Many people know the situation when they are tormented by constipation, it doesn’t pass for a long time and nothing helps to eliminate it, to make the intestines work properly. What to do in this case? Experts believe that the problem is psychological. Many causes can provoke fecal congestion, the resumption of defecation is directly related to their elimination.
When constipation does not go away and nothing helps to eliminate fecal blockages, it is necessary to change the tactics of treatment. It is always symptomatic, but it is important to conduct a complex therapy to solve the problem. It consists in following a certain diet, in increasing the drinking regimen, in activating motor activity. If all recommendations are strictly followed, and constipation does not go away, what should I do? Look for mistakes made in the process of struggle. If they are not there, it is necessary to consult a doctor and decide with him why nothing helps with constipation, what should be done to restore intestinal motility?
As a rule, a doctor (a gastroenterologist or a proctologist) does not help anything from traditional medicine and the syndrome does not go away, in order to identify the causes, he first very carefully listens to the patient and asks him certain questions. It is important for him to know:
- How often the patient is suffering from constipation.
- What is the consistency of feces (ragged, chunks, balls or homogeneous).
- Are there any situations when there is a urge to have a bowel movement, but for some reason it is ignored and nothing happens.
- How much you need to straighten in order to feces out.
- What diet is observed.
- Does time go in for sports?
- Do pains exist when they arise, before or after the defecation passes.
- How long tormented constipation, which means did not help get rid of him.
The results of the survey in many cases make it possible to understand why the indisposition does not pass, what to do next. Then follow the detailed recommendations that should allow to restore the intestinal microflora. For treatment, the time when it ends is determined, the adult patient should go to the doctor again and tell whether the chosen tactics of therapy helps or does not help, when constipation continues to torment and nothing changes in the patient's life, instrumental diagnostics will help to understand what to do. .
Briefly about the problem
Healthy people have their own individual toilet attendance regularity. It directly depends on a person’s way of life., working conditions, habits. To solve such a delicate problem, there is a huge variety of effective techniques.
Each organism is individual, and a person must listen to himself in order to know how to eliminate constipation in the intestines better than a doctor.
It is worth noting that some methods will work for one patient, while for another they will be absolutely useless.
To solve this issue, it is necessary to consider the problem from different angles.
With all the recommendations in order to improve the stimulation of emptying, within three months and lack of results, you should seriously think about the presence of serious pathologies.
Do not forget that the hardening of fecal masses is a symptom of a certain disease, and not an independent disease.
How to get rid quickly
When this unpleasant phenomenon occurs, a person is not worried about turning to doctors, but about achieving the main result. Therefore, before going to the doctor everyone is helpful to know what helps quickly with constipation. If the problem took you by surprise, then use the following recommendations:
- Take a spoonful of castorca oil. This product has long been used as an effective cure for constipation.
- Take magnesium sulfate: dissolve the sachet in water. Consult with your doctor beforehand.
- Take a decoction of dandelion roots.
How to get rid of constipation in five minutes, that is, as quickly as possible? This can help the enema. Add some vaseline oil to the water. Emptying will not take long.
What well helps from constipation at home? First of all, you need to completely review your diet. It is necessary to know well which products cause stagnant processes and which on the contrary prevent them.
List of products to be excluded:
- Alcohol, coffee, black tea.
- Mayonnaise and various spicy seasonings.
- Protein products: meat, eggs, rich broths.
- Smoked products, pickles and preservatives.
- Baked goods and cereals.
Foods that need to be included in their daily menu:
- Freshly squeezed juices from vegetables and fruits, taken on an empty stomach in the morning.
- Dairy products: yogurt, kefir, cottage cheese, sour cream, etc.
- Foods rich in fiber: vegetables and fruits.
- Jam and honey.
- Vegetable salads.
- Olive and vegetable oil.
- Dietary meat in baked or boiled form.
- Liquid dishes: soups on a weak broth, borscht, cabbage soup.
- Rye bread.
Every organism requires for its full functioning sufficient water intake. If a person does not provide himself with a proper drinking regimen, then the necessary fluid will be absorbed from the intestines. Accordingly, fecal masses will be severely dehydrated.
