What is parsley, the benefits and harms to human health, what are the healing properties of parsley, all this is of great interest to those who lead a healthy lifestyle, monitor their health, and are interested in alternative methods of treatment, including using vegetables. So we will try to answer these questions in the following article.
Curly parsley, or curly (Petroselinum crispum), is the most famous species of the genus Parsley (Petroselinum) of the Umbrella family (Apiaceae).
Dried and fresh parsley leaf is a popular culinary seasoning.
Parsley is a herbaceous biennial plant belonging to the umbelliferous family. It grows wild in the Mediterranean. As a garden culture, it is distributed almost everywhere, including in northern regions with severe climatic conditions. In culture, 2 types of parsley are distinguished: leaf and root.
Parsley has twice or thrice dissected pinnate leaves.
Small flowers forming a complex inflorescence-umbrella are painted in yellowish-green or white. The height of the erect stem reaches 1 m. The root is white or grayish, can be branched. The fruit is a two-seeded egg-shaped. It is slightly flattened on the sides and has a greenish-brown color.
Parsley is a garden plant, characterized by a fairly high resistance to low temperatures. This is a cold-resistant crop, the seedlings of which can tolerate a decrease in air temperature to -8 ° C. The roots left for the winter remain during the period of severe frosts.
Flowering occurs in the second year of the plant's life. Flowers form between June and August. Seed ripening begins in August and lasts until October. They retain germination for 3-4 years, germinate at temperatures from 2-3 ° C.
Parsley contains a high content of substances such as carotene and vitamin C. In addition, all parts of the plant are rich in minerals and essential oils, which give it a specific aroma and taste.
Parsley root vegetables are indicated for people suffering from diseases of the genitourinary system, as well as impaired intestinal motility. Infusion and decoction made from parsley seeds have a significant diuretic effect and contribute to improved digestion.
Fresh parsley is often used to heal wounds and with insect bites as a means of stopping the development of the inflammatory process. It is also known for its ability to whiten skin integuments. In this regard, preparations prepared on the basis of parsley leaves are prescribed for removing freckles. The crushed seeds of this garden plant can be used to treat alopecia.
In cooking, parsley is used mainly as a seasoning for the main dish. It is used both fresh and boiled, stewed, dried, fresh-frozen and salted.
This garden plant is able to improve the taste of a variety of dishes - meat, fish, egg, as well as side dishes, soups, sauces, pastries, etc. It is a traditional ingredient in meat and fish semi-finished products and homemade canned food. Seeds, essential oil and root vegetables of parsley are part of popular spicy mixtures.
A sprig of parsley is not only a decoration on a plate. Parsley contains a lot of useful substances. The content of vitamin C in 150 g of its leaves is not less than in the same number of fruits of blackcurrant or orange. 2 tablespoons of parsley containing 9.97 mg of ascorbic acid will provide 16.6% of its daily requirement. Being a powerful antioxidant - the body’s defender against free radicals, vitamin C helps prevent the development and progression of atherosclerosis, diabetes, asthma.Vitamin C is essential for the healthy functioning of the immune system. Its powerful anti-inflammatory properties are manifested not only in the fight against colds, recurrent ear infections, but also in rheumatoid arthritis.
Another important antioxidant that gives the beneficial properties of parsley is beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. The need for vitamin A to strengthen and normal function of the immune system is so great that doctors sometimes call it “anti-infectious vitamin”.
Among other plant foods, parsley stands out with a high content of vitamin K: in 30 g of fresh herbs it contains 123 mcg, or 153.8% of the daily norm. Vitamin K not only ensures normal blood coagulation, but also helps the body to absorb calcium, which is necessary for bone health, so the beneficial properties of parsley in the fight against osteoporosis are undeniable.
Unusual components that make parsley a unique source of health are essential oils (myristicin, limonene, eugenol, alpha thujone) and flavonoids (apiin, apigenin, luteolin, krizoeriol). Apigenin contained in parsley stops the development of cancer cells that cause leukemia. The anticarcinogenic beneficial properties of parsley are known.
Parsley has virtually no contraindications. However, parsley can be harmed by people with kidney and bladder diseases. After all, parsley is a strongly diuretic.
It is believed that parsley can cause some complications during pregnancy, and even a miscarriage can provoke it. Such discussions can be repeatedly seen on the forums. It is difficult to agree with this fact, since no harmful substances have a negative effect on the body of the expectant mother. Most likely, in these cases there is simply poor-quality green stuffed with nitrates and other "chemistry".
It is worth remembering that the harm of parsley can occur when it is not grown properly. It is strictly forbidden to eat greens grown in roadside areas, and thoroughly rinse before adding to soup or salad.
For the manufacture of medicines use all parts of the plant. The intake of beneficial substances in the herbs, seeds and parsley root normalizes the functions of the gastrointestinal tract, removes toxins from the body, has a beneficial effect on sexual function, strengthens the walls of blood vessels and improves the psychoemotional state.
Parsley preparations are used in medical cosmetology.
Parsley is indicated for such diseases:
hypertension, atherosclerosis, stool retention, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, age spots, acne, erectile dysfunction, frigidity, bruises, insect bites.
Treatment of depression and parsley chronic fatigue syndrome:
Take 1 tablespoon of parsley juice 4 times a day for chronic fatigue syndrome. The course of treatment is 28 days.
Mix 50 ml of parsley juice with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of honey. Take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals. At night, take 2 tablespoons of the drug. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Removing pain from bruises and insect bites:
Mix the juice of parsley greens with lemon juice in a ratio of 2: 1. Rub the places of bruises and bites 4 times a day.
2 teaspoons of parsley seeds pour 200 ml of boiling water, leave for 20 minutes, strain. Wipe infusion places bruises and bites 5-7 times a day.
When a wasp or bee stings, attach parsley leaves to the affected area of the skin for 1 hour.
Cardiovascular Disease Prevention:
Grind 50 g of parsley, add 2 teaspoons of crushed walnut kernels and 1 tablespoon of honey. Take 2 tablespoons 3 times a day 1 hour before a meal. The course of prevention is 14 days. Prevention is carried out 3 times a year.
Cut 50 g of parsley root, pour 1 liter of water, add 100 g of prunes, boil over low heat for 15 minutes. Strain the broth and mix with grated parsley root and prunes, add 1 teaspoon of parsley juice and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Take 100 ml 1-2 times a day on an empty stomach. The course of prevention is 28 days. Prevention is carried out 2 times a year.
Recipes from the book by D. Nesterova “We are treated with vegetables. Healers from the beds. "
Mix the juice of parsley greens with the juice of a lovage in a ratio of 2: 1, add 3 beaten yolks of quail eggs. Take 1 tablespoon 4 times a day 1 hour before meals. The course of treatment is 28 days, prevention - 7 days.
Cut 100 g of parsley root, pour 1 liter of water, boil for 15 minutes, strain, mix with 1 tablespoon of parsley juice and 1 teaspoon of lovage juice. Take 50 ml 3 times a day 1 hour before meals, drink 100 ml of the drug at night. The course of treatment is 14 days.
Mix equal parts by volume chopped fresh herbs of parsley and coriander. Use with food for 1 tbsp. spoon constantly with impotence (sexual weakness).
Infusion of parsley roots - an effective tool in the treatment of prostatitis: 1 tbsp. spoon of crushed root pour half a cup of boiling water, insist, wrapped (or in a thermos), 10 hours, strain. Drink 1 tbsp. spoon 4 times a day 30 minutes before meals.
With a delay of menstruation:
- 2 tbsp. tablespoons of chopped parsley leaves pour 0.5 liters of water and cook in a sealed container over low heat for 10 minutes, cool, strain, add lemon juice and honey to taste. Drink during the day instead of water with amenorrhea (lack of menstruation).
- Pour 2 g of parsley seeds and 1 g of dry chopped ruta grass with 1.5 cups of boiling water, insist in a sealed container in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool at room temperature for 45 minutes, strain. To take to regulate menstruation, with urolithiasis, dropsy, as an antipyretic agent, 1-2 tbsp. tablespoons 3-4 times a day 15 minutes before meals.
We treat cystitis:
- Mix in parts by weight the seeds of parsley - 2, the roots of the lovage - 2, the leaves of birch - 5, the fruits of juniper ordinary - 5.
1 tbsp. pour a spoonful of crushed mixture with 1 cup of cold water, insist 6 hours, then bring to a boil, cook in a sealed container over low heat for 15 minutes, strain. Take with cystitis with an alkaline reaction of urine 1/4 cup 4 times a day before meals.
- Mix in parts by weight parsley seeds - 2, bearberry leaves - 3.
