Are there effective ways to deal with alcohol-related nausea?
Nausea is a symptom characteristic of many diseases:
- vascular disorders
- infectious processes
- gastrointestinal disorders
- endocrine disorders and others.
Based on this complaint alone, the patient cannot be given a definitive diagnosis. To do this, you need to understand the causes of its occurrence, the factors that provoke the onset and completeness of manifestation.
One of the factors that can cause nausea is drinking alcohol. At the same time, not only the alcohol-containing component itself has a negative effect on the body, but also its decomposition products (for example, acetaldehyde).
Why does post-alcohol nausea occur?
Certain chemical compounds that enter the body with food can shift the pH of the gastric juice to the alkaline side. An excessive amount of hydroxy groups formed as a result of the chemical decomposition of alkali molecules irritates recipes of the internal epithelium of the gastric mucosa, sending impulses to the brain. The responsible center of the cerebral cortex, trying to cleanse the body of provoking factors, stimulates nausea and even vomiting.
The manifestation of the symptom is the stronger, the more alkali formed in the body.
The described cause of nausea is characteristic of a person who has practically no chronic diseases and does not suffer from pathology of the cardiovascular system. Otherwise, in the pathogenesis of nausea, there may be features associated with individual health problems. For example, for persons prone to hypertensive crises, the primary relaxing effect of alcohol on blood vessels can cause a drop in blood pressure, which will manifest nausea.
Alcohol can also provoke the uncharacteristic activity of a number of endocrine glands, which, synthesizing and throwing hormones into the blood, can also have a nauseating effect.
What to do to deal with post-alcohol nausea?
To help the body cope with this condition (provided there are no other diseases), it is necessary to neutralize the excess alkali. This can be done by consuming acid-containing products or acid in the form of a medication (for example, ascorbic acid in tablets). Acid-containing products include:
- pickled fruits and vegetables,
- mineral water (especially with gas) and other components.
In this case, a simple chemical reaction of neutralization occurs in the stomach cavity, as a result of which carbon dioxide and water are formed.
Another way is to use starchy substances and dishes: jelly, jelly, sauces and others. In this case, gastric contractions normalize, excess intragastric biological fluids bind, and inflammatory processes on the mucosa calm down.
The condition for the use of starch-containing products is the absence of fat and protein in them.
How else to get rid of nausea after alcohol? You can try to get rid of unpleasant symptoms by mechanically cleansing the stomach (causing alimentary vomiting in an artificial way). Drinking at one moment 2-2.5 liters of pure water and causing a feeling of fullness of the stomach, vomiting is provoked and excess alkali is removed. To facilitate the process, you can drink sparkling water. Cold and hot drinks will not help in this situation.
At the same time, one should breathe deeply and calmly, preferably with fresh air of cool temperature.
It’s even better not to sleep in the fresh air, preferably without the use of sleeping pills.
Water procedures, such as showers or light baths, can be helpful in cases of alcoholic nausea. Apply this method can people with a healthy cardiovascular system, so as not to provoke a hypertensive crisis or, conversely, hypotonic syndrome.
How to eat if nausea continues?
In order not to start new bouts of nausea, you should eat:
- fractional small portions
- do not overeat,
- do not drink food with liquids,
- increase the number of meals
- do not eat fatty, fried, spice-fortified foods.
Do not include milk and dishes prepared from it in the diet. No need to torment your stomach with hunger. It is better to give him the opportunity to gradually and sparingly get out of time pressure.
What folk remedies can help?
Many traditional medicine recipes for alcoholic nausea and vomiting include parsley and mint. Brewing tea from these herbs, you can get a fairly quick and lasting effect.
It is useful to prepare decoctions of the following herbs:
- St. John's wort
If possible and in the absence of contraindications, it is recommended to add plantain and narrow-leaved fireweed to the mixture.
Peppermint leaves and stems will help improve the aroma and taste of the drug.
Take the broth three times a day for half a glass.
In modern practice, aromatherapy is widely used as a stabilizing and calming effect. The aromas of oils of lemon, mandarin, raspberry, eucalyptus and other plants positively affect the susceptibility of the brain to incoming impulses and inhibit the response (signal to vomit).
There are also methods proposed by Chinese medicine. For example, suck nutmeg (in powder form) with hot water. Slow chewing of the mandarin peel will also help.
An unpleasant symptom is recommended to be removed by the method of acupuncture. This method provides a forceful effect on the active areas of the inner side of the wrist - reflex points. You can use a special bracelet, which, putting on the right hand in the wrist, squeeze a little to a similar area on the left hand. You can make the same movements with the fingers of one hand on the opposite hand.
Are there any drugs that are useful in this situation?
How to get rid of nausea from alcohol using chemicals? First of all, cerucal and domperidone are suitable for this purpose. To make the digestion process more intense than to accelerate the excretion of provoking substances, you can use choleretic drugs (for example, allochol).
It makes sense to replenish the diet with zinc and folic acid.
Validol and anesthesin may help some. The positive effects of certain doses of vitamin B6 are also proven.
It should be noted immediately that taking such drugs is not safe for other organs and systems. For example, cerucal should not be used by people suffering from epilepsy, as well as in cases of a threat of perforation of the abdominal wall (ulcerative lesions of the stomach).
In this case, the use of sorbents (activated carbon, white coal, enterosgel and others) will be useful. They will help to precipitate and quickly eliminate components that are aggressive in this situation.
Given that the liver is the first to be hit by alcohol, it should also help.
For this, doctors recommend taking Heptral or Essential. The dosage will be determined by the doctor.
What can not be done with post-alcohol nausea?
