Pancreatitis and gastritis are diseases of the digestive system, the main cause of which is a violation of the diet, and these diseases are manifested by pain in the abdomen, increased gas formation, impaired stool and other symptoms. A diet for pancreatitis and gastritis is an integral part of the treatment of these diseases.
Causes of gastrointestinal diseases
First you need to understand the causes of these diseases.
Gastritis is an inflammation of the gastric mucosa due to increased production of hydrochloric acid, which leads to digestion of the entire gastrointestinal tract. There are many causes of the disease, but the main ones are:
- Eating spicy, fried and fatty foods,
- Irregular nutrition
- drinking coffee and smoking on an empty stomach,
- Helicobacter pylori infection,
- other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (cholecystitis),
- alcohol abuse
Gastritis is manifested by such symptoms - epigastric pain, especially after eating, belching, bloating, heaviness in the stomach after eating, upset stool (constipation or diarrhea). If gastritis is not treated, then the disease not only violates the ability to work, but can also turn into peptic ulcer.
Since this is a chronic disease, in the absence of treatment and maintaining a diet, the disease will periodically worsen. For the treatment of gastritis, diet food is used. Its main goal is to provide the body with the necessary energy value, I use products that are sparing for the gastric mucosa.
What is pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis is a disease of the pancreas, which is based on a violation of the production of enzymes for the normal digestion of food. Causes of pancreatitis are also a violation of diet, eating fatty foods, alcohol abuse, other gastrointestinal diseases.
- Shingles in the stomach after eating,
- Violation of physiological bowel movements,
- Weight loss,
- Nausea and possible vomiting
- Abdominal cramps due to increased gas formation.
General nutritional advice for gastritis and pancreatitis
Treatment of gastritis and pancreatitis begins with proper nutrition. There are several general recommendations for building a diet for these diseases:
- Food is consumed in small portions, up to 5-6 times a day,
- The diet should contain grated light soups cooked according to a diet recipe, food is not allowed to dry,
- An evening meal includes a light salad or a glass of kefir, no later than 2-3 hours before bedtime,
- Heat treatment of products for a long time - stewed or steamed, fried food is not allowed,
- Dishes are not cooked in fatty broth (the first broth is drained).
To the question whether honey can be used for pancreatitis and gastritis, it should be answered that in the acute stage, honey should not be consumed. With gastritis, honey can sweeten tea or milk, add to casseroles or fruit purees. But with an exacerbation of pancreatitis, honey is not recommended to be consumed, due to the fact that the disease affects the endocrine function of the pancreas, so any sweet foods, including honey, are limited.
Products excluded from the menu
Consider products that can not be included in the menu for exacerbation of gastritis and pancreatitis. Excluded:
- Chocolate, cocoa and coffee,
- Spices (only slightly salted food is allowed)
- Butter rolls, pancakes, fresh bread,
- Mushrooms in any form,
- Boiled eggs (soft-boiled only),
- Fatty cheese and fatty cottage cheese,
- Fresh fruits and berries,
- Raw vegetables (white cabbage, onions, sorrel, cucumbers, beets),
- Fatty fish and meat,
- Pork meat
- Any soda, juices.
The diet with exacerbation of pancreatitis and gastritis is selected very carefully to maintain the calorie content of the food and the balance of nutrition, but at the same time consume food that is sparing for the stomach. So, consider what you can eat with gastritis and pancreatitis.
Diet with exacerbation of gastritis.
In medicine, there are tables designed by M.I. Pevzner - the founder of diet therapy, which are prescribed for various diseases of the internal organs. In chronic gastritis with high acidity, during the exacerbation period, diet No. 1 is used.
Table Feature 1
Diet - in small amounts 6 times a day.
The volume of liquid is 1.5 - 2 liters. Between meals, non-carbonated mineral (weak or medium mineralization) water is recommended throughout the day, weak black tea, stewed fruit and Uzvara.
For breakfast recommend mashed cereals from rice, buckwheat, and oatmeal. Additionally, soft-boiled egg, weak tea with milk and biscuit cookies or crackers.
Cereals are excluded - millet, pearl barley, legumes, corn.
Second breakfast (lunch) - baked apple or cottage cheese casserole, steam omelet. Another option is puree from sweet vegetables (carrots, pumpkin).