1 tbsp. pour a spoonful of crushed mixture with 1 cup of cold water, insist 6 hours, then bring to a boil, cook in a sealed container over low heat for 7-10 minutes, strain. Drink in small sips throughout the day. Normalizes the alkaline reaction of urine with cystitis.
- Mix in parts by weight parsley seeds - 1, celandine grass - 1, bearberry leaves - 2.
1 tbsp. pour a spoonful of crushed mixture with 1 cup of cold water, insist 6 hours, then bring to a boil, cook in a sealed container over low heat for 7-10 minutes, strain. Drink in small sips throughout the day. Normalizes the alkaline reaction of urine with cystitis.
Recipes from the book of Nikolai Danikov "Healing spices for health."
Parsley goes well with a very large variety of dishes. The only exceptions are sweet dishes.
In its fresh form, it is added to salads, to vegetable, fish and meat dishes, sauces, and also used as an independent snack. It is also suitable for dishes of game, eggs and cereals.
This spice can be used in offal dishes to give the latter a pleasant aroma.
Since the taste of parsley is enhanced by heat treatment, it is used fresh and dried everywhere in broths, cabbage soup, borscht, soups, goulash.
The root is consumed raw or dried in the first dishes, gravy and sauces.
Seeds (whole or crushed) together with greens are used in the home preservation of vegetables (tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, squash, sweet bell peppers, eggplant, etc.). Garden parsley is also excellent for decorating a variety of dishes. Dried parsley is often part of various dry spicy mixtures, which are used in the food industry for the preparation of soup concentrates.
It is widely used in canning in the manufacture of canned meat, fish and vegetables, ketchups, sauces, etc. The rate of use of parsley depends on tradition and taste. On average, fresh herbs are added at a rate of 3-5 g per serving. Dried leaves as a spice are laid in all dishes at 0.3 - 0.5 g per serving.
Parsley is often put in prepared dishes before serving. The root of the plant is introduced at the beginning of the preparation of the dish.
Use in diet for weight loss:
It is noteworthy that parsley can be eaten in any form. It can be added in large quantities not only to salads, but also to snacks and first courses. Parsley contains a minimal number of calories and stimulates fat metabolism in tissues. Due to its properties, modern nutritionists consider parsley not only as a delicious seasoning for dishes, but also as a drug for weight loss.
From parsley prepare decoctions, tinctures and tea for weight loss. But you should not rely only on parsley. For weight loss, you must adhere to an integrated approach. This complex includes a balanced diet, physical activity, healthy lifestyle. Parsley will not give the desired result if, taking it, continue to eat incorrectly and lead a sedentary lifestyle.
Biological Description and Distribution
The plant belongs to the family "Umbrella". Has a biennial or annual erect stem, as well as whitish or yellow-green petals with a reddish tinge. It blooms in the second year of its life. It prefers moist soils and tolerates frosts up to 27 ° С.
Wild parsley grows in the Mediterranean. This greens is actively cultivated in almost all of continental Europe, as well as in southern Canada and the northern United States. In Russia, it is grown in the European part, as well as in the south of the Far East and Siberia.
Eating parsley curly (curly). Its stems and leaves are used for culinary purposes and appreciated for its pungent taste and spicy aroma.
1. With flatulence, dyspepsia and to normalize digestion.
Pour cold water (500 ml) crushed plant seeds (3 tsp). Infusion take 15 ml 4 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
2. For a speedy recovery from scarlet fever and measles.
Dry and carefully chopped parsley roots (15 g) pour boiling water (250 ml). Strain the infusion, seal in a glass container and leave to infuse for 8 hours. Take about 15 ml of the drug 4 times a day for 30 minutes before eating.
3. With an insect bite.
Thoroughly tear a fresh leaf of greens and apply on damaged skin. Change the compress repeatedly throughout the day.
4. With bruises, insect bites, abscesses.
Chopped parsley (15 g) pour hot water (250 ml), boil for 40 minutes, then strain and bring to the previous volume.
5. With urethritis, cystitis, flatulence, urolithiasis, edema:
- thoroughly crushed green seeds (15 g) pour cold water (1 l) and insist for about a day (take 45 ml every 2 hours),
- wash the parsley (800 g), chop and completely fill with milk, put the container with the mixture on a gentle fire and wait until the milk has melted (take the product in strained form for 15 ml every hour).
6. For edema and spasms:
- crushed green seeds (1/2 tsp) pour boiling water (250 ml) and leave to infuse (take the composition a little all day),
- chopped plant root (20 g) pour boiling water (2/4 cups) and leave to infuse for 15 minutes (use the broth gradually for 2 days).
7. In chronic coronary insufficiency, as well as decompensated heart defects .
Pour dry or fresh herbs (20 g) with boiling water (50 ml), insist in a thermos for about 12 hours, then strain the product and pour linden honey (5 ml) into it. Take the infusion 4 times a day, 15 ml for 30 minutes before meals.
8. With cardiac edema.
Pour the crushed plant root (15 g) with water (250 ml), then boil for 10 minutes. Strain and drink the infusion about 100 ml a couple of times a day. Such a decoction can not be used with jade.
9. For gastritis with high acidity, colic and flatulence.
Pour parsley (30 g) with boiling water (100 ml) and insist, wrapping a blanket or in a thermos for about 5 hours. Then strain the product and take 4 times a day for 15-30 ml for 30 minutes before meals.
10. With prostatitis, prostate adenoma:
- mix parsley juice with honey in a 1: 1 ratio (take the drug 30 ml 3 times a day for at least 6 months),
- drink juice of roots and parsley 15 ml 3 times a day for about 3 weeks, after which take a short break for 10 days, repeat the course,
- chopped greenish hazel bark (15 g) and 2-3 chopped parsley root pour boiling water (250 ml), then strain the product, cool and gradually drink for a day.
11. For anemia:
- pour the plant root with the stem with water (250 ml), boil the solution for 5 minutes, then remove from the burner and insist for about 4 hours (take the broth for about a month, but not more than 200 ml per day),
- connect parsley root with about 100 ml of May honey (use the product 30 ml 3-4 times a day for about 1-2 months, take a break for a week and repeat the course).
12. With rheumatoid arthritis.
Parsley root (25 g) is combined with the same amount of saggy birch, dioecious nettle leaves, tricolor violet grass. Grind all components, pour boiling water (250 ml). Take an infusion of 100 ml. 4 times a day.
14. Diuretic, choleretic and carminative drink.
Pounded parsley seeds (5 g) are poured with purified or boiled water (250 ml), the product is infused for 8 hours, then strain and cool. Take the drink 100 ml 3 times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
15. In case of kidney stone disease:
Chopped plant roots (30 ml) pour boiling water (500 ml), insist on about 5 hours, strain. Drink a drink of 30 ml 4 times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
16. With jade.
For 1 part of parsley fruits, birch buds, elecampane roots and a cornflower of flowers to connect with 4 parts of the leaf shift and 2 parts of bearberry leaves. Pour the components with boiling water (250 ml). Put the product on the stove and boil for 10 minutes, then strain. Take 100 ml of broth 3 times a day for 20 minutes before meals.
17. With deforming osteoarthrosis.
Parsley root (25 g) to connect with dill fruits (25 g), bark of alder buckthorn (30 g). Grind the components, then pour 20 g of the composition with boiling water (500 ml). Take approximately 500 ml of the drug in the morning on an empty stomach.
18. With gallstone disease, kidney stones.
Grind parsley root, wormwood herb, buckthorn bark, madder root dye, immortelle flowers, dandelion root so that 30 g of the mixture are obtained, then pour it with boiling water (250 ml) and leave for about an hour. The tool is filtered, taken in the morning and in the evening, 250 ml.
19. For diseases of the urinary tract and kidneys (without exacerbation):
- Combine 6 parts of parsley root with 2 parts of dill and licorice. Pour 30 g of the mixture with non-hot water (250 ml), insist for about 6 hours, then put on the ring and boil for 15 minutes (use 50 ml of filtered broth 4 times a day),
- add chopped root and parsley greens (250 g) with boiling water (500 ml), insist in a thermos for 8 hours, then strain, pour in the lemon juice (drink infusion 3 times a day for 2 days, take a break of 3 days and repeat the treatment).
20. With baldness.
Rub parsley juice daily into the scalp overnight.
21. From dandruff.
Pour greens (20 g) with any vodka (200 ml). Means to insist about 2 weeks, then strain. Apply the composition to the scalp every day 3.
22. For hair growth and strengthening.
1 part of parsley fruits pour 5 parts of castor oil. Keep the product in a water bath for about 30 minutes, drain. Lubricate the scalp every other day.