Some people resort to such a method as drinking beer and other low-alcohol drinks. At first, this may help, but not for long.
Harm in this situation will bring:
- strong tea,
- painkillers tablets
- caffeinated products.
The described methods may be more or less effective, but cannot replace the sense of common sense when drinking alcohol. Everyone must determine for themselves a safe dose and frequency of its administration.
Where treatment should not be started
Nausea due to the use of beer, wine or vodka develops as a result of poisoning the body with acetaldehyde. This intermediate product of the metabolism of ethyl alcohol is an extremely toxic compound for such organs:
- kidney, bladder,
- gastrointestinal tract.
Even if acetaldehyde acted on only one vital system, nausea would inevitably occur. A complex effect also leads to vomiting with bile or blood. In paid clinics, specialists offer services to alleviate the state of a hangover at home. After making a certain payment, the patient will be washed his stomach, put droppers with solutions for intravenous administration. This is especially true for people who prefer to get rid of nausea in a cardinal way - another portion of ethyl alcohol. Such "therapy" will not only increase the soon returning nausea, but also provide a person with binge, coupled with chronic alcoholism. If you treat nausea with a beer or a glass of vodka, you can miss the moment when there is a strong craving for alcohol.
People suffering from severe nausea have only one desire - to take a pill that eliminates the unpleasant intoxication symptom quickly and effectively. Such pharmacological preparations exist:
- its structural analogue is Tserukal.
But narcologists do not recommend their use in a state of hangover. Nausea and vomiting are protective reactions by which the body tries to get rid of acetaldehyde and other harmful compounds. Having taken the drug, a person prevents their elimination, and this can cause unpleasant and undesirable consequences.
Fermented milk products help nausea after alcohol
Get Rid of Hangover Signs
How to get rid of nausea after alcohol or relieve symptoms of intoxication will help simple folk tips and modern drugs.
Council number 1. The first thing to do is to remove from the body the remnants of alcohol that have not yet gone through the decay process in the body. This will help prevent a worse condition and mobilize strength faster. To do this, they drink half a liter or a liter of warm water and cause a gag reflex with the help of fingers or a spoon, pressing on the back of the tongue. You can also use a weak soda solution - a spoonful of soda is added to a liter of water and all the same manipulations are repeated.
Council number 2. Since the body loses a huge amount of liquid during a hangover, and with it other vital substances, it is necessary to restore the water and acid-base balance. This is done with any mineral water that should be drunk throughout the day. The volume of mineral water drunk per day should not be less than 2 liters.
Council number 3. Medicines can act as additional measures to relieve nausea and symptoms of a hangover. One of the most effective is activated carbon. One tablet is taken per 10 kg of body weight. The drug helps the liver to cope with the cleansing of the body and eliminates the feeling of nausea after a while. In addition to activated carbon, you can also take the following drugs: Enterosgel, Smecta, Neosmectin and others.
Tip number 4. After a fun feast, you should not overload the body with heavy products. Also, you can’t refuse to eat at all. After you have carried out the procedures to get rid of the residual alcohol, you have taken sorbents, you can eat not very fat chicken broth, or potato-chicken soup, soft-boiled eggs, jelly. If the stomach is difficult to cope even with light foods, and nausea rolls even more, you should take "Motilium" or any other analogue. Sour-milk products can also come to the aid of the gastrointestinal tract: kefir, ayran, tan and others.
Tip number 5. It should not be limited to the intake of mineral water. The more fluid you drink, the faster nausea and other signs of intoxication will go. For this, any sweet fruit drinks and juices are suitable. It is also recommended to use very sweet tea with lemon or ginger. You can make a honey-lemon drink. To do this, add a teaspoon of honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a quantity of one or two teaspoons to a glass of hot water. If you have no problems with the gastrointestinal tract, you can drink a glass of milk or tomato juice with salt.
Tip number 6. As already mentioned, the body loses with the liquid all the necessary useful substances, so the vitamin balance should also be restored. This is especially true for vitamins of groups B and C. They are taken either in the form of medications or in the form of fruits. For example, oranges can not only enrich the body with vitamins, but also relieve the feeling of nausea.
Tip number 7. With a mild hangover, Alkozeltser and its analogues can help. Before the feast begins, in order to prevent the morning consequences, you can take "Antipohmelin", "Zorex" and other similar drugs.
Council number 8. A proven folk method is cucumber or tomato pickle, which can quickly relieve unpleasant symptoms. Also, natural bread kvass, sauerkraut can help in eliminating it. Raw eggs and salt can also help in relieving the unpleasant symptoms of nausea.
Tip number 9. To improve the general condition and complete recovery, a contrast shower, massage and prolonged sleep in an aired room are necessary.
What you should not do with a hangover
Treatment of a hangover syndrome with the same remedy that caused intoxication in the body, at least not prudently. Taking a new dose of alcohol can bring relief only for a short period of time, then all the symptoms return again and are even more pronounced.
Smokers should abstain from tobacco all day. Nicotine contributes to greater intoxication of the body, thereby an attack of nausea will manifest itself with a vengeance.
Coffee lovers should not take this drink during a hangover, as it can provoke a feeling of nausea.
How to prevent a hangover
Simple and easy-to-follow tips can help to avoid a hangover and feelings of haunting nausea.
- The first thing to learn is not to drink on an empty stomach under any circumstances. Alcohol drunk on an empty stomach quickly absorbs blood and its concentration doubles, so in this case a hangover and nausea can not be avoided even with small doses of drunk. In addition, alcohol taken on an empty stomach can cause gastritis or, worst of all, an ulcer.