In the digestive tract will appear areas of collection of fecal stones. Therefore, a more intensive fermentation process, rotting, reproduction of fungi, conditionally pathogenic microflora, parasites will be caused.
Today there is enough information that everyone needs to drink at least one and a half liters of pure water per day. With prolonged constipation, this phenomenon can be overcome by an effective and affordable method. You just need to drink water in the recommended amount. But, nevertheless, this method has several limitations. It should not be practiced by persons suffering from kidney and heart failure.
First, try to drink a little more water than you usually do. Exclude from the menu salted, fatty, fried. Drink water thirty minutes before meals. You can also do this two hours after eating.
Over the course of two months, it will become noticeable how your chair got better. Add berries, fruits and vegetables to the menu.
The problem is successfully amenable to treatment with mineral water. This is very effective, especially if the water from the source. Prefer water without gas.
Sport and massage
With the development of technology, humanity began to lead a sedentary lifestyle. However, physical activity is an excellent prevention of constipation. People are justified by the lack of time to visit the gyms, many lack the strength even to just walk at the end of the working day.
For such people, a special set of Bodyflex exercises was developed, which can be done with constipation. These are very simple actions with breathing technique, in which the internal organs and the digestive tract are massaged.
How to quickly get rid of constipation in 15 minutes, tell a yoga expert. Separating each day for a quarter of an hour to exercise, you can achieve good results:
- Tighten muscles.
- Restore body weight.
- Improve the functionality of the digestive system.
Well-being and massage, which can be done at home:
- Perform a circular motion clockwise for a minute, pressing his right palm on the stomach.
- With both hands from the ribs to the lower abdomen gently press down the body, creating an imaginary triangle.
- In the evening, in order to prevent constipation, it is possible to make stroking of the abdomen from the chest to the pubic zone from top to bottom.
- A very effective exercise called a bicycle, which also eliminates congestion in the intestines.
When the home remedies listed above do not help, it is important to know what to drink for constipation from medications. Such tactics are undertaken only in rare and severe cases, as decided by the doctor.
Fortunately, the choice of drugs today allows you to choose an effective tool. But how to understand what is best to take to achieve maximum effect without harm to health.
Today, there are a lot of laxative medicines for constipation. They are both artificial and vegetable origin. By the nature of their effectiveness are classified into:
- Drugs irritant. They have a stimulating effect on the intestines, contribute to the irritation of the mucous membranes and muscles.
- Prebiotics are considered the most harmless and recommended remedies. Provide soft stools and restore the intestinal microflora.
- Fillers increase the size of the intestines, but not everyone helps. For chronic constipation, it is better to choose another medicine.
- Osmolytic drugs. These are salt-based products that are used to clean the intestines before various medical actions.
- Phytopreparations: herbal, dietary supplements. When choosing these tools, you must consider the possibility of allergies.
- Candles laxative against constipation. Provide quick results within 5-20 minutes.
If prolonged constipation occurs on the background of hemorrhoids, then creams and ointments for this ailment can also provide gentle emptying.
How to solve the problem delicious
Many people wonder what to eat from constipation quickly, which puzzles them. Few people know that the problem can be solved in pleasant ways:
- Drink a glass of kefir before bedtime. A spoon of vegetable oil is always added to the drink. The method is effective and easy to use.
- Americans know well what to drink urgently from constipation. They are treated with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice, and after 15 minutes they eat a portion of oatmeal.
- Very useful and tasty fruits: grapes, plums, apricots, prunes, cope with constipation with a bang. You can make a mixture of them by scrolling the dried ingredients through a meat grinder.
- Prepare rowan syrup. Add sugar to the fruit and leave for a month, squeeze, add 0.25 ml of alcohol. Dilute this syrup with water and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
Tortured constipation? The delay in a chair that lasts for more than two days is a significant reason to start treatment at home.
Enema, though extremely unpleasant, but an effective and effective method of eliminating the problem.
Types of enemas that will help remove constipation:
- Oily. Any vegetable oil (sunflower, olive, vaseline) is injected into the rectum. Laxative effect is expected within 12 hours.
- Salt. Salt is added to pure warm water, after complete dissolution, the liquid is ready for use. Laxative effect is expected within 30 minutes after entering the rectum.