Dinner: mashed soup with milk or non-fat broth, steamed meatballs or meatballs and fruit jelly or uzvar.
Snack: decoctions of herbs or fruit mousse, crackers or an unprofitable bun.
Dinner: mashed cereal from allowed cereals in milk, baked or steamed low-fat fish and a glass of tea with milk.
2 hours before bedtime: a glass of skim milk or kefir.
Diet for exacerbation of pancreatitis
In chronic pancreatitis in the acute stage, Pevzner table No. 5 is recommended, which implies fractional sparing nutrition every 2 hours.
Assortment of food
Cereals. Allowed - rice, buckwheat, semolina, oatmeal. From cereals, cereals are prepared in milk diluted in half with water and mucous pureed vegetarian soups.
Prohibited cereals - hercules, barley.
Bakery products. Allowed - yesterday’s wheat bread, biscuit cookies, crackers.
Forbidden - rye and any fresh bread, rolls,
Meat. Allowed - non-fat varieties of poultry (chicken, crawl, beef, turkey, veal).
Prohibited - any kind of pork.
A fish. Allowed - any low-fat fish species (pollock, zander, pike).
Milk. It is allowed to use only in diluted form for cooking cereals and milk soups.
It is forbidden fresh.
Sour-milk products. Allowed - low-fat cottage cheese, kefir, ryazhanka, yogurt, sour cream.
Forbidden - any dairy products of high fat content.
Vegetables. Allowed - only in boiled, stewed or baked form. Potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, beets, cauliflower, zucchini.
Any fresh vegetables are prohibited.
Fruits. Allowed - Baked unsweetened fruits.
Fresh fruits are forbidden.
The drinks. Allowed are weak tea with milk, unsweetened jelly, uzvar, berry compotes, rosehip broth, still mineral water of small and medium mineralization.
Forbidden - alcohol containing drinks, cocoa, whole milk, carbonated drinks
Why is the doctor prescribing a diet
The main cause of gastritis and pancreatitis is the failure to comply with the rules of a healthy meal. Therefore, simultaneously with treatment, the doctor prescribes first a few hungry days, and then a sparing diet.
The drugs prescribed by the doctor will not help a patient who does not follow a diet.
Features of the diet during exacerbation
Exacerbation of gastritis and pancreatitis is accompanied by epigastric pain, heartburn, nausea, and sometimes vomiting. In the early days, doctors recommend that you refrain from eating. The stomach should be at rest.
Then the patient should gradually come out of hunger. Breakfast is required first. The patient is allowed to eat some oatmeal. Food should not be too hot or cold. It is also forbidden to transplant food and add various spices that irritate the gastrointestinal mucosa.
After a few days, lean meat begins to appear on the menu. It must be ground several times and steamed.
Fruits and vegetables are also boiled or baked, then chopped, mashed.
What you need to refuse
With pancreatitis and inflammation of the stomach, it is necessary to abandon bakery products, buns and pies are forbidden.
You can’t eat fatty meat, smoked meats, canned food.
It is necessary to abandon spicy foods, rich broths, mushrooms, legumes.
Of vegetables, you can not white cabbage, radishes, spinach, cucumber.
Patients with pancreatitis and gastritis are forbidden to eat hard cheese, heavy cream.
Banned sweets, cakes, chocolate and other sweets. Of the cereals, those that provoke flatulence can not be - barley, pearl barley, corn.
With pancreatitis, you can not drink strong coffee and tea.
What foods can I eat
With pancreatitis and gastritis, it is allowed to eat:
- lean beef, rabbit meat, quail, turkey, chicken,
- fish and seafood,
- vegetables: potatoes, carrots, broccoli, etc.,
- cereals: oatmeal, buckwheat, rice,
- durum wheat pasta,
- vegetable oils,
- dairy products,
- fruits after heat treatment,
- from sweets: marshmallows, jam,
- from drinks: compote, weak green tea, kissel,
- eggs with a liquid yolk and omelets.
The nutritional rules for pancreatitis and gastritis are as follows:
- At the beginning of the disease, food should be chopped. Dishes must be served in the form of mashed potatoes, minced meat, soufflé.
- Porridge is cooked on the water.