- Do not think that having a snack before taking high-degree drinks, you can then not eat food. Such alcohol as vodka, cognac, whiskey, etc. requires snacks after every glass drunk.
- The myths that alcohol can not be washed down are not justified. Therefore, alcohol is still worth drinking, but not carbonated drinks!
- Juice, fruit drink or compote can reduce the concentration of hard liquors in the blood, thereby eliminating severe intoxication.
- One of the people's councils says that before the feast, 3 hours before the start, you should drink 50 grams of vodka. It is claimed that this method can help the body fight intoxication and intoxication.
- Before you start drinking alcohol, you should drink activated carbon tablets at the rate of 1 per 10 kg of body weight.
- A good way to prevent the symptoms of a hangover is also a bee bread, otherwise it is called as a bee bread. This natural product is a storehouse of vitamins.A tablespoon of bee bread can eliminate the symptoms of a hangover, or alleviate them.
- And the last thing, so that the next morning you do not have a hangover and do not torment you with a feeling of nausea, try not to interfere with low alcohol drinks with strong drinks.
Nausea as a symptom of a hangover
With a hangover syndrome you have to face a few hours after drinking. Severity depends on the quantity and quality of the drink. And you have to think not only about how to get rid of nausea from a hangover, but also how to remove other no less unpleasant symptoms. After all, a person experiences the urge to vomit, because the body must remove the substances that poison it: fusel oils, as well as acetic aldehyde, zinc and other additives to soften the taste.
There are three stages of alcohol dependence:
- The first is formed for a long time. Regular use causes emotional distress. With a hangover, a person becomes irritable, depressed, angry. Really cope at home.
- Emotions are brighter, sharper. The patient becomes irritable, drives away evil at home, feels bad. There is a desire to smash everything. Health problems are detected: autonomic disorders, liver pain. To calm the symptoms, you should consult a doctor.
- The third stage is a difficult situation arising from an increased concentration of alcohol. Alcoholic dope is a common condition in alcoholism. A person for intoxication should drink a small amount of alcohol. The stage is characterized by sharp mood swings. The fit of rage quickly turns into a sentimental state, then into apathy, turning into a riot. Treatment is almost impossible.
Nausea, hangover vomiting - causes
Excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages is unpleasant. The body simply does not have time to break down substances that enter the stomach. The untreated substance - acetaldehyde, is harmful to humans - it makes you sick from a hangover. Acetaldehyde is a powerful poison for living creatures. Vomiting is a natural defensive reaction of the body.
American studies have shown the causes of headaches after drinking:
- The death of nerve cells in the brain.
- Swelling of the vessels of the brain.
- Sleep disturbance.
Clearing the body of toxic effects will help get rid of nausea and pain.
Frequent hangover syndromes develop into a habit - a person in a precarious position. You will have to tie alcohol up, otherwise the condition will develop into a stroke, heart attack, and hemorrhage in the brain.
Ethanol intoxication, a hangover syndrome are dangerous to health. The body is at risk of developing gastric bleeding, problems with the cardiovascular system. With the running version, the death of the addict occurs. Treatment is the only solution to the problem.
Signs of a dangerous hangover include hallucinations, cramps, tremors of the extremities, headache, delirium tremens.
How to avoid the effects of alcohol
To avoid the negative, unpleasant consequences of alcohol, you need to worry in advance. The action plan consists of three points. The first includes actions before the party, the second - directly the booze, the third paragraph decides the consequences after the feast.
Alcohol must be taken correctly. Activated charcoal should be taken before the alcohol party. Coal intake will help to get rid of toxins in the natural course. A prerequisite is food. After eating tightly, a person is protected from rapid intoxication. Do not get drunk for a long time, a previously drunk spoon of vegetable oil will help get rid of vomiting. Oil inhibits the absorption of alcohol by the mucous membranes of the food system. A glass of milk before alcohol kills toxins in the body.
You can prevent a hangover during a feast. Refuse to mix drinks: separate vodka from champagne, do not drink vodka after beer, do not drink beer after wine, drink cocktails separately from beer, wine. Any mixing of alcoholic beverages is negatively reflected in the morning after hard drinking. From abuse of vodka, the hangover is the most severe. When drinking alcohol, do not forget about the value of the quantity.
After drinking in the morning, quickly “reanimate” the water balance. Absorb plenty of fluids - water, sweet tea with lemon, brine, mineral water. Be sure to eat hearty.
Keep in mind: drunk girls have stronger consequences when drunk than men. The female body is weaker, it is worth monitoring the amount of alcohol consumed.
The best remedy for alcohol poisoning is to stop drinking. Do not drink at all - a good way to get rid of symptoms after drinking alcohol. There are many popular ways to get rid of feelings of depression after a fun party.
In case of alcohol poisoning, the primary rule is water. The state of health depends on the amount of water drunk in the morning, during a party. The ideal option is mineral water with lemon and lemon juice.
After the party you will be at home - get enough sleep, then replenish the body with lost vitamins. Potassium contained in citrus fruits and bananas is excreted with alcohol. Freshly squeezed citrus juice will help overcome unpleasant symptoms.
A good old way for nausea - pickle cucumber, tomato, sauerkraut juice.
Ginger tea copes with nausea. Preparation: pour a few centimeters of ginger with half a liter of water. After ten minutes of cooking, pour in the juice of an orange, half a lemon, add honey to taste.
The next drink is tea with thyme. Take thyme (thyme) - a couple of branches, pour boiling water. Insist 5 minutes, drink a little.
If nausea does not stop, drink meat broth (chicken stock). A glass of drunk broth facilitates the condition at times.