23. With emphysema.
Parsley fruits (10 g) mix with the leaves of bearberry (40 g), grass of large celandine (10 g). Pour about 10 g of the mixture with boiling water (250 ml). Take the drug 100 ml once 8 times a day before meals.
Parsley in cosmetology: folk recipes
Means prepared on the basis of the plant, perfectly remove puffiness, tighten and refresh the skin.
1. Broth against blackheads.
Pour greens (50 g) with water (500 ml) and boil for 15 minutes, strain. Wipe the skin with a coolant 3 times a day.
2. Refreshing infusion for the face.
Chopped parsley leaves (30 g) pour boiling water (250 ml), leave for 20 minutes, then strain. Use the product every morning for washing.
3. Ice cubes for wrinkles.
Pour greens (50 g) with water (500 ml) and boil for 15 minutes, strain the ready-made broth, cool, pour in ice molds and put in the freezer. Wipe the face with ice cubes.
4. Whitening mask.
Combine chopped parsley (30 g) with honey and a few drops of lemon juice. The mixture should hold well on the face. Apply the mask to the skin for 15 minutes, then rinse.
Interesting facts about parsley
1. In ancient Greece, a plant because of its unpretentiousness was called "growing on a stone."
2. 100 g of parsley has 4 times more ascorbic acid than in the same amount of lemon.
3. Marie de Medici (Queen of France) used this greens to improve her mood and fight fatigue.
4. If you chew fresh parsley, then you can get rid of bad breath.
5. The plant is cultivated on warships to add variety to the crew menu.
6. In 30 g of parsley there is only 3 kcal and 153% of the daily intake of vitamin K.
7. After heat treatment, the taste and aroma of greens only intensify.
Parsley is a tasty and fragrant plant that has a lot of amazing properties and is widely used in cooking, traditional medicine, and cosmetology. However, this greens should be consumed in moderation and only in the absence of contraindications.
What is this plant?
Parsley is present in almost every refrigerator
The use of parsley is usually limited to decorating soups and salads. It is added to many dishes in small quantities, without thinking about the nutritional properties of this plant.
In fact, parsley contains a huge amount of nutritious and healing components. This plant can be used to treat and prevent many diseases.
The two most famous types of plants are curly parsley and Italian leaf parsley. The Italian variety is known for its pleasant aroma and less bitter taste. Parsley belongs to the umbrella family, its Latin name is Petroselinum crispum.
Historically, parsley is associated with the Mediterranean region of southern Europe. Although this plant was cultivated more than 2000 years ago, the main healing properties of parsley became known not so long ago.
The ancient Greeks considered parsley sacred and used it to decorate tombs. The practice of using parsley as a side dish has a long history, the beginning of which can be traced back to the civilization of the ancient Romans.
Parsley selection and storage
Parsley has a strong aroma
Like other herbs, parsley is recommended to be consumed fresh, since dried parsley is devoid of many beneficial properties.
When choosing parsley in a store, you should avoid bunches with withered yellow leaves, as this indicates improper storage of the plant.
Fresh parsley must be stored in the refrigerator in a plastic bag. If the plant begins to fade, you can slightly moisten it in water. In the refrigerator, parsley will remain fresh for a week. Long-term storage inevitably spoils the plant.
Leaf parsley can be dried before storage in the refrigerator. For this, the plant can be laid out on a clean cloth and left for a day in a dry room. After drying, parsley should be stored in a tightly closed container in a cool, dark and dry place.
Leaf parsley is more resistant to storage conditions, so it is not necessary to place it in the refrigerator.
Healing properties of the plant
Parsley - a storehouse of vitamins
All types of parsley have similar healing properties. This plant is used to relieve symptoms and treat many diseases.
The role of this herb in the prevention of pathologies of various organs is also great. The main healing properties:
- General health promotion. Volatile oils contained in parsley leaves counteract the development of tumors. Myristicin, which protects cells and tissues from many pathogenic factors, is most active. In addition, this substance can neutralize certain types of carcinogens.
- A rich source of antioxidants. The body needs antioxidants to protect cells from the harmful effects of oxidative factors. Parsley leaves contain various types of flavonoids, known for their protective properties.
- Parsley is a rich source of vitamins. The plant contains a large amount of ascorbic acid, vitamin A and beta-carotene. Ascorbic acid also protects organs and tissues from the harmful effects of oxidizing agents and other pathogenic factors. In addition, this vitamin is important for the prevention of atherosclerosis and improve immune functions. Vitamin A improves the function of the visual apparatus. Beta-carotene reduces the risk of developing diabetes, colon cancer, and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Good for the heart. Parsley is a source of folic acid, one of the most important vitamins of group B. Although folic acid performs different functions in the body, its main role is associated with the activity of the cardiovascular system. Using folic acid, cells convert homocysteine into a benign molecule. Homocysteine is a potentially dangerous substance that can damage the walls of blood vessels and increase the risk of atherosclerosis, stroke and diabetes. Thus, parsley is an excellent tool for the prevention of cardiovascular pathologies.
- The fight against inflammation. Parsley helps fight the inflammatory processes associated with arthritis. The substances contained in the plant relieve pain and reduce swelling in the lower extremities. Parsley contains a beneficial plant extract (eugenol), which has proven effectiveness in the prevention and treatment of various types of arthritis.
- Benefits for the liver. Apigenin and myristicin in parsley increase the productivity of liver enzymes and help the body get rid of toxic and poisonous substances that enter the body through food.
- The fight against infectious diseases of the urinary tract. It has been proven that some components of parsley exhibit antimicrobial properties that can fight bacterial infections of the bladder and urethra.
For treatment purposes, parsley can be consumed both fresh and in the form of tincture or decoction.
Parsley: benefits and harms
Just as any medicine does not work without side effects, parsley can do some harm to the body. Possible harmful effects of the plant:
- Headaches. Eating parsley in large quantities can cause headaches and dizziness. The negative effect usually lasts for several hours. To get rid of this side effect, you should reduce the amount of parsley in the diet.
- Damage to the kidneys. In rare cases, parsley shows nephrotoxicity. Some researchers believe that parsley components can damage the tubules of the nephrons. Nevertheless, the risk of a negative effect on the kidneys is more related to people with chronic diseases of the excretory organs.
- The development of seizures. Excessive consumption of parsley can cause seizures in patients with disorders of the nervous system. This is a rarely detected side effect of the plant. Some essential oils can affect the nervous system. In this regard, it is forbidden to eat parsley fruits, since they have a high concentration of these components.
Moderate consumption of parsley will help to avoid most of the harmful effects.
Doctor's recommendations about parsley - in the video:
Have you noticed a mistake? Select it and press Ctrl + Enterto let us know.
Parsley - useful properties and vitamins
Parsley refers to plants of the umbrella type, a vegetable family. Perennial plant in the description of the biological journal is often referred to as umbelliferous plants. They are very useful in folk medicine, often used in cooking, if the varieties are not related to wild fruits. Parsley can occur in the form of dried leaves. Often this type is used for seasoning, so that it is convenient to store it for several months.
Dried and fresh leaves and roots are used to create a spicy floral aroma, as well as in the canning industry. The fruits of the plant allow you to extract essential oil from it, which can envelop the product without requiring additional use of harmful additives. This is the main advantage of using parsley. With regard to medicine, earlier in the XVII century parsley was a source of medicines:
- It was used to reduce inflammatory processes.
- She helped relieve fever and chills.
- She was often given as a diuretic.
- She helped to heal wounds.
- Children were given to strengthen the gums and teeth, vision and immunity.
Adults often used parsley as a medicine for the kidneys and liver, with neuralgia and malaria. And in the XIX century it was already proved that the seeds provide a special extract for the treatment of dysmenorrhea. Doctors then developed different application concepts, and it was at that moment that a drug officially registered was opened in Europe. Later it began to be applied in our time.
However, some parts of the parsley can not be used in cooking and medicine. Since 2011, curly-flowered essential oil has been banned for use, since dietary supplements with poisons were used in the processing.
The chemical composition and nutritional value of parsley
If we talk about the composition of the chemical type, parsley contains substances such as:
- Bergapten and apiin glycoside,
- Furocoumarin and flavonoid,
- Fatty oils of petrozelinic and oleic acids,
- Linoleic and palmitic acids,
- Quercetin and kempferol in parsley flowers,
- Apigenin and mucus are in the roots.
This combination of just one sprout is very impressive, since there is nowhere else a huge acid content, although they are hardly noticeable in taste. But regarding fruits and vegetables, parsley is superior to them because of the presence of:
- Ascorbic acid - up to 3%,
- Carotene and thiamine - up to 0.5%,
- Riboflavin and retinol - up to 0.1%.
