any cabbage.
- Flatulence arising from disorders of the digestive function. Enzyme deficiency, deterioration of the absorption function, dysbacteriosis lead to rotting and fermentation in the gastrointestinal tract. With these processes, a lot of gas is released, the stomach can swell after eating.
- Mechanical bloating. Developed due to the deterioration of the evacuation function. That is, gases accumulate in a certain part of the intestine, since they cannot pass further due to the presence of some kind of obstacle. It can be adhesions, tumors, stenosis, fecal stones.
- Dynamic flatulence. Occurs due to a violation of gastrointestinal motility. Gases are poorly excreted in peritonitis, aerophagia, acute infections and poisoning, after childbirth or vagotomy. This form includes senile and childhood flatulence, as well as reflex, which appears during compression of the mesentery.
- Circulatory flatulence. It appears as there are general or local circulatory disorders (for example, due to stagnation of blood in the intestinal veins), which lead to a decrease in the absorption of gas from the intestines into the blood and an increase in the flow of gas from the circulatory system to the intestine.
- Psychogenic flatulence. It develops due to mental disorders affecting the activity of the digestive system, for example, with hysteria.
Often, pregnant women suffer from flatulence. It is caused by pressure of the enlarged uterus on the intestinal walls and the action of the hormone progesterone, which leads to relaxation of the smooth muscles of the organ and inhibits peristalsis. This leads to a violation of the movement of fecal masses and deterioration of the absorption function.
Small children often have abdominal distension, since the digestive tract is not yet fully formed, enzymes are not sufficiently active and the gastric juice is less sour. The more varied the diet of the child, the faster his enzymatic system will ensure the normal process of digestion.
Symptoms such as bloating and cramping abdominal pain may indicate intestinal obstruction, which requires emergency surgery to resolve. In pathology, there is a violation of the passage of intestinal contents due to a narrowing of the intestinal lumen as a result of hemodynamic disorder, innervation, its compression or spasm.
With an increased amount of gas, patients complain of a feeling of heaviness and swelling in the abdomen or parts of it, pain of a pulling or aching nature, which do not have a clear localization. In some cases, the pain radiates to the lower back.
In addition to pain, there are also dyspeptic disorders (belching with air, constipation or diarrhea, nausea, taste in mouth, lack of appetite), which may be the result of a primary disease or dysfunction of the gastrointestinal tract due to gas retention and an increase in intestine.
With the disease in some patients there is frequent and noisy excretion, while in others, on the contrary, gas retention. Elevation can lead to a burning sensation in the heart area, rapid heartbeat, sleep problems, mood swings, severe weakness, headache and muscle pain, numbness in the arms and legs. Sometimes patients say that there is a strong shortness of breath, the so-called dyspeptic asthma.
Background and symptoms of the disease
First of all, the reasons that a person has a bloated and sore stomach are rooted in normal overeating, always leading to the fact that the body does not have time to qualitatively process the excess food consumed during the nourishing meal. Often, after eating, the stomach is puffy and there are pains in the intestines in both adults and children due to the fact that they have consumed products that increase gas formation. These include mainly various vegetables, whole milk, animal fats and complex carbohydrates.
These causes of the pathological condition are more prevalent and it is very easy to get rid of gases that begin to swell the stomach; no specific treatment is required in these cases. But for many people, factors predisposing to the appearance of increased gas formation and pain, which can be localized in any area of the abdomen, are often more serious:
- Dyspepsia (acquired or congenital deficiency of digestive enzymes). It always leads to insufficient digestion of food, and, therefore, a person has a stomach after eating, stomach pains and often constipation or diarrhea.
- Enzyme deficiency, for example, hypolactasia, that is, intolerance to milk sugar, in addition to strong flatulence is always accompanied by diarrhea. It provokes the appearance of a congenital deficiency in the human beta-galactosidase enzyme.
What to do in these cases and how to get rid of unpleasant symptoms will only tell a specialist, since only he can prescribe adequate treatment of these pathologies.
Methods to get rid of dysfunction
Treatment of abdominal distention completely depends on what causes it provoked. The main purpose of the therapy of flatulence is to reduce the formation of gas in the intestine or accelerate their removal from the digestive organ.
This is due to the fact that if any infection is recognized as the cause of flatulence, antibacterial therapy is necessary, which is absolutely not recommended without specialist control. Quite significant in therapeutic activities with flatulence is the regulation of bowel functions, which consists of the following:
- If the swelling is accompanied by severe constipation, the doctor performs the main treatment with lung laxatives. In addition to them, a special diet is prescribed, in the diet of which the amount of plant fiber is increased.
- Severe pain, provoked by increased gas, is effectively eliminated with the help of antispasmodics, for example, But-shpy.
- You can reduce bloating if you take a medicine like Smecta or activated charcoal. But you should be aware that the pill of this drug is not as safe as is commonly believed, so they should be used with caution and, preferably, after consulting with your doctor.
- If an increase in flatulence has provoked an intestinal infection, patients are prescribed Acilact, Hilak-forte or Linex, which are most effective in this type of pathology. In general, all drugs aimed at removing the negative symptoms of flatulence, there are three types. Synthetic drugs that prevent the production of gases, drugs that accelerate their excretion, and herbal-based medicines intended for use by pregnant women and young children are used to treat illness.
It is imperative that with this pathological dysfunction the necessary therapeutic measures should be taken in order to eliminate the root cause of the pathology. Under stress, sedatives are prescribed to patients and light sports as well as proper rest are recommended.
If meteorism is provoked by helminths, antiparasitic therapy is necessary, and with peritonitis, therapeutic measures are chosen strictly for each individual patient.
Nutrition correction as the basis of therapeutic interventions
Choosing the right diet for bloating caused by nutritional causes can help solve the delicate problem in most cases without resorting to medical drugs that can cause unwanted side effects. The change of the usual daily menu of a person to a dietary one is that all products that can provoke flatulence and the accompanying pain are excluded from it. These include:
- white cabbage in any form, turnips, cucumbers, as well as all members of the legume family and onions,
- whole milk,
- flour products on yeast dough, or made from rye flour,
- wheat and pearl barley,
- marinated or smoked products.
The expulsion from the diet of the patient with flatulence should be sharp spices, spices, as well as beverages such as soda, kvass or beer. In addition, it is necessary to add healthy products that can not only solve the delicate problem with increased gas formation, but also to saturate the body with vital trace elements and vitamins. Such a diet is a huge plus - it is not very strict, so it is easily tolerated by a person and does not cause him negative emotions. Also, experts recommend to listen to some useful tips.
Compliance with these simple rules helps to fully restore the work of the digestive organs and eliminate gas dysfunction in the intestines:
- The daily ration should be only fractional. Frequent meals in minimal portions can facilitate the work of the digestive tract and in a short time to cope with flatulence.
- Soups should be present in the daily diet regularly, and their use should occur at least twice a day.
- Drinking regimen should be enhanced with plain clean water and herbal teas.
- About any food dry and on the go, as well as chewing the bubble gum must be forgotten forever.
Increased gas formation, accompanied by pain, is a very unpleasant process. Any person who has such a problem wants to get rid of it quickly, so you should not think about false shame and delay with a visit to a specialist. It should always be remembered that only a qualified doctor can help in this situation, and self-treatment of negative symptoms of flatulence is strictly contraindicated, as it can only exacerbate a delicate problem.