Oatmeal - the product is rich in vitamins, minerals, important to the body. It is recommended to combine porridge with a boiled egg. Eggs are rich in cysteine - an assistant in the fight against acetaldehyde.
In the morning after alcohol, you should drink activated charcoal or another absorbing drug. It will help to quickly remove toxins from the body. With severe vomiting, antiemetics are used. Minus - it is forbidden to drink water, liquids for two hours. Otherwise, the medicine will come out with vomiting. The feeling of dry mouth in a person is removed by rinsing the oral cavity. At the end of time, drink the desired amount of mineral water.
Headache for an adult relieves aspirin, ascofen. More commonly used for a hangover are Alcozeltzer tablets. Aspirin, citric acid, which are part of the medicine, help remove the causes of pain.
Antipohmelin - the second remedy for a hangover. Feature of Antipohmelin: taking tablets is possible with alcohol. It acts in the early stages of intoxication. After a hangover from the drug, headache, nausea are absent or are present in a minor form. Minus of the drug - the one who takes it remains a long time drunk.
If the symptoms do not go away while taking the medicine, there are signs of severe poisoning, do not self-medicate, consult a doctor. Rather, severe intoxication occurred.
The right treatment
First of all, you should evaluate your condition.
If the alcohol consumed was not of high quality (it was produced in a cunning way or purchased at a dubious outlet), then this is fraught with serious health complications. In this case, nausea attacks end with vomiting, in which there are drops of fresh blood or dark blood clots. A sharp increase in temperature, diarrhea and blurred consciousness are a signal for calling the ambulance team. Significant amounts of fusel oils and, possibly, methanol were present in alcoholic beverages. When a person suffers only from severe nausea after drinking and a headache, then treatment begins with the help of pharmacological preparations.
Pharmacies offer a wide range of medicines that can help quickly eliminate nausea from drinking ethyl alcohol. They are available in the form of tablets, soluble in water, or capsules for oral administration. Due to the multicomponent composition, drugs relieve a person of all the painful symptoms of alcohol intoxication. The greatest effectiveness is noted when using such drugs:
- Antipohmelin. The content of a large amount of succinic acid in this biologically active additive provides an increase in the working capacity of the whole organism, including the gastrointestinal tract. The composition of the tablets includes ascorbic acid and organic compounds that bind and remove the harmful products of the metabolism of ethyl alcohol.
- Alkozeltser. The drug is made in the form of tablets for the preparation of an effervescent solution. Sodium bicarbonate soothes the inflamed mucous membrane of the stomach, thereby reducing the severity of nausea. Aspirin has a powerful analgesic effect.
- Zorex. Capsules and effervescent tablets with unitol and calcium pantothenate bind toxic acetaldehyde, thereby eliminating the cause of nausea. With this medication, detoxification therapy at home can be successfully carried out.
It is quite easy to remove excruciating nausea by using complex preparations, but you must familiarize yourself with the attached annotation before taking it. Some people increase dosages, hoping to get rid of the symptoms of alcohol poisoning faster. This will increase the load on all vital systems that have been affected by ethyl alcohol.
The toxic products of ethanol metabolism constantly circulating in the bloodstream provoke nausea. You can get rid of the negative symptom of intoxication by cleansing the stomach. To do this, prepare 2-3 liters of a slightly pink solution of potassium permanganate. To use such a dilution is necessary in portions, each time causing vomiting. After the liquid begins to leave the stomach without the admixture of food debris, nausea will also disappear.
Enterosorbents will help to consolidate the result of gastric lavage. Medicines bind toxins and toxins, and then remove them from the body with urine and feces. These drugs include:
- Activated carbon,
Medicines have no contraindications and side effects and are not adsorbed by the walls of the gastrointestinal tract. After drinking alcohol, a person often suffers from a combination of signs of increased gas formation. Enterosorbents eliminate nausea, heartburn, belching and diarrhea. You can remove all the symptoms of alcohol poisoning with Dufalac, a mild laxative and cleansing drug.
Strong sweet tea is an excellent remedy for eliminating painful nausea during a hangover.
The state of dehydration is characteristic after violent parties and friendly feasts. Taking alcoholic beverages provokes frequent emptying of the bladder. Together with urine, mineral compounds are secreted from the body for the proper functioning of all vital systems. The digestive organs are disturbed, peristalsis is upset, a person suffers from severe nausea.
To restore the water-salt balance and normalize metabolic processes, it is necessary to take solutions of such drugs:
When beer, wine, and vodka are abused, nausea is often accompanied by diarrhea, which causes even more severe dehydration and a significant deterioration in the human condition. Preparations for rehydration therapy contain a complex of microelements with dextrose or glucose that help replenish energy reserves.
Sedative and nootropic drugs
Nausea is not only physiological, but also neurological in origin. Despite the mass of discomfort, emotional instability occurs in a state of severe hangover. The person is annoyed, he has increased nervous excitability and anxiety. The cause of these symptoms was ethanol poisoning of brain cells. The regulation disorder provokes disorders of peristalsis and digestion, which is also expressed in nausea attacks.
The normalization of the nervous system will help taking such pharmacological preparations:
- Nootropics (Mexidol, Pantogam, Picamilon),
- sedatives (Novo-passit, Deprim, Persen)
- St. John's Wort infusions, lemon balm, mint, motherwort.
To restore magnesium reserves, the deficiency of which led to neurological disorders, it is necessary to take a pill of Asparkam or its analogue Panangin, as well as any complex vitamins - Alphabet, Supradin, Vitrum. If a person has low blood pressure, then tincture of lemongrass, pink radiola, echinacea, ginseng and eleutherococcus will help to increase it, and at the same time physical and mental performance.