Also, salts of iron, sodium, potassium, phosphorus and calcium are present in it. A lot of proteins and carbohydrates, a rich set of minerals. There are no fats and fatty acids, but simple acids promote metabolism. The nutritional value of parsley is determined by:
Per 100 g of product
The composition of fats includes the following components:
(Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium)
The composition of carbohydrates includes:
The composition of proteins includes:
Calorie content of 100 g of fresh product is 36 kcal.
Leaves, roots and seeds of parsley are useful properties and contraindications, however, all parts of plants have the same spicy taste with a slight smack of oil. Within 4-6% of the oil remains on the surface, the remaining parts are difficult to obtain. Therefore, parsley is not prohibited for sale, but is excluded from dietary supplements due to poison.
Different parts of the plant have their pros and cons, and each of them can have a certain effect on the human body. All greens can be mixed, for example, to add to soups or main dishes. Rarely, but parsley is used in France for desserts. They love greens very much, and use it in all convenient cases. Least of all parsley is loved in the USA and Europe, at least in fresh form. Dried herbs prevail there, which are convenient to store for several weeks.It is understandable, many stores, for example, in Norway are open until 3-4 in the evening. And from Thursday to Monday no one will be able to buy products, because the centers are closed. The only way out is to go to the nearest Sweden and in two hours you will have the products.
Having deviated into the background of why it is impossible to acquire fresh produce, this is due to the foreign policy of countries, especially Scandinavian ones. Nevertheless, it is common for ordinary people of the post-Soviet space to consume such seasonings in a fresh and dry form.
* on the mobile, scroll right to left to see the whole table
So we see that parsley is very useful for the human body as a whole, but at the same time it is enough to use at least one of the whole plant. Roots and leaves are more useful than flowers, but they also have a number of factors that affect human health.
The beneficial properties of parsley for women
Parsley is very important for women, as it helps to normalize the lipid balance especially after the birth of a baby. When all the cells of the body practically “fell asleep” and stopped working, resting an indefinite amount of time, muscle activity begins to wake up, the work of which has been limited recently. It is also useful for vision and skin - it normalizes the balance of the dermis and epidermis, helps cleanse the skin from the inside.
Parsley during pregnancy and breastfeeding
During pregnancy, parsley helps to cope with constipation and intestinal obstruction. If we consider its effect on the fetus, then he receives much more vitamins than his mother. In the process of formation and development of the body, parsley helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels in the child, as well as visual motility. By 7 months, he will already be able to see and open his eyes. By the time of birth, bursting capillaries at the time of expulsion of the fetus can be avoided.
When the baby is born, it is especially useful for the mother to consume fresh herbs and parsley, in particular. This will help her recover and provide the child with proper nutrition, since he still cannot independently choose a diet - by consuming all the products in a row through milk, he assimilates everything at once.
Parsley in cosmetology - for face and hair
Not so long ago, greens began to be used as a means to care for the skin of the face and head, against wrinkles and to strengthen hair. However, not as a simple plant, but in the form of cosmetic extracts in the composition of creams and masks, parsley particles were used. But the ladies are so adventurous that they began to use fresh leaves and plant roots for masks and treatment complexes at home.
Parsley decoction - benefits and harms
A decoction will help normalize the balance of the skin. Restores the dermis and epidermis, helps remove redness and remove the causes of its occurrence. To prepare a decoction you will need:
- Skim cheese,
- Parsley seeds and leaves,
- Boiling water,
- Spoon for mixing the mass.
As you guessed, cottage cheese is mixed with the components of the plant and poured with water. Then bring to a boil and use as a means to care for face skin. You need to apply the mask in a warm form, then all its properties will remain with it. Then after 20-30 minutes the mask is removed, the residues are washed off with water.
Parsley decoction helps the skin recover especially in winter. Also, since parsley is a female plant, it cleans pores well even after salon peeling procedures. The composition of parsley and its broth contains components that help remove moisture. Also, such a decoction can be drunk, but without the use of cottage cheese. It cleanses the circulatory system, treats nephritis and cystitis. The water balance is regulated, a woman relieves stress and normalizes the cycle. By the way, during menopause, many replace antidepressants and sedatives.
Parsley for hair - is it a balm mask?
In the form of masks there is a large number of products that help restore cells and the structure of the hair. However, for some reason, women prefer to buy balms - they are more liquid in consistency, soft and easier to wash off. They last only 2-3 minutes, and masks - up to 20-30 minutes each time. This is not very convenient, because masks finish faster, but balms can be combined with shampoos. By the way, balms are more difficult to prepare by yourself, but you can try to achieve the desired consistency. So, on the basis of shugaring paste, many girls make hair balms with parsley.
To do this, you need a root and a little sugar paste. The second is brought to a boil and thicken, the root is finely chopped and placed in a container with pasta. It turns out sugar greens, like a vegetable with a cucumber syrup. Such a decoction can be applied to the hair, taken with food to cleanse the body. The roots in the composition are very useful for men, but the sweet taste is not for everybody.
How to use parsley root?
Since we talked about the root, it is impossible not to note its useful properties in cooking. It is most often used as a seasoning, but only for the first dishes - for the zam. There you can still put coriander and various spices in a dry form. If you remember, an acidic deputy was prepared before, since there was no sale of kvass and starter cultures for the first courses. For this, dried parsley roots were used, but they were dried on their own, and they were not bought ready-made. However, then there were no ready-made ones.
In cooking, parsley root can be used as an aromatic supplement, since it is the root that is useful for creating odors and aromatic mood.
How to keep parsley in the refrigerator?
What is not included in soups or seasonings is sent for storage. But how to store greens so that by winter or summer it remains fresh and beautiful? Often we saw how a branch bought a week ago dies and rots after a few days. And by the end of the second week you can find a wet bundle. The wrong temperature and humidity are to blame. On the shelves in the store, most often parsley is stored in an open place - warm air comes from there. Refrigerators are more powerful, and products remain usable for almost a month.
This does not mean that it is sprayed or canned. At home in the refrigerator there is a lot of food, which is gentle moisture. In industrial chambers, humidity is adjustable. Therefore, parsley is never stored with meat or cheese. Milk lies separately, like sausages. The only way to save the product is to send it to the freezer by wrapping it in advance with cling film. So it retains both properties and moisture.
Parsley and lemon for weight loss - calorie dishes
Since parsley has a calorie content of only 36 kcal, and its properties have a diuretic and salt-eliminating method, it is used to stimulate the burning of cells. It is worth noting that parsley helps in other diets. If she just has a snack sometimes:
- It suppresses the appetite, and before eating, people often eat 2-3 branches, and after 10-15 minutes sit at the table. After - I practically do not want to eat, and a person eats as much as he should. Appetite can lie at the expense of quantity - after eating enough, the body does not have time to respond to satiety. Therefore, you still need to eat in a quiet environment, without distracting gears.
- The withdrawal of fluid. Parsley promotes the withdrawal of not only fluids and salts, but also excess lipid components that form subcutaneous fat. When the water leaves, the mass is lost from 3-9 kg, depending on the initial weight. To lose fat, you need at least 2-3 months.
- Metabolism increases due to the ingestion of parsley substances in the fatty tissue. By removing old cells, a person loses cellulite.
- It restores the metabolism, and when it works correctly, the body does not put off body fat under normal stress on the body.
Losing weight is very simple, without even following strict diets. We also recommend taking parsley with lemon. This decoction will help to reduce the ingress of acids and toxins into the bloodstream, which will help stabilize weight.
- Take 1.5 liters of water and boil it.
- Finely chop the parsley - leaves, flowers, and roots. ½ cup will be enough. Everything will do.
- Grate lemon or chop finely. 1 slice is enough.
Stir the whole mixture and bring to a boil over low heat. After turning off, let the parsley infuse, and then strain the liquid. Take 1 cup (200 ml) half an hour before meals. You can also drink tea from these ingredients, adding honey at the end. it must be taken three times a day, useful for acute respiratory viral infections and colds.
The benefits of parsley for men - the effect on prostatitis
Parsley and its components are very useful for men. The more often he eats greens, the better things will be with potency and male health. When diagnosing prostatitis, parsley is shown first. Take it with medicines and other herbs. Active substances - apigenin, affects the production of hormones and the speed of the reaction. It also interferes with the production of female estrogen, which is located in the thyroid gland, and not in the ovaries, like progesterone. Men also have organs. Responsible for hormone production, however, female species are less in demand, so helpers are needed for anti-stimulation. Otherwise, the balance will be upset.
Kidney and liver parsley
As mentioned above, parsley is a diuretic, has a positive effect on the liver, cleansing it of excess bile. If the kidneys suffer from inflammation, it is best to exert an effect on the adrenal glands to enhance the production of protective material. This will help reduce the risk of complications that can help deal with the consequences.