- Cleansing. It is carried out as a last resort, if the first two (oil and salt) did not bring the expected result. This enema will require an Esmarch cup and water.
Oil and salt enemas stimulate the contraction of the intestinal walls, resulting in a natural excretion of feces. A cleansing enema just flushes feces from the intestines. With frequent use of this method of deliverance, a "lazy bowel syndrome" occurs.
Why does constipation become chronic?
With the wrong treatment tactics, constipation enters a stage of a chronic process. Symptoms of chronic bowel disorder are observed in a patient from 3 months to the recovery period of bowel function.
Chronic stool retention is manifested in a disorder in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, resulting in a decrease in the motor function of the intestine.
The diagnosis of chronic constipation is made on the basis of the following diagnostic criteria.
- In one case of four, the act of defecation is accompanied by severe straining.
- Fecal masses in scant amounts in the form of "sheep" feces.
- The consistency of feces is dense.
- Bowel movement occurs 1-2 times a week.
- The act of defecation ends with a feeling of incomplete bowel movement.
- A fecal plug forms in the rectal area.
- Fecal masses are evacuated by finger extraction.
The presence of three symptoms persisting for 3 months indicates the formation of a chronic pathological process.
Against the background of chronic stool retention, the following conditions develop that require emergency medical care:
- inflammation of hemorrhoids,
- anal fissures,
- crack infection,
- neoplasms in the colon.
For the effectiveness of the treatment of chronic disorders of the stool requires an integrated approach, which includes:
- diet therapy
- physiotherapy methods
- increase physical activity.
In the absence of one of the methods, there will be no desired therapeutic effect. To restore the natural urge to defecate, the main cause of stool disorders should be eliminated.
Treatment of the chronic process should be directed to the restoration of the intestines and other organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
Due to the complex therapy, the general immunity of the body is increased, the work of the nervous system is normalized, which improves the psychological state.
The reasons for the lack of therapeutic effect of laxative
Laxatives are the most common drugs, although they do have some side effects. Overdose or systematic use of a laxative is addictive.
When selecting a drug to maximize its effectiveness, you should consult with your doctor.
The reasons for the ineffectiveness of laxative drugs.
- Self-medication. The main problem of chronic disorders of the chair. People believe that there is no need to visit the clinic and get tested. Without special diagnostic methods, the patient cannot know the true cause of constipation and the disease progresses.
- Frequent use of the same drug. This causes the body to become addictive, as a result of which the independent motor function of the digestive tract is impaired.
- Bad approach. When treating disorders of the stool, people do not approach the problem in a comprehensive manner, and it is precisely with the use of all methods of treatment that the therapeutic effect is achieved.
- Uncontrolled intake of laxative. This leads to a further permanent increase in dosage.
Laxative ineffectiveness irritant
Drug irritants are highly addictive, more often than other groups of drugs, especially with prolonged use.
People suffering from the problem of constipation, most often buy exactly annoying laxatives, because they have a pronounced and rapid action.
As a rule, experts prescribe funds in the case when the patient has atony of intestines.
Uncontrolled reception of irritants is addictive, which further reduces the effectiveness of the laxative and leads to a decrease in the smooth muscle tone of the colon.
To avoid an overdose of drugs and laxatives, you should seek the advice of a specialist.
The ineffectiveness of osmotic drugs
The digestive tract is difficult to tolerate the action of the components of the drug, however, it does not have significant complications.
This group of drugs also has side effects that are manifested by a violation of the electrolyte composition of the body, which leads to dehydration.
Doctors recommend using them for a one-time cleansing of the body from fecal masses during acute food intoxication.
Reception of means, contraindicated during pregnancy, patients suffering from cardiovascular pathologies and children.
Complications after enema
When suffering from constipation, a person is ready to take all measures to quickly get rid of fecal congestion.
Most often at home, patients use the technique of setting a cleansing enema, but uncontrolled use of the method can aggravate the condition.
Before setting the enema, you need to consult a doctor, as there are many contraindications.
Forced cleansing of the intestines with the wrong choice of solution can harm the beneficial microflora. The constant use of enemas weakens the tone of the colon, which reduces peristalsis.