Treatment with traditional healer recipes
Undoubtedly, one of the most popular folk remedies that help get rid of nausea after alcohol is a pickle from pickled cucumbers or tomatoes. It restores the water-electrolyte balance, as it contains many mineral compounds, and glucose replenishes energy reserves. Narcologists have no objection to this use of delicious pickles, but under one condition - the complete absence of vinegar. The brine should be cooked by fermentation, not pickling vegetables.
The sour taste of citrus will help get rid of nausea after drinking alcohol
Traditional healers have developed a whole range of measures with which you can not only quickly eliminate nausea, but also improve the general condition of the body:
- drink plenty of fluids. You can treat dehydration with infusions of mint, lemon balm, chamomile tea, rosehip broth, table mineral water. Healing drinks will restore the work of the gastrointestinal tract, will have an antispasmodic effect. By normalizing the water-salt balance, we quickly get rid of the negative effects of ethyl alcohol and its decay products,
- eat a tablespoon of honey. A sweet beekeeping product is a real storehouse of biologically active substances. Honey increases mental and physical performance, has a beneficial effect on the mucous membrane of the stomach,
- have breakfast. Appetite after drinking alcohol is completely absent, but to get rid of nausea, you need to eat something. Traditional healers recommend having breakfast with foods that have beneficial properties for an organism suffering from alcohol poisoning: sauerkraut, low-fat soups, rye crackers, jam, fermented baked milk, cottage cheese,
- drink fruit or vegetable juice. The severity of symptoms of alcohol intoxication noticeably decreases after drinking pomegranate, carrot, and orange juice. They normalize peristalsis and digestion, reduce gas formation, and effectively eliminate nausea and vomiting.
Good milk eliminates all the symptoms of alcohol intoxication. If a person is tormented by nausea, then you should drink a glass of low-fat product before eating. Milk envelops the irritated mucous membrane of the stomach, binds and removes toxic decomposition products of ethyl alcohol from the body. If desired, you can replace it with sweet cocoa.
The best way to get rid of nausea and other signs of alcohol poisoning is a good rest. During sleep, all human life systems are gradually restored.Long walks in the fresh air, contrast shower, swimming, general massage also help.
What other symptoms?
In addition to acidosis (impaired acid balance), which actually causes nausea, a hangover can be said:
- a sharp increase in temperature
- feeling of chills
- pain in the abdomen and hypochondrium,
- dry mucous membranes caused by dehydration,
- weakness and apathy
- severe headaches.
Alcohol poisoning of the body causes very serious consequences, therefore, poor-quality alcohol with impurities can cause extremely severe conditions. Confusion, loss of memory, hallucinations, loss of vision, lowering body temperature, increased irritability and aggressiveness, persecution mania indicate the need for medical attention, since dehydration and metabolic disorders could affect the brain and other vital organs.
Home and folk ways
- Nausea and vomiting are the best way to cleanse the body of alcohol. Therefore, you do not need to get rid of the gag reflex, he is the first assistant to a person suffering from a hangover.
- A large amount of water, preferably warm, drunk after waking up, will cause vomiting. With the masses, a large part of the toxins that poison the body will come out. With mild alcohol poisoning this is enough.
- Alcohol flushes out magnesium, removes from the body the fluids necessary for life, so it is very important to restore the water balance, put in order the acidic environment. A large amount of drunk liquid, preferably acidic - salty, will help relieve nausea. We are talking about brine, the favorite "hangover drink", whose properties are by no means exaggerated. Cucumber, cabbage, beetroot pickles are rich in vitamins, they will help make up for the shortage of many trace elements, ease the condition.
- Mineral water, juices and fruit drinks, dairy products will also have a beneficial effect on the body, help relieve nausea, cramps, causing headaches and abdominal pains.
- With a hangover, it is rarely possible to eat something, but a drunk raw egg will bind toxins and relieve nausea, a cup of hot chicken stock will help to cope with it.
- Water treatments are a widely accepted way to deal with a hangover. A hot bath or, even better - a bath and a sauna make it possible to sweat, that is, remove poisons from the body through the skin. This method works in case of a light hangover in healthy people, in the bath you need to take a sufficient amount of non-carbonated mineral water (alkaline) or brine so that additional loss of fluid does not cause seizures.
- A contrast shower will help restore pressure, increase skin and muscle tone, and stimulate the functioning of blood vessels. You need to start with hot water, after 15 - 20 seconds, change it to cold for the same time, then again to hot. Shower duration - 10 minutes. In no case should you use this method with a sick heart or high blood pressure.
- Complete emptying of the stomach will help get rid of nausea. If it did not work out with water, you can try a method that was popular with archers. The stormy drinking the next day turned into the strongest symptoms of a hangover, and life depended on the ability to bring oneself back to life, so that they always had sauerkraut, pickles and pickle, beets, carrots and fresh cabbage at their ready. It is necessary to mix 2 parts of sauerkraut and 1 - fresh cabbage, add grated beets and carrots, pour everything with brine and drink. After that, the stomach required instant emptying, and then the long-awaited sobering up and getting rid of the symptoms of drinking.
- Vampire eye: separate egg white from the yolk, carefully pour the whole yolk into 1 cup of tomato juice. Drink a cocktail without stirring, in one gulp.
The best medicine is peace and sleepso a bucket is often placed next to the sufferer (suddenly vomiting), a jar of brine, honey tea with lemon or Essentuki mineral water, waiting for the body to cope with the poisoning.
With alcohol poisoning, as with any other, it is worth remembering light and wholesome food.