Parsley for diabetics
Parsley reduces the level of glucose in the blood and urine, which cannot but go unnoticed by diabetics. This is a very useful and simple recipe that helps to stop a little bursts of hormonal imbalance and sugar levels. Since parsley drives fluid, it is impossible to talk about complete healing - this is a defect in the pancreas. It is impossible to force her to produce insulin, this is not the case with the ovaries and the hormonal cycle - in women it is like this from birth. For stimulation, you can use decoctions of parsley, which have a stronger effect. Due to the water balance, all substances will be delivered faster, and the liquid will be faster removed back from the body. And this is facilitated by the greens themselves. Thus, the rapid distillation of liquids and the delivery of substances and trace elements to organs, this is the work of the plant.
Parsley for pancreatitis and gastrointestinal diseases
Parsley, possessing essential oils inside the roots that are safe for a healthy person, can negatively affect a patient with a gastrointestinal tract. Protein synthesis will occur in the department of pancreatic enzymes, which are produced 3-4 times more. This affects the breakdown of fiber and parsley, and the destructive balance of the inflammatory process is also aggravated. As a result, the patient was taken to the emergency room with an exacerbation of the mucous membrane in the pancreas.
Ascorbic acid in its pure form without a medical coating will double the daily requirement of acids that affect the gastric mucosa in the same way as the components of parsley. As a result, if the patient spends 2-3 weeks in the hospital, this is the best solution for him.
But when the disease goes into a chronic stage with remission. Parsley is simply necessary for a person:
- It removes harmful substances.
- Fills enzymes with antioxidants, which is safe for the mucous membrane in contact with parsley.
- The exchange of sucrose and glucose improves.
- Apiola and chlorophyll normalize the work of the kidneys and adrenal glands, and this is very important for human life.
- With oxalate urolithiasis relieves acute kidney pain, which has a positive effect on the body as a whole.
As you can see, it is not always possible for a person and it is possible to do the same as with other diseases. Once this will be his salvation, neutralize the influence of other products and substances, and then simply kill from the inside, slowly bringing pains and cramps, which will be impossible to get rid of.
Therefore, in advance, find out about the composition of the product, its benefits and useful features. Some influence can be useful for a healthy person, but for a patient it is either not, or twice as good. Perhaps a certain ratio between the products. Parsley has a good effect on metabolism, and this is a good figure and a healthy body.
If you find an error, please select a piece of text and press Ctrl + Enter.
Parsley: description, medicinal properties and contraindications
As a spicy spice, the plant conquered Europe in the 15th century. However, it earned popularity not only due to its taste. For centuries, traditional healers, healers, and today doctors and scientists are interested in the benefits and harms of parsley. Parsley is one of the first spring herbs that appear on the beds. And when the body feels a deficiency of vitamins after winter frosts, parsley is already proudly flaunting on the table, ready to support the immune system. But this is not all the benefits of parsley.
The benefits of parsley for the body
All parts of parsley are beneficial for the body and find application in maintaining health and restoring the functioning of the human body.
The benefits of parsley for the body are the following properties:
Increased immunity - collagen (the main protein of connective tissue) is produced, the absorption of nutrients and the regeneration of damaged tissues are accelerated, the functioning of the endocrine glands is stimulated, and the body is protected against infections and their complications.
Arthritis treatment and prevention - parsley essential oil (eugenol) has an anti-inflammatory effect in pain and swelling in the affected joints.
Improving metabolic processes - a rich vitamin composition stimulates the production of red blood cells, protein synthesis, normalization of hemoglobin levels. Folic acid has a positive effect on the prevention of anemia, the formation of healthy cells.
Strengthening of blood vessels - occurs due to a decrease in the level of homocysteine - an amino acid that affects the walls of arteries. Due to this, blood vessels and small capillaries are strengthened.
The production of antioxidants - bioflavonoid luteolin is an antioxidant that removes free radicals from the body, stimulates the metabolism of carbohydrates, and exhibits anti-inflammatory properties.
Prevention of gemological diseases - parsley chlorophyll purifies the blood, normalizes blood sugar, tones blood vessels.
Decreased blood pressure - a high potassium content normalizes high blood pressure, heart rate.
Prevention of respiratory and allergic rhinitis - quality is indispensable during the flowering of plants and the appearance of seasonal types of allergies, serves to prevent rhinitis.
Adjusting high acidity - improves the digestive tract, reduces the acidity of gastric juice, acts as an antacid.
Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system - stops the foci of inflammation.
Detoxification of the body - removes toxins, stimulates the formation of apigenin and myristicin in the liver - substances that enhance the effect of drugs against cancer of the large intestine.
Sanitation of the oral cavity - chlorophyll in parsley is an excellent tool for the prevention of inflammation of the oral cavity, the elimination of unpleasant odors.
Treatment of pyelonephritis - viruses and bacteria that cause inflammation of the tubules of the kidneys are neutralized.
Reducing blood sugar - the constant use of parsley helps to control the level of glucose in the blood of patients with diabetes.
Use as a diuretic - the diuretic property of parsley enhances the excretion of salts and toxins, reduces the volume of fluid in the intercellular space.
Improving vision - a rich set of trace elements, the content of vitamin A and beta-carotene helps to normalize vision, protect the optic nerve from overwork.
Tissue regeneration and disinfection of epidermal injuries - the amino acid histidine helps to stop the infection processes on the skin after damage and surgical interventions.
The whole benefit of parsley is the content of biologically active compounds and minerals in it. The sugar in its composition is glucose, sucrose and fructose. All parts of this plant are rich in pectins, bioflavonoids and phytoncides. The spicy aroma of this plant is caused by a large amount of essential oils.
What vitamins are in parsley?
Vitamins contained in parsley are active antioxidants that remove free radicals from the body. They protect the immune system, cells and tissues of the body, contribute to their regeneration and active renewal.
Most of all in parsley, ascorbic acid is vitamin C. It strengthens blood vessels and the nervous system, endocrine glands.
Folic acid - vitamin B9, is actively involved in hematopoiesis, normalizes the liver and digestive tract. Thanks to folic acid, a balance is established between the processes of excitation and inhibition in the human nervous system.
Niacin - vitamin PP, is responsible for the stimulation of oxidative and reducing processes, the production of gastric juice.
Tocopherol - Vitamin E, is the main antioxidant, used to prevent aging, restore capillaries.
Vitamin K - coordinates calcium metabolism, normalizes blood coagulation.
Vitamin B2 - riboflavin, responds to the state of the epidermis and vision, supporting the nervous system in optimal condition, and preventing nerve breakdowns.
But what other vitamins are in parsley? The table below shows the average amount of vitamins and minerals:
What else is parsley useful for women and men?
This spicy plant is useful for both women and men and actively helps in solving specific problems of male and female health.
Benefits for women:
The chemical compound Apiol is a plant-based analogue of the female hormone estrogen, normalizes the menstrual cycle, improves well-being in the pathological course of menopause, and eliminates pain during painful menstruation.
For female beauty, parsley is indispensable. It helps to look good, avoid unnecessary skin pigmentation during pregnancy and menopause, support aging skin, and cure acne.
The balance of essential micro and macro elements stimulates digestion, helps to get rid of fat deposits, effectively suppress the feeling of hunger during the restructuring of the diet. The use of spicy parsley during the diet makes up for the lack of enzymes and biologically active substances necessary for digestion.
Women who practice breastfeeding are usually wary of including parsley in their diets. In large quantities, it leads to overexcitation of the baby, falling into breast milk. Meanwhile, a small addition of parsley in the first and second courses of a nursing mother will improve the composition of breast milk.
The benefits of parsley for men:
The functioning of the prostate gland improves
Blood flow in the pelvis improves, which improves the health of the genitourinary system,
Parsley decoction removes toxins during alcohol intoxication.
The benefits of parsley for men are largely based on the content of the chemical compound apigenin.This substance reduces the estrogen content in the male body, allowing testosterone to show its purely masculine qualities.
The healing properties of parsley root
For medicinal purposes, a variety such as root parsley is used. In leaf parsley, the root is much smaller and has no practical value, although they are almost identical in terms of the content of essential oils, vitamins, organic acids, trace elements, and it can also be used.
Useful properties of parsley root for healing:
Correction of the liver and biliary tract,
Removal of toxins, excess fluid,
Genitourinary system, treatment of prostatitis, urolithiasis,
Normalization of the digestive tract, stimulation of the production of enzymes for better digestion of food,
Lowering glucose in diabetes
Help with indigestion in children and adults,
Treatment of rheumatism and arthritis,
Use in the complex treatment of obesity,
Elimination of pigmentation, edema, bags and dark circles under the eyes.