- With pancreatitis and gastritis, vegetables and fruits must be given heat treatment.
- You need to remove from the diet spices and sauces that contain preservatives and dyes.
- To eat with pancreatitis and gastritis you need in small portions, 5 times a day.
- It is better to start the morning with porridge from oatmeal.
- A good helper for a patient with pancreatitis and gastritis will be a printed table with the allowed and prohibited products.
- Breakfast - oatmeal porridge, green tea.
- Snack - yogurt, cracker.
- Lunch - steamed beef cutlets, rice, jelly.
- Snack - an apple with honey, cooked in the oven.
- Dinner - baked meat, kefir.
- Breakfast - soft-boiled egg, cheesecakes, jelly.
- Snack - kefir, oatmeal cookies.
- Lunch - potatoes with meatballs, compote.
- A snack is a banana.
- Dinner - hake fillet baked in the oven with vegetables, green tea.
- Breakfast - carrot and beetroot puree with sea buckthorn, compote.
- Lunch - cottage cheese with a banana.
- Lunch - vegetable soup with cauliflower, green tea.
- Snack - boiled tongue, yesterday's bread with bran.
- Dinner - steamed quail, vegetable stew, stewed fruit.
- Breakfast - oatmeal with liver.
- Snack - yogurt, cracker.
- Lunch - rabbit stewed with vegetables, buckwheat, compote.
- Snack - baked apples.
- Dinner - meatloaf with eggs, boiled broccoli.
- Breakfast - omelet from 2 eggs with herbs, tea.
- Second breakfast - boiled chicken.
- Lunch - turkey liver with mashed potatoes.
- Snack - cottage cheese, jelly.
- Dinner - beef dumplings with cottage cheese.
- Breakfast - oatmeal.
- Snack - fermented baked milk.
- Lunch - mashed soup with vegetables.
- Snack - a piece of boiled beef meat.
- Dinner - souffle of fish.
- Breakfast - buckwheat porridge, compote.
- Snack - cottage cheese casserole.
- Lunch - soup with quail and vegetables.
- Snack - steamed meatballs.
- Dinner - protein omelet, boiled chicken, compote.
Patients with pancreatitis or stomach inflammation are recommended diet food. It is necessary to choose those recipes for dishes, the products of which must be cooked, stewed or baked.
Dishes should be fresh, cooked on the same day, from quality products.
At the initial stages of the disease, it is better to grind meat and fish in a meat grinder several times, and cook porridge with liquid.
To make soup, you need to take low-fat broth. After boiling, the first broth is best drained, since the second is considered more dietary.
Low Acid Soups
To prepare the first dishes for patients with inflammation of the stomach and pancreatitis, you need to take low-fat broth from chicken or quail, some potatoes, oatmeal. You can also add vegetables: zucchini, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, pumpkin, etc. Such mucous soups are well boiled and whipped with a blender.
Similarities and differences in diets for pancreatitis and gastritis of various acidity
For pancreatitis and gastritis, nutritional recommendations may vary. It all depends on the acidity of the gastritis in the patient. So, with gastritis with low acidity, you can include kefir, yogurt, cottage cheese in the diet. Whole milk should be discarded.
With high acidity, it is not recommended to use fermented milk products, but you can cook porridge in fresh milk, add the product to tea.
Nutrition for gastritis and pancreatitis
Gastritis and pancreatitis are two diseases that are accompanied by acute inflammation of the stomach and pancreas. Basically, these ailments appear due to the wrong lifestyle and the food that we eat. Therefore, to prevent inflammation of the digestive tract, you need to completely review the diet.
Daily nutrition should be completely balanced for the normal functioning of the body, that is, you can not give up fats and carbohydrates. A diet for pancreatitis and gastritis can be prescribed by doctors, and you can independently select and exclude some products that cause an exacerbated state of the gastrointestinal tract.
For starters - the rejection of fatty and spicy foods. You can use the same foods as usual, but gradually abandoning spices, mayonnaise, ketchup. Steaming will be useful not only for general health, but also for people struggling with excess weight. Vegetables and low-fat meats and fish should form the basis of the daily diet of an adult. It is advisable to exclude table salt, replacing it with iodized. Sugar can be replaced with honey. The diet for gastrointestinal diseases does not imply the rejection of all your favorite foods, it limits the consumption of fats and additives that make the taste more saturated.