The right approach to treatment
What a person does when nothing at all helps from constipation. First of all, you need to visit a doctor who will help to identify the cause of stool disorders using instrumental and laboratory diagnostic methods so as not to get out of trouble.
The advantages of the research are highly informative, which will help determine the state of the rectum, large intestine and the presence of the inflammatory process in them.
After identifying the cause, the doctor will help you choose an individual treatment regimen, taking into account the characteristics of the patient.
Therapeutic measures consist in an integrated approach to the disease, they include an individual diet, magneto-vacuum therapy, acupuncture, massage, folk remedies.
Benefits of complex therapy
- Restoration of normal bowel movements.
- Elimination of difficulties during stool.
- Improved digestion.
- Normalization of metabolic processes.
- Rejection of laxatives and enemas.
- Achieve maximum therapeutic effect.
Features of the treatment of constipation with pelvic floor dysfunction
The main difficulty in the treatment of stool retention in case of pelvic floor pathology is the lack of effectiveness from laxatives.
The use of laxatives in such patients is allowed, as they slow down the transit of intestinal contents.
If nothing happens during therapy with laxatives, you need to abandon them and use other methods.
For patients with pelvic floor dysfunction, the doctor recommends enemas with mineral oils or with hypertonic sodium phosphate.
Patients are advised to go to the toilet every morning to try to empty it. In the case of the urge to defecate it is forbidden to suppress the natural urge. If constipation is not resolved with the help of conservative therapy, a surgical intervention is indicated to the patient.
Recovery of the intestine after taking a laxative
Delayed feces is accompanied by the processes of decay and fermentation, they can disrupt the beneficial intestinal microflora, which increases the duration of fecal congestion.
Toxins, which are released during the decomposition of intestinal contents, poison the body and disrupt the absorption of not only nutrients, but also laxative medicines. To restore the balance of microflora, it is necessary to saturate the body with beneficial bacteria, which are contained in prebiotic preparations.
Useful properties of prebiotics:
- Settling of beneficial intestinal microflora.
- Assimilation of vitamins and microelements.
- Improved digestion.
- Reduction of fecal intoxication symptoms.
The list of recommended prebiotic preparations for the normalization of intestinal microflora:
- Linex. Contains lactic acid bacteria that inhabit the human digestive system from the moment of birth.
- Duphalac. It contains lactulose, which increases the intestinal contents and increases peristalsis.
- Bifidumbacterin forte. A large number of active bacteria activates the contractile function of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to cope without drugs
- If constipation in an adult is observed for 2 days, it is necessary to urgently increase the amount of fluid consumed to 2.5 liters. It is important to remember that the constant use of a sufficient amount of water will help prevent the occurrence of acute disorders of the chair.
- Constipation in adults can be caused by weakness or lack of motility of the intestinal wall. Elementary physical exercises will help to correct the situation in a natural way: squats, jumping on the spot, swinging the press, bending. Gymnastics should be done daily for 20 minutes.
- The technique that allows you to cause an emergency bowel cleansing is abdominal breathing. In the standing position, the patient takes a deep breath, strongly drawing in the abdomen, on the exhale, you have to push out the belly as far as possible. Then the patient gradually bends, continuing to breath with his stomach. For exercise, you need to allocate 15 minutes.
- The mechanical action that activates peristalsis and helps eliminate constipation in adults is a massage. Light circular movements need to be alternately massaging the left and right sides of the abdomen, completing each cycle with a downward stroking. Manipulation is prohibited during constipation lasting longer than 3 days, or if an obstruction is suspected, since an improvement in the blood supply to the intestinal walls may activate the process of reabsorption and intoxication of the organism.
- Urgently cause defecation in an adult can be eaten on an empty stomach 2 tbsp. l any vegetable oil. If it is difficult to swallow, it can be mixed with water or lemon juice. It also helps drunk overnight oil mixed with a glass of kefir. This technique is especially positive for the intestinal function, if there is constipation after diarrhea.
- A safe way to stimulate peristalsis in duodenal ulcers is fasting glass of steep vegetable broth. Cook beets, carrots, cabbage. Vegetables are removed, and the broth is consumed inside after cooling.
The listed non-drug methods of stool correction are safe and effective, so they can be safely used for permanent constipation. In the absence of the expected result, it is advisable to use pharmaceuticals.