For the preparation of medicines, both fresh and dried parsley root are used. The best time to harvest it is late autumn, the time before the onset of frost. Parsley root is used not only for treatment. It is a valuable flavoring additive that gives dishes with its use a strong aroma and original taste.
Contraindications to the use of parsley root
The high biological activity of this natural product requires special care when using it. The intolerance of this plant, a history of epilepsy, as well as acute cystitis and nephritis are necessarily taken into account. In large quantities, parsley root can adversely affect calcium metabolism.
It is used for various malfunctions in the functioning of the reproductive system in women, as well as in cases of heavy menstruation. The decoction helps the vessels to expand, and also contributes to the release of toxins from the human body. Among other things, the infusion helps cleanse internal organs, and also helps to remove salts from human joints. For all this, there is a special infusion: you need to add five hundred milliliters of boiling water to a glass of chopped fresh parsley and leave it to stand until it cools. It is further recommended that you drink thirty minutes before meals three times a day - in the morning, afternoon and evening - sixty milliliters of the composition. The duration of use is ten days, after which a break is made for two days, and then the reception lasts another ten days.
The composition is used to disinfect the oral cavity, which is indispensable for the treatment of gingivitis, stomatitis and other wounds, as well as getting rid of germs. Just apply it to rinse. There is an option to reduce dry skin. To do this, add five hundred milliliters of boiling water to a tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley, then put on fire for about twenty minutes, allow to cool, and then apply as a regular lotion, rubbing the skin.
The resulting can be mixed with crushed oatmeal and stir until a thick homogeneous mass, and then use the resulting tool for oily skin as a mask. It should be applied for fifteen minutes twice a week, and then washed with cool water.
The composition is also indispensable in the fight against freckles or age spots, as it eliminates them. Every day it is necessary to use a decoction made of half a glass of water with a tablespoon of parsley as a tonic.
Cooking broth: You need to add one and a half liters of boiling water to two tablespoons of grass and parsley roots (you can just roots), previously chopped. Drinking a decoction is recommended four times a day thirty minutes before a meal, one or two tablespoons.
Parsley juice is the quintessence of its useful properties, a kind of concentrate of vitamins, bioflavonoids, trace elements in an easily digestible form. To take full advantage of the biological activity of the juice, you need to use it immediately after receipt.
Useful properties of parsley juice:
Strengthening immunity, the effect on accelerated recovery from injuries and surgical intervention,
Decreased blood pressure due to the diuretic effect without the risk of removing beneficial trace elements (potassium) from the body,
Prevention of blood clots,
Prevention of premature aging
Prevention of the appearance of prostate adenoma and minimization of its symptoms upon occurrence,
The appearance of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects in the pathology of the genitourinary system,
Normalization of fat metabolism, elimination of toxins from the body,
Improving digestion, preventing the appearance of excess weight,
Help with cataracts, conjunctivitis, the appearance of myopia, eye muscle fatigue during prolonged work at the computer (as an element of a mixture of carrot, parsley and celery juices),
Strengthening the walls of blood vessels and heart muscle,
Normalization of the menstrual cycle in pain,
Help with the pathological course of the menopause,
Use as a natural aphrodisiac to increase sex drive in men and women,
Improving and brightening complexion, eliminating oily skin, prevention and treatment of acne,
Use as a tonic to refresh the face and neck,
Elimination of itching and inflammation with insect bites.
When using parsley juice for recreational purposes, contraindications must be taken into account. This may be an individual intolerance, kidney disease, gastritis and gastric ulcer. There is unverified clinical evidence of the negative effect of parsley juice on uterine tone and its use with caution during pregnancy.
Making parsley juice
To prepare parsley juice, you need to thoroughly rinse the greens, chop it in any way possible. You can cut it with a knife or chop it with a blender. Then the resulting mass is squeezed through a filter made of natural fabric (gauze, cotton cloth). The more operations are performed manually, the more complete the product will be. During the mechanization of this process, some of the vitamins and unstable biological compounds can be destroyed.
The resulting juice is not stored, use immediately after preparation. The only exception is that for cosmetic procedures, parsley juice can be frozen in ice tins. If pure juice is not required for these purposes, it must be diluted with water before freezing, depending on the requirements of the recipe.
Researchers found that one of the healing properties of parsley is associated with myristicin and apiol, so it can increase the tone of the intestines, smooth muscles in the uterus, bladder, and also increases diuresis. The plant is indispensable for bleeding in the uterus, edema in the heart, as well as a diuretic for dropsy. Essential oils obtained from parsley are recognized in several countries abroad, and its diuretic effect is scientifically proven. But it should be used with caution, since it is contraindicated in nephritis due to the irritating effect on the renal parenchyma.
Plant seeds are also used. They are a good carminative, diuretic and have a positive effect on menstruation in women. But this is far from all of their properties. The decoction obtained from the seeds is used for atrial fibrillation with the presence of complications in the form of heart failure with edema or several. The juice contained in the plant is favorable for oxygen metabolism in the body, as well as the functioning of the heart.Therefore, in addition to the diuretic effect, the effect of the fight against heart failure is recognized for parsley. Juice per serving should be no more than one tablespoon, it is even more preferable to add it to carrot juice in the ratio of one tablespoon of parsley to three tablespoons of carrot juice. The decoction of the plant with the addition of lemon juice to it is also convenient for getting rid of freckles and spots, it should be used just like a regular tonic, twice a day. This composition also allows you to partially remove the tan from the face.
Parsley face mask
There are many healing masks for the skin of the face and neck of parsley. In addition to skin whitening, parsley masks solve many problems - from removing small wrinkles to treating acne. The basis of this action of natural cosmetics is a rich set of useful elements of the composition of parsley.
Anti-wrinkle - for smoothing and toning aging skin. For 15 minutes, apply a gauze napkin on the face, soaked in infusion of 30 g chopped parsley, pouring a glass of boiled water for 3-5 hours. Use daily.
For whitening the skin, lightening freckles, age spots. Mix 1 tbsp. chopped parsley with egg yolk, 1 tbsp. l olive oil. Apply to problem areas for 10-15 minutes, rinse with cool water.
Nourishing mask for dry skin of the face and neck. Mix the chopped parsley leaves with fat sour cream or yogurt (1 tablespoon) for 15 minutes, rinse with warm water.
For the prevention and treatment of acne. It relieves comedones, relieves inflammation, prevents the appearance of new rashes.
Mix chicken egg protein with 1 tbsp. chopped parsley root, apply for 15 minutes to inflamed skin, rinse with cool water.
To rejuvenate aging skin. Mix the chopped parsley leaves with liquid honey (1 tbsp each), apply to the face, avoiding the area around the eyes. After 15-20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
All masks to achieve a visible effect are recommended to be done regularly, at least 2-3 times a week in courses of 1-1.5 months. First, you should do a test for allergy manifestations - apply a drop of the mixture to the bend of the elbow and wait 15-20 minutes. The appearance of redness indicates that there are contraindications to the use of this natural remedy.
Pickled parsley for the winter - recipe
To consume parsley even in the offseason, use pickling parsley for the winter.
The following ingredients are used for the classic recipe:
Parsley - 2 large bunches,
Sugar - 80 g
Bay leaf - 3-4 pieces,
Garlic - 3-5 large cloves,
Vinegar 9% - 100 g (1/2 cup)
Step by step recipe for pickling parsley:
Sort, wash, dry and cut parsley, sterilize small jars.
Put the greens in a bowl.
Prepare a brine - in 700 g of boiling water dissolve salt and sugar, add vinegar.
Pour parsley with boiling brine, sterilize for 15-20 minutes.
Cork with lids, place under a thick cloth for 6-8 hours.
By clicking on the link, you can get acquainted with the pickling recipe without sterilization:
Contraindications to the use of parsley
Despite the large number of useful properties of parsley, there are contraindications to its use:
Individual intolerance of parsley, allergic reactions to its components.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding - causes a feeling of excitability in infants, increases the tone of the uterus,
Inflammation of the bladder in acute or chronic form, nephritis, pyelonephritis, gout, kidney stones, since essential oils and parsley bioflavonoids irritate the kidney parenchyma,
Exacerbation of peptic ulcer
Disorders of calcium metabolism.
Even in the absence of contraindications, parsley should not be consumed in large quantities. Excessive amount of parsley juice causes negative symptoms in the one who abuses it.This is a headache, nausea, a decrease in general and muscle tone. It is best to dilute the juice with water, use a mixture of juices.
Can parsley be frozen in a freezer?
Leaf and horse parsley is successfully frozen for the winter. In this condition, it can be stored from 7 to 8-9 months.