The basis of the diet for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, in particular, gastritis and inflammation of the pancreas, should be protein.
If you can’t refuse spices, then you can restrict yourself to black pepper, which in small quantities is even useful for the intestines. Protein is well and quickly absorbed by the body and is an important component of any muscle, and the stomach is a kind of muscle. Boiled eggs, boiled fish and white poultry should be in the daily lunch or dinner of a person suffering from inflammatory processes of the gastrointestinal tract.
Features of the diet for pancreatitis and gastritis
Patients with a diagnosis of gastritis and pancreatitis should follow the diet recommended by their doctor. In addition to a certain list of products, you must also follow some principles that will help you recover faster. First of all, with pancreatitis and gastritis, there should be at least 6 meals per day. You need to eat in small portions, carefully chewing food. Negative effects on health and general well-being are capable of quick snacks and food on the go. Important is the method of cooking. When dieting, it is permissible to eat only baked or boiled dishes. It is better to refuse fried food. The temperature of food consumed should not be too high or low. During periods of exacerbation, it is better to grind food with a blender. The last meal is no later than 2 hours before a night's rest.
The diet for gastritis and pancreatitis implies restrictions on the list of consumed ingredients. The diet should be only those components that have a gentle effect on the mucous membrane and contribute to its restoration and healing of wounds.Coarse, irritating foods are prohibited by diet. For a quick recovery and prevention of relapse, you need to carefully monitor the diet for gastritis and pancreatitis. The slightest deviation from the allowed list can harm the stomach and pancreas.
What can I eat with gastritis and pancreatitis?
The diet for pancreatitis and gastritis allows you to use only easily digestible products and recipes based on them. These include bread from premium flour, crackers and "yesterday's" biscuit cake. Vegetables can be consumed almost everything, steamed or in the oven. No more than 2-3 times a week, a patient with pancreatitis and gastritis can eat fresh tomatoes. Soups can be consumed only on the basis of vegetable decoctions or with the addition of milk. Meat broths are allowed only in low concentrations. You can add pasta, cereals and meat to the soup. It is better to cook porridge from semolina, rice, buckwheat or oatmeal. Refuel during the diet they are allowed with butter or vegetable oil.
Meat products should be of minimum fat content - chicken, turkey, rabbit, veal or beef. Fish should also contain no more than 8% fat. Dairy and dairy products during the diet are consumed in any quantity, but their fat content should be minimal. Fruits can only be eaten after heat treatment, and they must be ripe. For dessert, with a diet, it is allowed to eat a small amount of honey, jam, marshmallows or homemade fruit jelly. As a drink, fruit compotes, Uzvars, weak tea or cocoa for gastritis and pancreatitis are used.
Approximate menu for 1 day with pancreatitis
Breakfast: semolina porridge (options - oat, rice, buckwheat) without butter and sugar and weak tea without sugar or unsweetened compote.
Secondbreakfast (lunch): steamed omelet
Dinner: slimy soup on the water and mashed boiled vegetables (beets, carrots, pumpkin, cauliflower) and unsweetened uzvar.
High tea: mashed baked apple
Dinner: mashed porridge in milk (half with water) and broth from rose hips
2 hours before bedtime: unsweetened jelly or low-fat kefir.
We examined the basic recommendations on how to eat with pancreatitis and gastritis. Please note that dietary supplement complements the basic medication prescribed by your doctor. But it should be remembered that a diet should be not only at the time of exacerbation of gastrointestinal diseases, but constantly, to prevent relapse of the disease.
What will have to refuse?
With inflammation of the stomach and pancreas, as well as with cholecystitis, any baking and pies fall under the ban. Diet involves the rejection of first courses based on meat or mushroom broths. You also need to forget about borsch, hodgepodge and pickle. Cereals and ingredients that cause bloating (corn, barley, beans, peas) should not be eaten, as the disease may worsen. Pork, along with duck or goose, has a high percentage of fat content. Such meat should be excluded from the diet.
White cabbage is not suitable for patients, since it is irritating to the mucosa.