Do not eat and drink:
- fatty, spicy, fried so as not to overload the liver even more,
- lemon and orange juices - they increase the symptoms of poisoning, can cause an allergic reaction in a weakened body, irritation of the mucous membranes,
- cheese is one of the dairy products contraindicated in case of nausea due to fat content, the stomach will not be able to digest it,
- coffee will increase the load on the liver and heart, can cause serious complications, so it is better to refrain from it.
Useful for a hangover:
- oatmeal - the easiest and healthiest breakfast meal, preferably with sugar, to make up for lost glucose,
- tea with lemon and biscuit - vitamins and glucose,
- chicken broth - it will appear to the stomach as nectar after the heaviest load,
- ear - no less useful than broth,
- crackers, preferably salted, are perfect for broth,
- raw fruits will enrich the body with vitamins perfectly, so it’s better to have bananas, apples, kiwi, tangerines on hand the day after the party, if you have to go to work.
If nausea does not go away, and there is no vomiting, you can resort to a proven method of cleansing: an enema. Ordinary warm water will work a miracle, you can forget about nausea.
Ascorbic acid, rivit, ascorutin and other vitamin complexes can be drunk on 5 - 7 dragees or tablets in 1 dose, this will not harm the body, but it will relieve nausea.
What should not be done?
There are many tips for those suffering from nausea after drinking, which are more likely harmful than useful.
- "Kick out" a hangover with physical activity, this can affect the cardiovascular system,
- smoking, it will not get rid of the vile taste in the mouth, but will only aggravate the condition even more,
- ride in public transport - stuffiness, a lot of smells will provoke vomiting and deterioration,
- climb into the water: river, pool, lake - the temperature difference can cause a spasm,
- suppress vomiting - it’s better to remove everything that is possible from the body,
When is a hangover necessary to seek medical help?
Sometimes a hangover turns into extremely serious complications.
- A sharp unbearable headache, pain in the eye sockets that does not go away after vomiting, twofold objects and confusion can speak of a microstroke, which resulted in libations and hypertension.
- Attempts to induce vomiting can result in damage to both small and large blood vessels. Vomiting of blood after alcohol is an occasion to immediately call a doctor, as this can be either an open stomach ulcer, damage to the esophagus, or other equally dangerous internal injuries.
- Doctors should be called for with gushing vomiting, which is difficult to stop, because dehydration can become critical.
How to prevent this condition?
There are many proven ways to protect yourself from a severe hangover.
- Do not drink more than the body can tolerate: after the first hangover, the dosage will become clear, because it means too much.
- If you can’t avoid avoiding the feast, you should eat tightly two to three hours before it, this will slow down the intoxication.
- A piece of butter, a sandwich with cheese and butter, fatty foods also helps to “slow down” the harm from alcohol.
- Some advise you to "train" the body, that is, 2 hours before the main event, take 100 g. vodka or brandy and snack tightly. For the remaining time, the body will prepare “neutralizers” and will be able to alleviate the hangover.
- Do not interfere with alcohol in any way. If you want to try something new, do not lower the degree, that is, you should not drink a cocktail after vodka, it is better - on the contrary. Better yet, drink one sort of wine, or just beer, or vodka.
Useful video for those who suffer from a hangover
Many simply ignore pain after alcohol, which is fraught with many troubles.
Why hangover is sick
Many are familiar with the symptoms of a hangover, but not everyone knows the reason for the occurrence. A similar state provokes ethanol. It is absorbed into the blood, digestive tract walls, and gastric mucosa. Alcohol is oxidized to acids and acetic aldehyde. As a result, vital magnesium, potassium and calcium are eliminated from the body at high speed.
Due to the rapid absorption, the concentration of alcohol in the blood increases rapidly. The organs cease to cope with the load, and the liver cannot properly filter the blood, since enzymes are not produced in sufficient quantities. It turns out that toxins are not eliminated correctly - intoxication develops.
When the dose of alcohol rises, the load on the pancreas increases, the body stops working correctly. If you drink regularly, in medium or large quantities - there are constant disturbances in well-being and health. It ends with gastritis or cirrhosis. Nausea develops under the influence of:
- a strong hangover
- alcohol intolerance,
- poor quality alcohol
- frequent use.
How to quickly stop vomiting
There are several ways to cleanse the body. Their main task is to restore the mucous surface of the stomach:
- An effective way is to provoke vomiting. Dilute 2 tablespoons of salt in 5 liters of water, drink as much as possible, after 10 minutes - a little more. After clicking with your fingers on the root of the tongue. This will cleanse the body, help remove poisons and toxins, while normalizing well-being.
- Drink sorbents that help with severe poisoning. For example, Smecta, Polysorb, Enterosgel, the main thing is to choose the right dose, read the instructions.
- Eat a fruit containing vitamin C: lemon, orange, grapefruit, kiwi. Or take effervescent tablets with vitamin C, dilute in water, drink it. This normalizes well-being, removes nausea, and prevents vomiting.
How to get rid of symptoms
To eliminate nausea and other symptoms of a hangover, follow these guidelines:
- Drink a mineral water, this will normalize the water-salt balance.
- Take a walk on the street, preferably in the park, to speed up metabolic processes and recover faster.
- Water treatments will help restore well-being. Take a contrast shower, brush your teeth, change into fresh clothes.
- When acute nausea receded - have breakfast. Suitable dishes: chicken stock, boiled eggs or vegetable salad with olive or vegetable oil.
These simple recommendations will help get rid of even a strong hangover, cheer up, and get a surge of strength. If you have free time, get a good night's sleep.