To do this, use the following methods:
Whole stalks - peeled, washed and dried parsley is cleaned of coarse stems, distributed in bundles, wrapped portionwise in plastic bags, wrapping them with a tube, and placed in a freezer.
In a chopped form - washed and dried parsley is finely chopped, the mass is packaged in packages, they are tightly rolled up and frozen.
In the form of portioned cubes - the prepared parsley is finely chopped, densely filled with a mass of ice molds, a few drops of water are added to them. The molds are placed in the freezer, the next day they can be folded into a more compact package for storage.
In the form of mashed potatoes - washed and dried parsley is crushed with a blender, a little vegetable oil (sunflower, olive) is added to the mass, frozen in portioned molds. After that, the cubes of mashed potatoes can be put in bags for long-term storage.
In the form of chopped root vegetables - root vegetables that are peeled and peeled from thin roots are thoroughly washed and dried. Then they are cut or rubbed on a coarse grater, put up in bags for storage, frozen.
Before eating, parsley is not thawed, added to soups, stews, sauces, salads. Quickly frozen parsley almost completely retains its taste and aroma. It is put in various dishes 2 times more than fresh parsley would be added.
How to keep parsley fresh for the winter?
To keep the root parsley fresh, the dug up roots are sorted out, removing broken and spoiled specimens. Then they are dug up in boxes with sand and placed in the basement. Sand can be slightly moistened during the storage period.
For short-term storage, the leaf parsley is washed, placed in plastic containers and poured with boiled and cooled vegetable oil. So fresh parsley can be stored in a cool place for 2-3 months. If you can’t keep the parsley fresh, it is salted, dried and frozen.
How to keep parsley fresh in the refrigerator?
You can save freshly cut greens for a week by putting it in water similar to a flower bouquet. In the refrigerator, this period is extended to a month. To do this, parsley is not wrapped in a plastic bag, but in paper, stored in a special compartment. Fresh parsley is stored in a vacuum container for up to a month.
Are vitamins stored in frozen parsley juice?
With rapid freezing, parsley juice retains most of its rich vitamin composition. When thawing, juice loses about 30% of vitamins.
Article author: Sokolova Nina Vladimirovna | Phytotherapist
Education: A diploma in the specialty of “Medicine” and “Therapy” was obtained at the N. I. Pirogov University (2005 and 2006). Further training at the Department of Herbal Medicine at Peoples' Friendship University of Moscow (2008).
Features of the composition in relation to the female body
Parsley contains many vitamins, minerals, and also fiber necessary for digestive organs, therefore it is useful to everyone (regardless of gender and age). But the following substances have a direct effect on the female body:
- Vitamin B1 and B2 (necessary during the period of hepatitis B, since their deficiency provokes skeletal and muscle tissue disorders in the newborn).
- Vitamin C (normalizes the level of progesterone in the body and stimulates the smooth muscles of the uterus).
- Vitamin A (contributes to the production of female sex hormones).
- Vitamin K (slows down the aging process).
- Vitamin E (relieves menopause, restores skin elasticity).
- Folic acid (improves mood and prevents the onset of depression, promotes the production of breast milk during feeding).
- Biotin (helps preserve and enhance the beauty of hair and skin).
- Magnesium (regulates the menstrual cycle and ovulation).
- Selenium (slows down the aging process, accelerates hair growth).
Health benefits and harms
In general, the usefulness of a plant can be reduced to several main points:
- Relieves menstrual pain and relieves PMS.
- It promotes lactation (including contains substances necessary for the full development and formation of bone and muscle tissue in a newborn).
- It normalizes the menstrual cycle and also alleviates the symptoms of menopause and menopause.
- Whitens and rejuvenates the skin, strengthens the hair structure (therefore it is used for the preparation of cosmetic masks).
The harm of parsley is as follows:
- In people prone to allergies, the plant can cause a rash on the skin.
- A large amount of parsley eaten contributes to irritation of the gastric mucosa.
- With caution, it should be eaten during epilepsy, because in some cases parsley can provoke an attack. But with minimal dosages this should not be feared (1 sprig per day).
Also, when eating plants in large quantities, headaches, nausea and cramps are possible.
How to cook a decoction?
- chopped parsley leaves (fresh can be chopped using a blender) - 10 tbsp. l.,
- 1 liter of water.
- Pour the raw materials with water and bring to a boil.
- Let it brew for an hour and strain.
Application: take a decoction of 100 ml 3 times a day (a quarter of an hour before meals). The course of treatment: 3-5 days.
- 1 tbsp. l dried herbs
- 200 ml of hot water (not boiling).
- Pour the required amount of raw materials with hot water.
- Boil for 30 minutes.
- Strain through cheesecloth.
Application: take 2 tbsp. l 3 times a day (before meals).
Course of treatment: 7-10 days, then take a break (1 week) and repeat again.
From renal edema
- chopped leaves, stems and root (1 tbsp. l.),
- fresh milk (200 ml).
- Lightly warm the milk (up to about 30-40 degrees).
- Pour the finished raw materials with warm milk.
- Wait half an hour and strain.
Application: have a drink during the day. The course of treatment: 2-3 weeks (daily).
With painful menstruation
To relieve pain during menstruation, the following recipe is recommended.
- grass and ground root of the plant (1 tbsp. l. each),
- 2 cups boiling water.
- Pour the finished raw material with boiling water and let it brew for 4 hours.
Application: drink 2 tbsp. l several times a day. The course of treatment: 4-5 days.
For the prevention of depression
Is common parsley useful in preventing depression? Doctors say yes, and recommend drinking fruit smoothies with fresh parsley leaves, for example:
- Rinse two branches of greens and load a blender.
- Fresh fruits (peach, kiwi, orange - to taste) peel and cut into small pieces, then place in a blender.
- To grind.
The resulting product should be taken every morning. The combination of fruits and herbs will help in time to prevent depressive disorder and strengthen the immune system.
Cooking: chop greens and mix with kefir.
Application: drink the resulting cocktail at 6-7 pm.
General course: 2 weeks (daily).
- a bunch of parsley
- a glass of kefir,
- ginger root (0.5 cm),
- several branches of dill,
- a small clove of garlic.
- Rinse ginger and garlic and chop on a fine grater.
- Grind dill and parsley.
- Mix all the ingredients with kefir.
Application: drink a drink after dinner (or instead) and limit the need for food (until the morning).
General course: 3 weeks.
Mask for strengthening and hair growth
Composition and preparation:
- 1 tsp ground parsley seeds,
- alcohol (1 tsp),
- castor oil (2 tsp).
All components mix well.
- Rub the mixture into the scalp and put on a plastic cap.
- After 15-20 minutes, rinse with water and shampoo.
General course: 15 procedures (every other day).
Mask for edema of the eyelids
Preparation and use:
- Grind two branches of greens with a blender or a meat grinder.
- Place weight on covered eyelids and around the eyes.
- After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water.
General course: 10-15 procedures (every day or every other day).
Fresh parsley - a storehouse of vitamins and mineralsnecessary for a woman's health.
However, its use should be approached wisely and not be abused (both as part of food dishes and medicinal recipes). But in the absence of serious illnesses (for example, kidneys) or allergies to the product, parsley can be safely consumed at least every day - 2-3 branches. In the case of a skin rash and other negative manifestations, it is necessary to limit the amount of greenery consumed or to exclude it from the diet altogether.
Garden greens has the following characteristics.
- Stem. The plant is characterized by an erect, highly branched stem.
- Leaves. Bifold. A distinctive feature is the glossy top surface. Bottom leaves have a haze.
- Root. Parsley has a spindle-shaped fleshy root. Able to reach a length of 30 cm.
- Flowers. They are formed at the ends of branches. Small inflorescences form complex umbrellas.
- Fruit. Brownish-green two-seeded, has an ovoid shape, somewhat compressed on the sides. The rounded seed is gray and oily.
How does it affect health?
Most often, parsley is spoken of as a spice used in cooking. However, very few understand how many nutrients are included in the plant and what healing power it has. Healers say that by learning to use the plant correctly, you can forever say goodbye to many ailments. The following medicinal properties of curly parsley are known.
- Increased immunity. According to the content of ascorbic acid, parsley confidently bypasses such recognized leaders as lemons and oranges. Vitamin C in greens is almost four times more than in citruses. Due to its high content and its other useful components, spicy greens enhances the body's immune defense and allows you to resist colds.
- Anti-inflammatory properties. The plant reduces the severity of inflammatory processes that occur in the body. Therefore, very often in folk medicine they recommend the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity with parsley. Fragrant grass eliminates inflammation of the gums, cleanses the cavity of bacteria that underlie bad breath.