Vegetables such as cucumber, radish, spinach, cabbage and mushrooms are irritants to the mucosa. It is impossible to treat gastritis and pancreatitis and eat hard cheeses. Raw fruits, as well as unripe fruits from food should be removed. Chocolate, ice cream and any sweet muffin are likewise banned. You can not drink sparkling water, strong coffee or tea, so as not to overload the body. Alcoholic beverages are unacceptable, as they are not combined with medicines.
The main condition for the daily menu is that it should not exceed 2500 kcal. Consider an example of dietary nutrition:
- For the first meal, a piece of bread with a glass of homemade yogurt or another sour-milk drink is acceptable. For a snack a small bunch of grapes will do.
- An afternoon snack is made up of fruits, along with a sour-milk drink.
- For lunch, rice or buckwheat porridge with boiled fish, which is acceptable for a diet, will be a good option. Garnish will be vegetables baked in the oven.
- You can have dinner with steamed fish and potatoes. If desired, replace the seafood with lean meat.
- 2 hours before the rest, you should eat fruit.
Other daily nutrition options
The next option for the daily diet for diseases such as gastritis and pancreatitis:
- For breakfast, steam cutlets based on lean meat. As an addition - oatmeal. Drink tea with a slice of lemon or cocoa.
- The lunch diet consists of cottage cheese pudding and a herb-based drink.
- Dinner. The first is rice soup based on vegetable or weak meat broth. On the second - steamed fish with beetroot salad. Serve a baked apple as a dessert.
- As the last meal, beef with vegetable stew is suitable. Drink to make a compote of fresh fruits.
- At night, a glass of homemade yogurt or low-fat kefir is useful.
Diversify the daily diet with a diet as follows:
- In the morning, cook a steam omelet with oatmeal porridge. As a drink, take tea or cocoa.
- For an afternoon snack, it is permissible to combine the cottage cheese with milk.
- Lunch consists of soup based on vegetable broth with buckwheat or rice cereal. On the second serve fish, steamed or in the oven, with a side dish.
- Dinner menu: baked meat with carrot puree and tea,
- Before going to bed, you can drink yogurt without additives or low-fat kefir.
Despite the restrictions in the list of consumed products, the recipes for possible meals from them are quite diverse. It is useful to use them not only for patients diagnosed with gastritis and pancreatitis, but also for healthy people as an unloading of the intestines. With a beautiful serving, such dishes will effectively decorate any table.
Cauliflower soup with diet
Ingredients: water - 2 liters (1 - for soup, 1 - for cooking chicken), potatoes - 2 pieces, carrots, cauliflower, chicken, salt, greens. Cooking algorithm: pour chicken meat with water and bring to a boil. After this, drain the water, rinse the fillet and throw it back into the water with the addition of salt. After the chicken is ready, grind it in a meat grinder or using a blender. Wash the vegetables, chop the potatoes with a medium cube, grate the carrots, and divide the cabbage into inflorescences. In boiled water, throw the chopped ingredients and cook until half cooked. After draining a little water and beat the mixture with a blender. Put the soup on the fire again and add the minced chicken. Serve with greens.
Meatballs with meat for stomach problems
Components: lean meat, onions, salt, greens. Preparation: meat of low-fat varieties allowed during the diet, grind in a meat grinder, preferably twice. Finely chop the onion and mix in the minced meat. If desired, onions can also be passed through a meat grinder. Finely chop the greens and add to the meat. Salt and mix thoroughly. Roll small meatballs from the resulting meat and steam until tender. Serve with garnish or porridge based on cereals used in the diet.
"Lazy" dumplings for patients with pancreatitis
You will need: cottage cheese with a minimum fat content of 200 grams, flour - 1 tablespoon, an egg - 1 piece, sour cream, sugar. Grind cottage cheese with a blender or using a sieve. In the resulting mass, mix the egg, flour and sugar. Form a long sausage from the curd mixture and cut it into 3-5 cm slices. Throw the dumplings into the boiled liquid. As they become ready, take out and put on a colander. When the liquid drains pour over sour cream. When serving, you can add fruits that can be with gastritis and pancreatitis.
Baked fruits for gastritis
Ingredients: apple or other fruit - 2 pieces, sugar, homemade jam. Cooking algorithm: wash the fruits and cut the middle. If desired, you can cut the apples in half and make boats. Pour sugar into the resulting recess. Put in the oven at a temperature of 180 degrees. Bake until cooked. When serving, pour a small amount of jam allowed during the diet.