What tools and methods will help
A persistent hangover is a sign of progressive alcoholism. The condition, in addition to nausea, is accompanied by migraine, allergies, vomiting, swelling of the hands and feet. To restore health, pay attention to vitamins:
- Vitamin C - a natural antioxidant, removes poisons from the body, is part of multivitamins, aspirin,
- Vitamin E - allows cells to free themselves from toxins, normalizes metabolic processes,
- nicotinic acid - helps calm down emotionally, symptoms irritate less.
Even with alcohol poisoning, medications should be prescribed by a specialist. Otherwise, a rash intake of tablets can further damage digestion and general condition. The following drugs are usually recommended:
- Tserukal. Pills help fight nausea, vomiting, and prevent prolonged diarrhea. The active substance has an antiemetic effect, helps to accelerate the elimination of toxins. 2 mg is the maximum dosage per day. The advantage is high efficiency, but it does not help everyone.
- Neosmectin. Adsorbent, helps fight the effects of poisoning, normalizes digestion, removes nausea. Available in powder form. The contents of one bag diluted in a glass of water, drink.
- Filtrum. Tablets work as a sorbent, collect toxins and remove them from the body, restore the microflora of the digestive system. With nausea, drink 3-4 pieces at a time, act quickly.
Before use, read the instructions, check contraindications, consult a doctor.
In addition to medicines, you can alleviate the condition with the help of traditional medicine recipes. Effective ones include:
- brine or water with lemon juice also help eliminate headaches associated with alcohol,
- bread kvass
- warm milk and a few drops of castor oil,
- a glass of water and 10 drops of ammonia,
What can not be done
Error in the treatment of alcohol intoxication - sober. You should not drink alcohol again, hoping that it will become easier from it. Yes, the condition is normalizing, but the effect will be short-lived, and the consequences will be more serious. This approach provokes the development of alcohol dependence.
It is better not to combine smoking and alcohol, this will increase the load of the liver. Caffeine also enhances the toxic effects of alcohol on the body.
It is believed that physical activity will alleviate the condition. This is not entirely true. Light exercise really improves well-being by activating blood flow, and alcohol is eliminated faster. The main thing is not to overdo it, excessive stress will only worsen the condition.
With a hangover, do not drive. In addition to a bad reaction, driving a car increases nausea.
Food and Drinking
For nausea after alcohol, you should drink as much fluid as possible. In addition to water, drink the following drinks:
- decoction of mint and lemon balm,
- chamomile tea,
- rosehip broth,
- mineral water.
They will help restore the proper functioning of the stomach and intestines, relieve cramps, quickly normalize the water-salt balance, which was disturbed by the influence of alcohol.
In the morning, with a hangover - have a hearty breakfast. Despite the lack of appetite for eliminating nausea, you need to eat, for example, low-fat soup, sauerkraut, rye bread crackers, cottage cheese, fermented baked milk.
Symptoms of poisoning will significantly decrease after pomegranate, orange or carrot juice. They will also help restore peristalsis, reduce flatulence.
Knowing some rules and tricks, you can pre-warn the dire consequences and poor health:
- Vitamin B6 intake. If you drink it in 12 hours, and then again 3-4 hours before drinking alcohol, then the risk of developing a hangover syndrome will decrease significantly. Vitamin enhances the production of enzymes in the liver, so it will be easier for it to withstand the effects of alcohol.
- Enzyme intake: Pancreatin, Mezim-forte, Creon.
- Immediately after drinking, take the sorbent: Polysorb, Enterosgel, Smecta. Then try to empty the intestines so that the toxins associated with the drugs quickly leave the body.
- Take an anti-hangover drug immediately after drinking alcohol, the main thing is not at the same time as the sorbent. This is Bison, Alka-Seltzer. leave an additional dose in the morning when a hangover occurs.
- Dilute lemon juice in water, in a ratio of 1 to 2, gradually drink. This will speed up the metabolism and help to remove poisons faster.
- 2-3 days before drinking alcohol should not eat fatty foods, heavy foods, smoked meats.
Hangover-related nausea indicates severe intoxication. The body tries to free itself of toxins by vomiting.Try to drink in moderation; it is important to take care of your condition in advance and take preventive measures. In this case, the symptoms of poisoning and feeling unwell will be minimal.
Why is sick of alcohol
The symptoms of a hangover are familiar to every adult, but not everyone understands why they arise, what are the characteristics of the physiological process. The main triggering factor is ethanol, which is productively absorbed into the walls of the esophagus, liver, and gastrointestinal tract. In these important organs, the alcohol base is rapidly oxidized to acetic aldehyde and acid. As a result, cell metabolism is disturbed due to the removal of valuable magnesium, potassium and calcium from the body by acetaldehyde.
Due to the rapid absorption of alcohol, its increased concentration in the blood is observed. The liver does not cope with the increased load, does not produce enzymes in the required volume, therefore it is not able to remove toxins. The body exhibits severe symptoms of intoxication, which reduce the quality of life of a clinical patient, which can cause hospitalization.
With an increase in the dose of alcohol, pancreatic dysfunction is observed. If the state of alcohol intoxication is made the norm of everyday life, we are already talking about serious health consequences. For example, drinking can end up with chronic gastritis or provoke cirrhosis of the liver. Nausea after alcohol occurs for the following reasons:
- individual intolerance to alcohol,
- drinking low-quality alcoholic beverages,
- severe hangover
- severe vomiting with bile,
- intoxication of the body.
Sick of beer
Symptoms of a hangover occur not only after intoxication with vodka or wine, beer is another dangerous alcoholic beverage. Fermentation products cause serious problems to the stomach and intestines, disrupt the digestive system. Even activated charcoal does not help normalize general well-being. The main reasons why you feel sick after drinking alcohol are presented below:
- intolerance to a hop drink
- chronic diseases of the digestive system,
- the result of dehydration,
- retention of residual alcohol in the blood,
- beer abuse.
