Hemorrhoids in itself is a very unpleasant disease. To get rid of it, most often it is necessary to perform surgery. Against the background of such treatment, the rehabilitation process after the operation of hemorrhoids can be very unpleasant and long. If we talk about the timing of recovery, it all depends on the actions of the patient. If he complies with the necessary recommendations, in this case, the healing is much faster. However, in some situations, complications can occur.
In this case, the period of rehabilitation after surgery hemorrhoids is a bit delayed. Therefore, it is important to understand that much depends on the actions of the patient. If he ignores the advice of doctors, then recovery will have to wait longer.
How long does hemorrhoids heal
First of all, it should be said that the minimum period of rehabilitation after a hemorrhoid operation is at least 3 weeks. The maximum duration of this period can be up to 5 weeks. Fast recovery can be expected if the patient does not have serious complications. This happens quite rarely. Most often, patients note that rehabilitation after hemorrhoid surgery is rather fast.
However, it all depends on the behavior of the patient after the procedure. The first weeks after surgery should be spent most of the time in bed. With any careless movement there is a risk of re-inflammation.
According to reviews, rehabilitation after surgery for hemorrhoids is complicated by the fact that after a week, patients begin to feel relief. Therefore, they often move and allow themselves to exercise. However, in order to speed recovery, it is necessary to adhere to strict rules during the first 2-3 weeks.
Only after 14-21 days you can start walking and allow yourself some minor loads. It is very important that during rehabilitation a person adheres to the norms of physical activity. This means that in the postoperative period in no case can not lift weights.
Good to know
To shorten the rehabilitation period after surgery to remove hemorrhoids, a person should not be stressed, as even a poor emotional state can lead to a longer healing process.
In addition, you need to adhere to special diets and periodically take drugs to speed healing. They are prescribed only by a specialist who can prescribe a certain dosage. Depending on how the recovery of a patient occurs, it is imperative to visit a specialist so that he can observe the healing process and, in the event of the appearance of secondary inflammatory processes, could prescribe therapy.
During rehabilitation after surgery of hemorrhoids on the rectum it is equally important to observe the rules of hygiene of the anus, as well as the genitals. The term of recovery directly depends on all these points and how much the patient follows the rules.
After surgery of this type, additional problems often appear that significantly prolong the rehabilitation period after surgery for hemorrhoids. Sometimes troubles are observed immediately after surgery. It also happens that discomfort, secondary inflammation and other problems appear much later.
Most often, after surgery, according to reviews, patients have problems with urination. As a rule, men face such complications more often. Abnormal urination can be observed within 1 day after surgery. This is because anesthesia was applied during the procedure. That is why after the operation it is desirable to introduce a catheter, with the help of which artificial urine output will be carried out. As a rule, after a few days, the unpleasant symptoms disappear and the apparatus is not required to drain the liquid.
In addition, considering how long the rehabilitation after the operation of hemorrhoids lasts, you should also pay attention to other possible complications, which patients sometimes talk about in their reviews. For example, almost all are faced with fairly strong pain in the rectum and anus. This results from the fact that in this zone there are a lot of nerve endings. After the cessation of anesthesia, patients begin to feel very strong and unpleasant pain. To get rid of these symptoms, the doctor may prescribe painkillers.
In rare situations, a rectal prolapse occurs after the procedure. Such a complication is considered one of the rarest. It may occur if the surgeon has performed the wrong actions or by negligence damaged the neuromuscular fiber. To get rid of the problem will require conservative or surgical treatment.
In the first stages of rehabilitation after the operation of hemorrhoids, many complain of the appearance of bleeding. Usually, similar symptoms occur immediately after surgery. This is explained by the fact that during the procedure the specialists did not cauterize well or pierced the blood vessels. This leads to the fact that even due to the smallest movements the patient can provoke bleeding.
Often there is a narrowing of the anal passage, fistula, suppuration, and much more. If after the procedure some complications have appeared, then in this case it is difficult to say how much rehabilitation after surgery for hemorrhoids will take time. First of all, the doctor needs to get rid of the problems that have formed, and only after that we can talk about a full recovery.