Experienced mothers and grandmothers always strive to introduce hot cereals and liquid dishes into the child’s diet, excluding harmful, fatty, fried foods. With age, no one especially watches the diet, and nutrition converges to sandwiches and instant foods. It is in such situations that the risk of acute pancreatitis and gastritis increases significantly. Diseases can occur in two forms - the initial and chronic stages.
Having diagnosed these two diseases with an experienced doctor, you must immediately abandon the main pathogens, namely spices, alcohol, acids and other irritating ingredients.
Even if you do not have the opportunity to undergo a full diagnosis and treatment, and there are problems and pains, you need to immediately adjust your diet, include new recipes and cooking methods. First of all, you need to abandon everything fried, fatty, spicy and salty. Gastritis and pancreatitis also makes itself felt to fans of the "dry man." With such problems with the gastrointestinal tract, you must definitely consume more liquid food - soups and broths. Liquid cereals, vegetable sautés, pasta, meatballs, meat and fish - steamed, are also allowed. You need to eat slowly and often, in small portions.
The diet for pancreatitis and gastritis should consist of a strictly list of foods that are allowed without causing increased acidity of the stomach and painful symptoms. To completely exclude from your diet you need carbonated drinks, alcohol, pickles, canned food, chocolate, sausages, sour juices, mayonnaise, mustard and confectionery.
A huge amount of food products must be properly thermally processed and only dishes that are allowed by the diet can be prepared from them:
- Flour products. Allowed only premium bread, dry biscuits, biscuit cookies, inedible buns,
- First meal. You can cook soups without broth, with vegetables, noodles, with a small amount of lean meat. It is rarely possible to season soups with egg yolk, butter, or sour cream with low acidity. Borsch, okroshka, pickles are strictly prohibited,
- Cereals. You can enter rice, oat, semolina and buckwheat porridge in the menu. Pearl barley, corn porridge is unacceptable, as well as beans (soy, peas, beans),
- Meat. It is allowed to use beef, chicken, rabbit and fish in boiled or baked form. Pork, smoked meats and various canned foods are strictly prohibited,
- Milk products. Allowed only whole milk, sour curd, sour cream, yogurt,
- The eggs. You can use steam omelettes or soft-boiled eggs. The allowed amount is 2 eggs per day,
- Vegetables. It is allowed to steam or boil potatoes, beets, non-acidic tomatoes, cabbage, pumpkin and zucchini,
- Fruits. It can be consumed raw, mashed, wiped, cook jelly and stewed fruit. Dried fruits and unripe fruits are prohibited,
- Sweet dishes. A good alternative would be honey, sugar, jam, milk and fruit jelly, and cream,
- Fats. Allowed the use and preparation of dishes in vegetable, ghee and butter,
- The drinks. Never drink alcoholic and carbonated drinks. Limit coffee, tea, and juices. Decoctions, berry juices, weak tea with cream are allowed.
The main features of the diet for gastritis
Gastritis is associated with inflammation of the walls of the stomach. Therefore, it is important to take food that will not irritate them even more and will contribute to their recovery.
Food should not be spicy and salty, not hot and not cold. It must be thoroughly chewed. After all, “grated” foods in the mouth will be digested much faster, relieving the burden of the inflamed organ.
Pancreatitis Nutrition Rules
With chronic pancreatitis, a person can live for a long time. Sometimes there are periods of exacerbation when it is extremely important to switch to the most strict diet.
It is necessary to eat in the chronic form of the disease as described above: to exclude all products irritating and loading the pancreas.
In situations where the disease becomes acute, the usual diet needs to be tightened. It is also recommended to analyze what caused the exacerbation. Perhaps some products from the daily menu provoked him. Therefore, you need to adjust your daily diet.
Features of the diet for cholecystitis
Inflammation of the gallbladder is removed by excluding unhealthy foods from everyday eating. All dishes need to be steamed or boiled. This will reduce the production of bile.
You can eat vegetables, fruits, low-fat foods (meat, fish, dairy products). Heavy food (mushrooms, pork) is recommended to be excluded from the diet.