Such an unpleasant symptom appears with severe abdominal pain, so it is urgent to call a doctor at home. An urgent hospitalization of the patient is not excluded in order to remove alcohol and get rid of unpleasant consequences already in a clinical way. Black vomiting after alcohol means that internal organs can be injured due to exposure to toxic substances. This is dangerous, the consequences may be the most unpredictable for life and health. Other reasons why you may feel sick after alcohol are:
- stomach ulcer
- intestinal tumors
- extensive intoxication,
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- pulmonary hemorrhage.
Vomiting the next day
If you feel sick from alcohol in the morning, classic hangover syndromes are manifested. The decay products of ethanol are concentrated in the blood, aggravate the work of the liver, kidneys, pancreas. To avoid a hangover, it is advisable to refuse or dose their intake into the body from drinking alcohol. Hanging with alcohol is not recommended, since in this way you can only worsen your overall health. The reasons why vomiting occurs after alcohol the next day are as follows:
- intolerance to alcohol,
- general intoxication of the body,
- chronic diseases of the digestive tract,
- liver disease
- body reaction to the ingredients of alcoholic beverages.
Vomiting of bile
If the stomach is already empty after vomiting, bile comes out instead of its contents. It is necessary to drink mineral water in order to avoid general intoxication of the body, extremely undesirable dehydration. The appearance of bile indicates that the general condition will soon normalize, and nausea with other unpleasant symptoms will pass soon. Other causes of vomiting with bile are:
- stomach diseases
- cirrhosis of the liver,
- prolonged vomiting.
With severe intoxication, the concentration of acetic acid in the stomach increases, as a result of which the integrity of the mucous membranes is violated, gastritis progresses with a tendency to ulcer. With such a serious symptom, the body seems to report a critical situation, which is more characteristic of a chronic alcoholic, or occurs with severe intoxication. For effective treatment of a hangover, it is necessary to use medical methods. The main causes of vomiting:
- chronic diseases of the liver and digestive tract,
- acute intoxication of the body,
- relapse of the underlying disease of the body.
How to stop vomiting after alcohol
To empty the stomach, it is necessary to perform a cleansing enema at home or in the hospital. However, there are other, more comfortable methods if you feel sick after alcohol. The main goal is to cleanse the stomach of intoxication products, normalize the intestinal microflora, and restore the gastric mucosa. In the fight against severe headaches, analgesics help, otherwise the sequence of actions of the patient is as follows:
- Drink more water, provoke vomiting, thereby removing residual ethanol and other toxic substances from the digestive system.
- Then, in the fight against severe poisoning, it is necessary to take sorbents, for example, Linex, Sorbex or activated carbon.
- It is important not to forget about the benefits of natural products with vitamin C, it also feels better after taking the drug containing acetylsalicylic acid.
- Further treatment of a hangover is symptomatic, proceeds under the supervision of a knowledgeable specialist.
What helps with a hangover and nausea
A sign of alcoholism is the emergence of a persistent hangover syndrome, constantly after alcohol abuse. The condition can be accompanied not only by nausea, but also migraine attacks, allergic reactions, vomiting, signs of dyspepsia and swelling of the limbs. In order to normalize well-being, attention is required to such remedies:
- Vitamin C, being a natural antioxidant, removes toxic substances and toxins from the body. Contained in multivitamin complexes, Aspirin.
- Vitamin E also releases cells from toxins, normalizes cell metabolism. Contained in multivitamin complexes, sea buckthorn, many varieties of nuts.
- Nicotinic acid soothes morally, therefore, if you feel sick after drinking alcohol, the patient does not behave so aggressively with this component.
After alcohol, medications should be prescribed by the attending physician, otherwise systemic digestion and general condition can only be done harm. Here are effective medications:
- Tserukal. Tablets relieve nausea and vomiting, prevent prolonged diarrhea. The active component of metoclopramide hydrochloride monohydrate has antiemetic properties, removes toxins. The maximum daily dose is not more than 20 mg. Pros - high efficiency, cons - does not help everyone.
- Neosmectin. This adsorbent with the active component smectite eliminates the effects of poisoning the body, restores the digestive tract, if you feel sick. The contents of the package must be diluted 1 tbsp. water to drink in one go.
- Filtrum. Tablets with sorbing and restoring the microflora of the stomach properties that are supposed to be taken orally. If you feel sick, you need to take 3-4 pills immediately. Advantages - quick action, disadvantage - contraindications, side effects.
Reliable recipes against the effects of alcohol are always found in every person in reserve. Here are the most affordable and effective among them:
- It is necessary to grind the ginger root, after which 1 tbsp. l raw materials pour 1 tbsp. boiling water. To insist and drink if you are very sick.
- It is required to separate 2 egg whites from the yolk, mix the composition and fasting drink it in one gulp, even if it makes you sick.
- Prepare a broth of wild rose and take it inside instead of tea throughout the day, until it stops nauseous.
How to drink, so as not to feel sick
Vitamin C in a concentrated form and not only is able to productively remove ethanol decay products from the body without delaying them in healthy cells. To quickly stop vomiting, you need to drink the remedy in small sips, slowly, do not overload the stomach. If this medicine has a specific smell, it is better not to smell it at all before taking it - to pinch your nose with your fingers.
The information presented in the article is for guidance only. Materials of the article do not call for independent treatment. Only a qualified doctor can make a diagnosis and give recommendations for treatment based on the individual characteristics of a particular patient.