Rules of rehabilitation
In the process of surgical intervention, the inflamed bumps are completely excised, due to which it is possible to get rid of the unpleasant pathology. As a rule, such procedures are performed at the last stage in the event that conservative therapy turned out to be completely ineffective. It is believed that after such procedures there can be no serious complications. However, doctors strongly recommend adhering to all the rules of rehabilitation after surgery hemorrhoids Grade 3 or another stage. The recovery process may vary depending on the individual indicators of a particular patient. It is necessary to take into account his age, health and other indicators.
As a rule, on average, healing occurs from 3 weeks to several months. Regardless of the recovery scheme that the doctor has compiled, for the first 5 days the patient should be in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor.
The first days he is forbidden to eat any food. In the event that the patient ignores these recommendations, he will have a stool, which can lead to serious injury to the stitches and longer healing.
Also, patients need to periodically dressings. In the process of these procedures are used antibacterial ointment and healing cream. Often, additional drug therapy is required. A person should take medications in the dosage prescribed by the doctor after discharge.
Although the patient can stay at home, this does not mean that he can immediately return to normal life, as before surgery. Hiking is allowed only after consulting a doctor.
If we talk about sports activities, they will have to be forgotten during the first 3 months of rehabilitation after surgery to remove hemorrhoids. If complications appear after surgery, this period is extended.
In no case should heavy objects be lifted for a month, and in order not to experience pain, it is recommended to purchase special pillows that are installed on a chair, sofa, car seat, and so on. In no event it is impossible to visit saunas, baths and other institutions with the increased temperatures. To speed up the recovery process, often the doctor prescribes special medicines.
According to reviews, rehabilitation after surgery for hemorrhoids is often accompanied by inflammatory processes, which are very difficult to avoid. There is also swelling, pain and other unpleasant symptoms. To improve the patient's condition a little, experts recommend using a cream with nitroglycerin ("Nitrocor"). They help to stop the cramps that occur in the sphincter. This reduces pain not only during rest but also in the process of excrement.
Analgesics (Ketanov, Pentalgin, Etodin Fort) may also be required. However, they are recommended to be used only when severe pain appears, it is not necessary to switch to the full course of treatment. If serious inflammation is observed, the doctor may prescribe rectal suppositories (Relief, Venarus, Detralex) to speed up the rehabilitation after the operation of hemorrhoids. You can also alleviate your condition with the help of traditional medicine, for example, some use sit-down baths with the addition of sage, chamomile, calendula and other soothing herbs.
Ice compresses help to cope with pain and reduce inflammation. When they are used, the vessels constrict, thereby reducing pain in the anus. If a person has constipation, then he may need a means of laxative action.
One of the most important stages of rehabilitation after surgery hemorrhoids and cracks in the anus is proper nutrition. Thanks to the diet, the patient can count on a faster recovery.
First of all, it is necessary to adhere to several generally accepted rules. For example, food should be taken in small portions, but more often (5-6 times a day). In no case can not overeat. This will lead to problems in the stomach and, accordingly, in the rectum. It is advisable to steam all dishes, simmer, boil, bake, but in no case do not fry. Also in the patient's diet should be the necessary amount of trace elements, vitamins and other components that provoke an early recovery.
Experts recommend to include in the daily diet of plant foods, which helps easier to empty the intestines. It is worth paying attention to foods that contain more fiber. Thanks to this component, normal peristalsis is stimulated.
Also, doctors recommend every day to use a teaspoon of natural olive oil. Additionally, it is worth including more fish and meat dishes in the diet. Every day you need to drink at least 2 liters of water. However, on the first day of rehabilitation after a hemorrhoid operation with a laser or other method, it is forbidden to use any food and drink.
As a rule, on day 2 it is allowed to start eating lean broths or frayed porridge. Later, the diet is expanded. However, it is very important to abandon the wrong foods.
What is forbidden to eat
After surgery, it is important to abandon certain foods that can cause problems with the gastrointestinal tract. This means that in no case canned food, pickles, fried foods and convenience foods (especially fast food).
You also need to abandon smoked meats, sausages, spicy, spicy, salty, sour, fatty meat broths, sweet pastries, ice cream, sweets, legumes, rice and pearl barley, black bread, nuts, oily fish, meat, soda, strong tea and of alcohol.