An approximate daily diet and a list of allowed and prohibited foods will be given to you by a doctor.
Diet No. 5 and treatment of the gastrointestinal tract
All gastrointestinal diseases are closely related. If one disease occurs, it can cause another as a complication. Therefore, table No. 5 is prescribed to patients who have a diagnosis associated with the digestive system. This diet not only helps eliminate the disease, but also prevents other disorders from developing.
Features of the development of gastritis and pancreatitis
Many diseases frighteningly “get younger”. Gastritis is diagnosed even in three year old children. With gastritis, pancreatitis and cholecystitis, maintenance therapy and a therapeutic diet are necessarily prescribed.
Characteristic symptoms of gastritis: pain in the solar plexus, nausea or vomiting, halitosis, problems with bowel movements, heartburn. Causes of gastritis:
- Infectious diseases.
- Abuse of junk food.
- Bad habits.
- Disturbed diet.
- Gastrointestinal diseases, etc.
Symptoms for pancreatitis and cholecystitis are similar: nausea, pain in the hypochondrium, fever, burping air, metallic taste in the mouth. With pancreatitis and cholecystitis, the patient has problems with stools, general weakness, insomnia. The production of enzymes is disrupted, the body can not cope with its functions. The causes of pancreatitis are as follows:
- Increased load on the pancreas (fried, fatty, smoked foods).
- Intoxication of the body.
- Bad habits.
- Past infectious diseases.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Non-observance of the regime of the day, etc.
Both diseases have two forms: acute and chronic. You can alleviate your condition only with complex therapy.
The diet for gastritis and pancreatitis in general is similar:
- You need to eat fractionally - 5-6 times a day. Stop the habit of chewing on the go or snacking on a soft drink.
- You can’t eat very hot or very cold food, the dish should be at room temperature.
- Food must be chewed carefully. During exacerbation of gastritis, grind at all on a blender so as not to burden a sick stomach.
- It is not advisable to eat dense and liquid food at the same time: eat porridge - wait an hour, and only then drink tea or compote. You violate the already not the best proportion of gastric juice and hydrochloric acid.
- Every day, try to follow a diet, eat at the same time. Remember to drink: patients are shown not only water, but also diluted juices, herbal teas and decoctions.
- Do not overeat at night: foods rich in carbohydrates, try to eat in the morning. For lunch and dinner, prepare protein-rich foods. The last meal is 2 hours before bedtime.
- The main principle of the diet for pancreatitis and gastritis is a healthy diet.Fatty foods are poorly absorbed by the body and overload the digestive system. Better to steam, cook or stew. From the diet exclude fried, smoked and spicy.
- The minimum calorie content is 2300 kcal.
- First courses - low-fat soups (chicken, with meatballs, vegetables, noodles, buckwheat).
- Bread - dietary black causes fermentation in the stomach, it must be replaced with yesterday's dried white.
- Low-fat chicken, beef, turkey, veal, rabbit meat.
- Fish - pike, hake, pangasius, pollock and other low-fat varieties.
- Eggs (no more than 2 pieces per day).
- The menu should include fermented milk products - cheese, kefir, cottage cheese, yogurt.
- 1-2 tsp. You can use olive, pumpkin, sunflower oil, 10 g of butter. Read about the benefits of pumpkin oil here: The benefits and harms of pumpkin oil.
- Vegetables are most often boiled and mashed in mashed potatoes. You can eat pumpkin, tomatoes, potatoes, zucchini, beets, cauliflower.
- From fruits, you can recommend apples, bananas, peaches, berries. Most often they are baked or made by compotes, fruit drinks, jellies.
- From sweets you can biscuit cookies, marshmallows, marmalade.
The diet for gastritis with high acidity is adjusted by the doctor. Excluded are products that stimulate the formation of gastric juice. With an exacerbation of pancreatitis or gastritis, it is recommended to stand one day on a hungry diet, on the second day the menu includes liquid soups, cereals and jelly.
From the diet you need to exclude:
- Fatty meat and fish.
- Mushrooms, cabbage, bell pepper, turnip, radish, spinach and sorrel.
- Smoked meats, canned food, sausage.
- Spicy spices.
- Baking, pastries, sweets.
- Rye bread.