- Diuretic properties. Due to the ability to remove salts and water from the body, this herb is used in the treatment of urolithiasis.
- Improving the work of the heart. Parsley strengthens capillaries and blood vessels. This, along with the diuretic effect, helps fight hypertension and heart ailments.
- Improving digestion. The plant stimulates the production of digestive enzymes. This, according to reviews, allows you to establish the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) and digest food more efficiently.
- Restoration of vision. The plant, due to the content of carotene, vitamins and trace elements, favorably affects the organs of vision. It restores the retina. Parsley is recommended to increase visual acuity.
- Sugar reduction. The plant includes inulin. Such a substance helps to reduce blood glucose. Therefore, parsley must be consumed by people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Oncology protection. The plant contains substances that can prevent the transformation of cells into cancerous.And the content of antioxidants protects the body from carcinogens.
- Increase potency. Parsley is good for men's health. The plant is used to treat prostatitis, urogenital inflammation.
- Cycle regulation. Spicy herbs are recommended for women. Fragrant spice can normalize the menstrual cycle. But parsley should not be included in the diet during pregnancy. This herb has abortive properties.
Use in cosmetology
Greens have extensive indications for use in cosmetology. On the basis of a useful product, a lot of masks, lotions are made that effectively take care of skin and hair. Beauticians will highlight the following positive effects of herbs:
- blackhead removal
- wrinkle fighting
- tissue nutrition with minerals, vitamins,
- skin lightening
- pigmentation elimination,
- providing shine to hair,
- strengthening of hair follicles,
- increased growth of strands.
When parsley can hurt
Parsley, no matter how useful, can cause harm. After all, healing grass has several limitations. Therefore, before proceeding with the preparation of medicines based on fragrant herbs, be sure to consult a doctor. Means of parsley have such contraindications:
- individual sensitivity
- urolithiasis, if the size of the stones exceeds half a centimeter,
- gastritis with high acidity,
- risk of miscarriage during pregnancy.
Healing power is not only a leaf. All parts of the plant are endowed with useful substances and are used by healers. So, parsley root is in demand in the treatment of diseases of the oral cavity. It is known that it has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. The beneficial properties of parsley seeds did not go unnoticed. Oily seeds help with monthly female ailments and malfunctions of the prostate gland. The following recipes are especially in demand in medical practice.
From kidney stones
Features To improve the functioning of the kidneys and provoke the release of stones, healers recommend using a decoction of seeds. But such therapy is possible only after approval by the doctor and is strictly contraindicated if the kidney stones are large.
- parsley seeds - one teaspoon,
- boiling water - two glasses.
Preparation and use
- Seeds are poured with boiling water.
- The composition is boiled for five to seven minutes over low heat. The cooled medicine is filtered.
- They use the drug in a quarter glass up to five times a day.
Features For the treatment of chronic pancreatitis, it is recommended to use the drug one teaspoon before a meal. But the product is contraindicated during exacerbation of pancreatitis.
- parsley - 150 g,
- lemon - 0.5 kg
- garlic - 150 g.
Preparation and use
- Through a meat grinder, lemons, herbs and garlic are passed.
- The mixture is well mixed and refrigerated for two to three weeks.
- Store exclusively in an enamel container.
- Take the medicine three times a day.
Features The medicine is used to treat gastritis with low acidity. With increased acidity, the product is strictly prohibited.
- parsley leaf (chopped) - five tablespoons,
- honey - five tablespoons.
Preparation and use
- Greens are carefully chopped.
- The green mass is mixed with honey.
- It is recommended to eat one tablespoon of the aromatic mixture twice a day.
From gallstone disease and cholesterol
Features A fresh parsley leaf not only helps clear the bladder, but also lowers cholesterol. But to clear the gall bladder of stones is allowed only after consulting a doctor. Otherwise, colic can provoke.
- seeds - 0.5 g
- or parsley leaf - 1 g.
Preparation and use
- Use leaves (1 g) fresh for a week.
- Alternatively, dried parsley seeds (0.5 g each) can be used.
- Reception is repeated two to three times a day.
Features Treatment of gout is carried out both in the phase of exacerbation, and when the process subsides.
- elderberry - three teaspoons,
- parsley root - three teaspoons,
- nettle - three teaspoons
- willow bark - one teaspoon,
- water - one glass.
Preparation and use
- All components must be crushed and mixed thoroughly.
- A tablespoon of the mixture is poured with boiling water.
- About five minutes, the solution is boiled over low heat. Then for 20-30 minutes he is insisted. Filter.
- Take half a glass two to three times 30 minutes before eating.
For weight loss
Features In order to reduce body weight, in addition to taking the drug, it is necessary to adhere to a hypocaloric diet and not neglect physical exercises.
- kefir (necessarily low-fat) - one glass,
- ginger root - 20 g
- garlic - one clove,
- parsley (chopped leaf) - one tablespoon.
Preparation and use
- Initially chopped garlic, ginger and parsley.
- All components are added to kefir.
- The drink with a blender is thoroughly whipped.
- For weight loss, such a cocktail is recommended to be taken before bedtime.
Features This tool will help eliminate leg swelling and improve the functioning of the cardiovascular system. The drug has not only a diuretic, but also an anti-inflammatory property.
- parsley seed - one teaspoon,
- water - one glass.
Preparation and use
- Water must be boiled and cooled.
- Seeds are poured with a little warm water.
- The container is closed with a lid and insist such a tool for eight hours.
- Then the drink is filtered.
- To eliminate puffiness, it is necessary to take the drug four times a day, two tablespoons.
Features The tool can be used only as an auxiliary, it must be taken with drugs that reduce blood pressure.
- fresh parsley - 400 g,
- milk - two glasses.
Preparation and use
- Greens need to be chopped.
- The resulting slurry is put in a pan and poured with milk. All greens should be completely immersed in milk.
- On a small fire (you can use a water bath), the mixture is boiled until the volume is halved.
- It is necessary to take a teaspoon every hour.
Features To combat prostatitis, parsley juice is used. This tool can also be used to increase potency. To achieve the best therapeutic effect, parsley treatment is useful to combine with the use of garlic and honey.
- a bunch of fresh parsley,
- water - for breeding.
Preparation and use
- Fresh greens are washed thoroughly.
- Then it is turned into slurry.
- The aromatic mixture is put in gauze and squeezed juice.
- Take one or two teaspoons of the drink half an hour before meals in diluted or pure form. Reception is repeated three times a day. The duration of therapy is 20 days.
Beauticians recommend the use of parsley for mature skin. Parsley-based face masks help smooth out minor wrinkles and protect against the appearance of new wrinkles. In addition, the medicinal herb has pronounced whitening properties. Therefore, it is often used to lighten age spots, freckles.
Features Parsley-based face lotion effectively eliminates oily sheen and is able to treat acne.
- parsley - three branches,
- lemon juice - one teaspoon,
- water - one glass.
Preparation and use
- Parsley is crushed.
- Green raw materials are poured with boiling water.
- The container is put on fire and boiled for 15 minutes.
- The solution is slightly cooled, and only then lemon juice is added to it.
Features A mixture of honey and parsley smooths wrinkles well, prevents the early aging of the dermis.
- parsley (chopped) - two tablespoons,
- honey - two tablespoons.
Preparation and use
- The greens are crushed.
- Fragrant slurry is mixed with honey.
- Such a tool is applied to a cleansed face, for about 15 minutes.
Tincture for hair
Features Alcohol tincture on parsley helps to combat oily hair, normalizes the sebaceous glands. This tool is used to treat seborrhea.
- parsley - 20 g,
- vodka - 200 ml.
- Grind the greens a little.
- Raw materials are poured with vodka.
- If medical alcohol is used, then initially it is diluted with water in the following proportions: 80 ml of alcohol per 120 ml of water.
- The solution was incubated for two weeks. Then the tincture is filtered.
- Two to three times a week, the resulting product is rubbed into the scalp.
Harvesting and storage
Harvesting fragrant greens for the winter can occur in several ways. Although it is worth noting that fresh grass is still most useful. So, the following recipes will help preserve the spicy plant until next year.
- Drying. Greens are well washed. Then it is laid out on a napkin with a thin even layer. Dry grass in a room with good ventilation for two days. Periodically, it must be turned over. Dried grass is stored in a glass or wooden container for a year.
- Freezing The greens are washed and then chopped. The resulting mixture is placed in sealed bags or containers and put in the freezer. Frozen parsley is well preserved at low temperatures throughout the year, and sometimes longer.
Traditional healers, analyzing how parsley is useful for the body, revealed another important property of a green beauty. Juice from fresh herbs can reduce itching and swelling after insect bites. It is enough to apply a compress, and after a few minutes the discomfort will completely disappear.