Hygiene procedures after surgery
How the rehabilitation will take place after surgery for hemorrhoids and how many days it will take to recover depends on the actions of the patient himself. If he prefers not to go to the shower, not to wash his hands and not to carry out proper hygienic manipulations after going to the toilet, then this can provoke more inflammation and in some cases the development of infection.
Daily hygiene measures are among the most important in the recovery process after such a surgical procedure. Every day the patient should carefully monitor the cleanliness not only of the hands and body, but also of the anus, and also of the genitals. This will help prevent the occurrence of unpleasant infections and speed up the tissue healing process. Accordingly, recovery will be much faster.
Among the recommendations of experts there are no special manipulations that can significantly complicate life. Doctors and patients who have undergone this procedure, argue that it is first necessary to wash with warm water twice a day (morning and evening). It is also necessary to clean the area of the anus after each act of defecation.
The skin around the anal area should be dry. To do this, it is best to use soft napkins. If their use causes pain, then you can use a soft cotton cloth. In the process of processing the anus, you need to move very carefully and slowly. It should be understood that in this area, as a rule, the process of inflammation and healing takes place. Therefore, it is not necessary to provoke complications once again.
It is worth noting that doctors strongly recommend the use of toilet paper. It can damage and scratch the skin. This will lead to more irritation and inflammation. Therefore, it is best to only wash with water after using the toilet, using a shower or bidet. When the wounds heal a little and the patient begins to feel relief, you can start using special wet toilet paper, which also does not cause serious harm or irritation.
Many believe that with the help of cosmetics you can greatly alleviate your condition. In fact, it is not. The only thing that is recommended to use is a liquid soap. However, you need to carefully read its composition. In the soap should not be a large number of additives, flavors and substances with coloring properties. It is best to use intimate gel for these purposes. If a person can already leave the house and starts visiting public places, then it is recommended to always carry with you an antibacterial wet wipe. If you have to go to the toilet outside the house, then you must carefully treat the anus, so as not to infect it with an infection.
Not superfluous will be carrying out cleansing baths. To do this, you can use soothing herbs, from which the decoctions are prepared. They are also used for washing or just for relaxation.
It is very important to monitor the healing process. Therefore, it is necessary to periodically visit a doctor. He will be able to evaluate the recovery process. Based on the foregoing, it becomes obvious that there is no exact recovery period after such a surgical procedure. However, as a rule, after a few weeks, patients gradually return to their normal lifestyle. But it is better not to rush.If loads are exerted on the body, this may provoke later consequences. Therefore, you should be careful and take care of yourself and your body.
What is hemorrhoids
The disease that occurs as a result of circulatory disorders in the vessels of the hemorrhoidal plexus of the rectum is called hemorrhoids. Often this disease occurs with complications: bleeding, thrombosis and varicose veins. Hemorrhoids are equally susceptible to men and women. At risk are those who are obese, constipated, lead a sedentary lifestyle, engage in anal sex, eat a lot of salty, smoked, spicy foods. In addition, inflammation of hemorrhoids can occur in athletes and people with hard work.
Surgical treatment of hemorrhoids
If the inflammation of the hemorrhoidal sinuses is often recurrent and chronic, then the coloproctologist may advise the patient on a surgical method of treatment, having previously performed anti-inflammatory complex therapy. If the rectum or anus is inflamed, surgical treatment becomes impossible. First, the swelling is removed, only then the specialist decides whether the patient can be operated on. As a rule, surgery becomes the best option for:
- loss of nodes
- severe pain syndrome
- purulent secretions,
- excessive bleeding, causing the risk of anemia,
- 3 and 4 stages of hemorrhoids,
- severe inflammation of hemorrhoids,
- thrombosis of venous cones,
At the early stage of hemorrhoid development, when the nodes are not greatly enlarged, minimally invasive techniques can be used in the hospital, i.e. without using a scalpel. The most common are: sclerotherapy, dearterization, cryodestruction and laser coagulation. The postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids using minimally invasive methods will take only three days. Launched hemorrhoids will require serious surgery. The most popular surgical techniques for the removal of hemorrhoids are:
- Hemorrholopexy on Longo. Removal of external hemorrhoids occurs with a circular endostepler. This device excises the affected anus tissue and simultaneously flushes the mucous layer with titanium brackets. Hemorrhoids after Longo surgery will require a short recovery period of just 3 days.
