Pain in the stomach with different pathologies have their own characteristics. A detailed description of abdominal pain in a person will help to quickly make the correct diagnosis, prescribe an effective treatment. Symptoms of pain in the stomach and their characteristics:
- the nature of the soreness of the stomach.
The objectivity of such a symptom is doubtful, since each person has a different threshold of sensitivity. With gastritis, the pain is subtle - a patient for a long period may not treat the pathology. Non-intense soreness is observed with cancer formation. With ulcerative pathology of the stomach, the pain is stronger, the patient is forced to consult a specialist for help. An ulcer with perforation can cause a shock state of the patient. Background diseases (diabetes mellitus), previous surgical interventions can reduce the symptom of pain until it completely disappears.
Any pathology of the stomach has its own characteristic of pain. Chronic gastritis is characterized by aching pain, heaviness in the abdomen, bursting. Burning painful sensations in gastritis indicate the appearance of solaritis (increased acidity and activity of hydrochloric acid). The symptoms of pain and abdominal discomfort in the development of pancreatitis, colitis, cholecystitis are amplified.
The ulcer is characterized by sharp and cramping pains in the stomach. With ulcer perforation, the syndrome acquires a sharp and dagger character. Pain in the stomach of a prickly, cutting and cramping nature also occurs with chronic duodenitis.
Discomfort in the abdomen and intestines indicates the development of dysbiosis. Identifying the true cause of the appearance of such a symptom will help to prescribe an effective treatment for such a pathology. Discomfort can also occur with dyspepsia and irritable bowel syndrome. Dyspepsia is a functional disorder of the digestive tract. It can develop against a background of ulcers, chronic pancreatitis, cholelithiasis and gastroesophageal reflux pathology.
Functional dyspepsia occurs with an unbalanced diet, prolonged stress, taking certain drugs. Depending on the abuse of a certain food, dyspepsia is classified into the following subspecies:
- fatty - occurs when consuming a large amount of fat,
- putrefactive - occurs after the abuse of protein foods,
- fermentation - from excess in the diet of carbohydrates.
Human dyspepsia is characterized by heaviness in the stomach, bloating. Possible nausea, vomiting. Irritable bowel syndrome is another cause of abdominal discomfort. The cause of this pathology can be stress, trauma, vegetovascular dystonia. Often a pathology can provoke an intestinal infection, poisoning. Doctors distinguish the following symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome:
- discomfort and abdominal pain,
- alternating constipation and diarrhea,
- bloating, which intensifies after eating,
- depression, anxiety,
- migraine, dizziness,
- nausea, heaviness in the stomach,
- lump in throat, panic.
To alleviate the condition of the patient, a diet correction is performed, it is recommended to take sedatives, enzymatic medicines. The scheme of symptomatic therapy is determined in each case individually.
Symptoms and Diseases
The causes of the development of pain in the stomach are associated with various pathologies. Gastritis is asymptomatic for a long time. Then there is a dull, aching pain. Soreness is aggravated after acidic, fried foods. At the end of the meal, the stomach is bursting. The patient often spits up. Characterized by heartburn, an unpleasant aftertaste in the mouth, a tendency to constipation. The main symptoms of pathology:
- weakness, fatigue,
- nervousness, irritability,
- blood pressure differences
- drowsiness, pallor of the skin and mucous membranes,
- excessive sweating
- tongue burning
- numbness and cramps in the limbs.
Peptic ulcer is characterized by severe soreness that occurs several hours after a meal. There are also “hungry” pains, when soreness develops when one wants to eat and disappears immediately during meals. Periods of exacerbations (spring, autumn) may be observed. Patients are tormented by belching sour and heartburn. Nausea and vomiting are possible.
Appetite decreases, the patient loses weight. If acute, dagger pain occurs, we can talk about the development of ulcer perforation (an opening develops, the contents of the stomach pass into the abdominal cavity). This is a deadly complication, unbearable soreness. Immediate surgery is required.
Polyps in the stomach are a rare pathology that is characterized by pain in the abdomen of a aching nature. Often nausea, vomiting, bleeding develops. With oncological neoplasms, persistent, non-intense, but constant pain is observed. Initially, the appetite decreases, patients are quickly saturated with a small amount of food. There is heaviness in the stomach, poor digestion of food. Anemia develops, an aversion to meat food, body temperature rises (up to 38 ° C). In the terminal stages, such tumors cause bleeding. There is vomiting of blood, feces becomes black.
Infectious pathology occurs on the background or after a viral and bacterial disease (this condition is called "intestinal flu"). The pain is spasmodic, cramping in nature, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting are possible, body temperature increases.
- Functional imbalance occurs against the background of overeating, with abuse of alcohol. Soreness is oppressive. The patient feels pressure in the stomach, a feeling of fullness. Nausea and vomiting are possible. Constipation and flatulence develop.
- Poisoning is characterized by sharp and intense pain. Nausea and severe vomiting appear. Sweating, weakness, and malaise develop. On average, the first symptoms of poisoning appear after 2 hours after a meal. The clinic of poisoning will depend on the nature of the substance that caused the poisoning. Often there is a headache, dizziness, loss of consciousness is possible.
- Soreness can occur with intolerance to certain substances (lactose). Patients at risk cannot consume dairy products. They develop flatulence, bloating, loose stools. Nausea and vomiting increase. The pain has a aching character of medium intensity.
- With pancreatitis, soreness is localized in the upper abdomen, it may have a girdle character. Severe and intense pain often radiates to the back. The patient is concerned about bloating, vomiting and nausea, an increase in body temperature, a drop in pressure (in advanced cases). The reason for this condition is the inability of the gland to produce enough enzymes.
- The cause of colitis is a large intestine infection. Constant rumbling, flatulence, bloating, blood in the feces is characteristic. Concerned about the frequent urge to defecate. There is colitis on the background of stress, allergies or a hereditary predisposition.
- The diaphragm is a muscle organ that separates the chest and abdominal cavities. With poor blood supply, a spasm may occur in this organ. This is manifested by a strong, sharp pain of a shooting character. Such soreness intensifies with deep breathing and a sharp change in body position. Often, pain in the abdomen in children develops against the background of emotions, stress, and fear of school. In this case, the pain is spasmodic, cramping in nature, frequent urge to defecate is possible.
- "Hungry pain" is diagnosed with gastritis, stomach ulcer, develops in the stomach. The syndrome has a prickly and sucking character, less often cramping. More often, the syndrome disturbs at night, early in the morning. Soreness increases significantly with physical exertion, errors in the diet (the use of acute, fatty, fried, sour).
If such a symptom occurs, you should immediately consult a doctor. Only after a thorough examination will complex treatment be prescribed.
Moderate pain does not cause much discomfort, so patients self-medicate, taking painkillers.
Such a sign indicates the development of gastritis, ulcers or lesions of organs adjacent to the stomach.
A sharp, burning pain can occur when poisoning with poisons or poor-quality food, and a sharp dagger pain is a sign of ulcer perforation. Such pathologies require immediate hospitalization, since they are extremely life-threatening. Refusal of examination is a direct way to progression and aggravation of the condition. In some cases, the doctor may state death.