- Milligan-Morgan hemorrhoidectomy (open and closed). Open type surgery is considered the most difficult for the body. She passes under general anesthesia. The doctor inserts the anoscope, grasps the knots and pulls them out. Next is the excision of the node. Rehabilitation after hemorrhoidectomy is more than 5 weeks.
The postoperative period after surgery for hemorrhoids
The duration of rehabilitation after surgery depends on the correctness of the implementation of the recommendations of the doctor. In addition, recovery from hemorrhoid removal often depends on the type of surgery and the characteristics of the disease. After an open hemorrhoidectomy, the duration of the rehabilitation period is 1.5 months, closed - 2 weeks. After the intervention of Longo, in the absence of complications, the recovery will take 10 days. Hemorrhoids after surgery using minimally invasive techniques will require 2 to 5 days of rehabilitation.
Discomfort and pain often appear during the postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoids, but most patients begin to feel better on the third day after excision. As a rule, a person can return to his usual activities in a week. In this case, during the recovery period, you should definitely stay in bed rest, which is especially important in the first two weeks. In addition, you can not play sports, it is necessary to revise your diet. It should follow all the requirements of the doctor, then you can avoid negative consequences.
The main stages of rehabilitation
The method of recovery after surgery is selected for each patient individually. The postoperative period after removal of hemorrhoidal cones includes, as a rule, several stages. These include:
- Reception of medicines. To accelerate the healing of stitches and prevent wound suppuration, ointments with anesthetic, anti-inflammatory action can be applied topically.
- Hygiene rules. After each bowel movement it is necessary to wash the anus with water and baby soap.
- Dietary nutrition. During the recovery period, in order to avoid recurrence of hemorrhoids, food should be light and not linger in the intestines.
- Moderate locomotor activity. To prevent the occurrence of complications after hemorrhoids, it is necessary to minimize the physical load on the pelvic area.
After removal of hemorrhoids by hemorrhoidectomy or by the method of Longo in order to avoid exacerbations, you should follow certain rules:
- You should definitely keep personal hygiene,
- for several days after surgery, it is recommended to observe bed rest,
- you can not strain the press and make sudden movements,
- you can have sex only 3 weeks after removing the cones,
- patients whose work activity is associated with a long stay in front of the computer should use a special pillow,
- You can play sports only with the permission of a doctor 15 days after the operation.
Can I sit after surgery
Patients after removing hemorrhoids for some time is forbidden to sit on the pope. The duration of the ban depends on the type of surgical intervention, the quality of the recovery process and compliance with the recommendations of the proctologist. As a rule, patients are allowed to sit down after 48 hours, but with the obligatory use of a ring-shaped hemorrhoid pillow. When performing a squat, a person should not have sharp pains, but an unpleasant squeeze may well be present.
After hemorrhoidectomy and other types of surgery, an important role in recovery is given to a properly organized diet. The following principles of good nutrition should be followed:
- the patient menu should contain dishes with a large number of mineral components and vitamin substances,
- it is necessary to protect against the occurrence of constipation, so it is important to use about 2 liters of clean water per day,
- it is necessary to eat fractional (food intake 5 times a day), and the portions should be small,
- you can not eat spicy foods and foods that lead to increased gas formation.
From the second day after the operation a strict diet should be followed, which will include the following permitted foods:
- scrambled eggs,
- porridges on the water (millet, buckwheat),
- dairy products (yogurt, kefir),
- soup cooked in vegetable broth,
- herbal decoctions,
- weak tea
- boiled meat or fish
- fruits and vegetables containing fiber.
For a quick recovery of the body, it is important to remove additional loads from the digestive system, and the following products should be excluded from the diet:
- whole milk,
- rice porridge,
- baking, chocolate, hot pastries,
- fatty meats, fish,
- carbonated, alcoholic beverages,
- rich meat broths,
- Kiwi, raspberries, figs, strawberries,
- sauces, ketchup, hot spices, marinade,
- vegetables that contain coarse fiber (radishes, garlic, fresh onions, sorrel, cucumbers, spinach),
- strong coffee, tea.
Exercise after surgery
During recovery after removal of hemorrhoids, minimal motor activity should be used. A week after the intervention, the patient must get up, sit, walk. This will help to restore metabolic processes, which is important for the rapid healing of postoperative stitches, the overall recovery of the body. Power sports, physical intensive load, weight lifting are completely excluded. You can not do on the gym, cycling. Fast recovery helps daily walks. Here are some simple exercises:
- cross your legs at the knees, you need to strain the muscles of the buttocks and anus, so should be repeated ten times,
- for blood circulation to return to normal, you need to walk on the spot, raising your knees high,
- lying on your back, you must raise your legs up and make circular movements, as if riding a bicycle, repeat ten times.
Huge value after excision of hemorrhoids is given to hygienic care of the anus. To prevent the occurrence of undesirable consequences, you should follow the recommendations:
- after emptying the intestines, it is necessary to rinse the anus with cool water, in the opinion of many patients this helps to increase the vascular tone,
- do not use toilet paper
- two times a day should be washed with warm water,
- underwear should always be soft, synthetic materials and rough seams are unacceptable,
- after washing the anus, you should not rub it with a towel, it is necessary to make blotting movements with a soft cloth,
- the use of laxatives is permissible only after consulting a specialist,
- During the washing process, you can use herbal decoctions of chamomile, train, nettle,
- being a guest, after the process of defecation, you can use wet wipes.
When can I start having sex after removing hemorrhoids
With an uncomplicated rehabilitation period, discomfort after surgery to remove hemorrhoids persists for 10 days. In this case, the person probably will not particularly want to have sex. Experts recommend to engage in sexual contact no earlier than 25 days after removal of hemorrhoids. A man actively moves during sex, and any physical activity can cause a relapse of the disease. Heal the anus will be long, so you should forget about anal sex for at least six months.
Hemorrhoid treatment after surgery
After the surgical intervention, the patient requires postoperative treatment, especially if it is necessary for a person to experience severe pain for several days. In this case, be sure to consult a doctor. After examination, the proctologist may recommend using special ice packs, herbal baths and medications (candles, ointments, tablets). They perfectly relieve discomfort during bowel movements. You can not independently write such funds, because allergies may develop.
Wound suppositories are effective means of conservative therapy, which are used after surgery to remove hemorrhoids. The advantage of candles over ointments and tablets is the speed of the ingress of medicinal substances directly into the inflamed node. The most popular healing candles for hemorrhoids are:
- Natalsid. The drug has a good therapeutic effect, has a powerful regenerating effect on the damaged rectal mucosa. At the core of the drug are natural ingredients, so it has almost no side effects. Good reviews about candles can be found on sites for pregnant women. Rarely, the drug can cause allergies, itching, flaking of the skin.
- Relief. Candles have a hemostatic effect, accelerate tissue regeneration. The active base substance of the drug is shark liver oil. This component promotes tissue repair, accelerated healing of cracks. For patients from 12 years of age, administration of suppositories is prescribed no more than 4 times per day. Side effects: itching, redness of the perianal area, swelling, fever, rash.
Most patients prefer to use painkillers in the form of tablets. They can include natural, chemical components and give a quick effect. If you start taking pain pills on time after hemorrhoid surgery, they will help to avoid unpleasant complications. The most popular pills, according to reviews of many patients, are:
- Detralex. The drug has an angioprotective effect, i.e. reduces capillary permeability, eliminates swelling and pain. The tool improves microcirculation, blood outflow from hemorrhoidal enlarged nodes. Three tablets must be taken 2 times a day. Nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness can seldom occur while taking detralex.
- Ibuklin Popular anesthetic drug based on ibuprofen. Possess anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties, has an excellent antipyretic effect. The tool is able to quickly neutralize the pain syndrome, actively acting on the inflammation. According to the instructions Ibuklin rarely can cause such side effects as diarrhea, stomach pain, blurred vision, dizziness.
Complications after surgery to remove hemorrhoids
Rarely, after removal of hemorrhoids, complications can occur. If minimally invasive methods are non-traumatic and safe, then hemorrhoidectomy can provoke the following negative effects:
- Infection. Occurs when the patient or proctologist does not comply with the principles of hygiene.
- Stricture (narrowing of the anus). The decrease in the diameter of the anus appears due to incorrectly stitched seams.
- Soreness Pain after surgery is common, because In the intestinal mucosa is a huge amount of nerve processes. Doctors in this case may prescribe analgesics.
- Ishuria (urinary retention). This condition is more typical for men, it develops a day after the removal of cones.
- Bleeding. May be strong or weak. Often bleeding occurs a few days after the intervention, when the feces begin to injure the stitches or scars that have been applied.
- Fistula This can be provoked by improper muscle seizure during stapling wounds.
- Lung rectum. Appears when the operation is incorrect.
The information presented in the article is for informational purposes only. Article materials do not call for self-treatment. Only a qualified doctor can diagnose and advise on treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.
How long heals: recovery time
Modern techniques allow you to remove hemorrhoids even in outpatient settings. It takes very little time.
Rehabilitation and recovery after surgery hemorrhoids depends on the type of intervention and the severity of the disease.
After traditional surgery, the patient is in the hospital for another two weeks. Minimally invasive intervention is less traumatic, so after the procedure the patient is observed for two to three hours and allowed to go home. A person can start his usual business the next day, avoiding physical exertion.
The procedure is performed by introducing a sclerosing drug into the hemorrhoid, after which elastic compression is applied to the treatment site. The patient is under observation for an hour, then can go home. There is no recovery period after sclerotherapy. But during the week it is recommended to follow a diet to avoid constipation, and to refrain from heavy physical exertion.
After surgery, patients return to work as usual after about three weeks, provided there are no complications. Patients are in the hospital under the supervision of a doctor for about 10 days.A further period of recovery takes place at home.
If necessary, you can issue a sick leave. Disease relapses after operations occur in 13–15% of patients.
How many are in the hospital
After surgery, patients are in the hospital for up to three weeks. At the same time, sick leaves are issued to working citizens.
Minimally invasive hemorrhoid removal techniques can shorten the rehabilitation period from 1 to 3 days. In the absence of complications, the patient can return to normal life after this time.
What to do after surgery: rehabilitation
Approximately 3 days after surgery to remove hemorrhoids, the patient begins a rehabilitation period. You must follow all the recommendations of the doctor.
First of all, it is necessary to remove edema at the site of remote sites. This will have to make lotions with a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
To prevent pulmonary complications, bed rest should be avoided. Postoperative patients require hyperventilation. To do this, move more and perform breathing exercises. After discharge from the hospital, patients are recommended to practice therapeutic exercises or swimming.
The rehabilitation period is a time when you especially need to keep an eye on the stool, avoiding diarrhea and constipation. You should also give up alcohol and heavy physical exertion.
Patients undergoing surgery, doctors are advised to adhere to certain rules relating to various aspects of life:
To better promote the feces in the intestines, experts advise to use bran. They need to steam with boiling water and add just one spoon to different dishes.
Baths lasting up to 15 minutes with a temperature of about 45 ° C help to heal postoperative wounds. For procedures, you can use a decoction of calendula or chamomile (100 ml of broth per 50 liters of water) or a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
During the recovery period after surgery, patients are prescribed rectal suppositories with methyluracil, calendula or sea buckthorn. Also, postoperative patients are shown taking phlebotonics in tablets, which contribute to the strengthening of blood vessels.
The time of rehabilitation depends on the individual characteristics of the organism. The average recovery time after removal of hemorrhoids is from 3 to 5 weeks.
In the first two weeks after surgery, bed rest is recommended. Any stress or strain provokes a relapse. In the subsequent period it is allowed to perform light exercises (walking for 5-10 minutes 3-4 times a day). It is recommended to drink plenty of fluids and not strain during the act of defecation.
On the first day after the operation, no food can be taken to prevent seam rupture and infection of the surgical field with infections. On the second day and then meals start with small but frequent portions, at least 5-6 times a day.
Be sure to observe personal hygiene measures after each trip to the toilet.
Important! For the speedy healing of postoperative wounds and the prevention of complications and inflammations, sedentary baths with healing herbs and solutions help well. By itself, warm water will reduce pain, normalizes blood flow. Herbs, such as chamomile, have an antimicrobial, healing effect and promote rapid healing.
In the postoperative period, sports and heavy exercises are prohibited. Instead, try to move more, practice yoga, jogging, and fitness training.
The day after hemorrhoidectomy, a rather painful stool appears. Therefore, ice bags are used to eliminate discomfort, ice will soothe and ease pain. Also, it is recommended to take laxatives a couple of days after surgery.
Important! Some time after removal, hemorrhoids may still bother the patient, in this case, regenerating ointments, suppositories and painkillers are perfect.
The feasibility of taking drugs and the duration of therapy is determined by the attending physician. Do not self-medicate so as not to worsen the situation. Follow the recommendations prescribed by your doctor to get rid of hemorrhoids completely.
In the postoperative recovery mode, the main place is taken by the diet. Rehabilitation is easier, faster and more successful with proper nutrition.
We'll have to change eating habits. You can not eat poorly digestible proteins (mushrooms, lamb, etc.) and easily digestible carbohydrates (sugar, sweets, cookies, etc.).
Important! In no case should food be fried, spicy or smoked. Alcohol, coffee, milk and gas beverages are prohibited.
In addition to the above products are also prohibited:
- Black bread,
- Cabbage, garlic,
- Apples, raspberries.
Very useful for digestion and post-operative recovery are liquid and soft foods, fiber-rich foods.
It is best to eat steamed dishes, steamed, boiled. Buckwheat, oatmeal, stewed or fresh vegetables, boiled meat, broth should be the main diet of the patient. Such a balance of proteins, carbohydrates and plant foods favorably affects wound healing, shaping softer stools, reducing pain and accelerated recovery. Diets are followed during the recovery period and two months after.
In addition to nutritional restrictions, it is very important to prevent the recurrence of hemorrhoids. Preventive measures are created in order to alleviate the symptoms of the disease and prevent recurrence.
Prevention includes several important recommendations.
- First of all, follow the diet. Balanced nutrition plays an important role in the treatment and prevention of hemorrhoids.
- Limit salt intake. If salt is abused, it remains in the blood and can cause swelling of the veins in the anus.
- Take care of the bowels and anus. People prone to frequent constipation often suffer from hemorrhoids. If you sit tight in the closet and straighten up, then there is tension, due to which the veins in the anus are inflated and overflowing with blood. Hard stools worsen the situation by damaging the veins. A healthy person should have a chair once a day in the morning, without exertion. Depending on the individual characteristics of the chair should be at least 3 times a week.
- Proper hygiene. Toilet paper is hard, sometimes it contains substances that irritate the skin. Use flavored paper, white. Paper may be slightly wet before use. It is necessary to wash away after a toilet every time.
- Do not give in to itching. When hemorrhoids often want to scratch, do not do that. Scratching results in relief, but it hurts the walls of vulnerable veins and hemorrhoids intensifies.
- You can not lift weights and strain, it does not matter if you are involved in sports, or you move a wardrobe.
- Keep warm. Supercooling of the body disrupts blood circulation, causing hemorrhoids or its recurrence.
- Control weight. The weight pressure on the limbs leads not only to the appearance of varicose veins, but also to hemorrhoids.
- Get moving. Walk more often, especially with a sedentary lifestyle.
Tip: It will be useful to replace the soft chair seat with a hard or semi-rigid one.
Remember that getting rid of hemorrhoids requires a change in eating habits, hygiene and exercise. If you follow the necessary recommendations, you can forever say goodbye to this disease or, in extreme cases, reduce the likelihood of its exacerbation.
After surgery and throughout life it is worth taking care of your health, walk more often, do not forget to do light exercises during sedentary work, and run. Maintain the normal activity of the gastrointestinal tract, eat right. Otherwise, hemorrhoids will haunt you again and again.