- Laxative candles do not help.
- Pain in the anorectal region, aggravated by bowel movements.
- Exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
- Strong pain around the navel.
- Abdominal distention, not accompanied by discharge of gas.
- Spotting from the anus.
- Rising temperature, dizziness.
Use of enemas for acute constipation
- Hypertensive. An injection of hypertonic magnesium sulphate or regular salt is injected, which causes an influx of water to the lower intestinal tract and actively irritates its walls, which triggers peristalsis and helps to cope even with very dense stool.
- Oily. A pear containing up to 50 g of vegetable or petroleum jelly is introduced into the anus. Thus, there is a lubrication of the walls of the rectum, after which defecation is easier and more painless.
- Cleansing. Cleansing enema is often carried out in acute and severe constipation in a hospital setting. For a home washout of intestinal contents, you need to have an Esmarkh mug. An infusion of ordinary water, which has a body temperature, or a cooled herbal infusion of 1.5–2 liters, which not only washes the contents of the lower intestinal tract, but also has a calming effect on its walls, is being conducted.
- Microclysters are small-volume laxative enemas produced by the pharmaceutical industry. May act differently, depending on the contents of the tube. So, if it contains liquid glycerin (Glitselaks), then the action develops the type of glycerin candles, only faster. Solid stool masses, intestinal lumen are lubricated, mild irritation of the sphincter and receptors occurs, which triggers the act of defecation. Small enemas containing saline solutions (Microlax, Norgalaks, Fleet-phospho-soda) work as saline laxatives, attracting water into the lumen of the large intestine and rectum.
Before using any type of enema in a woman who is in a position or in a child, it is necessary to consult a specialist. An exception is the use of microclysters containing glycerol.
Tablets and solutions:
These drugs have a laxative effect due to the ability of methylcellulose, as well as the psyllium husk husks to attract water, which helps to weight and thin the feces in the rectum, facilitating their excretion.
A feature of the use of these funds is the need to use a sufficient amount of water, as otherwise the problem of constipation may be aggravated. Laxative effect occurs after 1-2 days of regular use.
Dulcolax and Bisacodil. The active substance is absorbed into the systemic circulation and causes peristalsis by chemical exposure. The rapid effect of the use is combined with side effects (spasm, exacerbation of hemorrhoids, diarrhea), therefore, cleaning with these preparations should be done with caution.
Evakyu, Ferrolaks - candles with a gas-forming effect, developing in just 5 minutes. This makes them a reliable way to deal with constipation in the shortest possible time.
Effective folk recipes
Emergency actions for constipation can be based on popular recipes that act gently and safely:
The state of constipation in both a woman and a man gives a huge discomfort. Sitting in the toilet for hours is not an option, because today there are many safe folk methods of combating constipation, safe medicines, as well as radical methods in the form of enemas and washes, unless other methods help. What to do if a person does not have a bowel movement will always be prompted by a specialist. But even self-medication can be safe if you make the right emergency method choice.
What is your attitude to alternative medicine?
Do you have a stomach ache? Find out after passing our rapid tests.
Attention! The information published on the site is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation for use. Be sure to consult with your doctor!
Why doesn't constipation go away?
When nothing helps and constipation does not go away after adjusting the nutrition and motor regimen, taking laxatives, instrumental diagnostics help to identify the cause of the indisposition:
- The simplest method is digital rectal examination. With it, the proctologist receives the necessary information about the condition of the anus, how the anal sphincter functions. Such an examination allows us to detect feces in the rectum, and from its state to determine why nothing helps with constipation. If mucus or traces of blood are present in the stool, then a dangerous inflammatory process develops inside the large intestine. Looking for the answer to the question of what to do, in this case, it is necessary first of all to eliminate the provoking factor (to treat inflammation or invasion), and only then to restore the intestinal microflora.
- In the presence of chronic constipation, a colonoscopy is necessarily performed, during which, under local anesthesia, a hollow tube is inserted through the anus into the rectum, at the end of which a miniature camera is fixed. Through it, an image is fed to the monitor, which allows you to see what state the large intestine is in, what pathological processes occur within it, why feces are present. Analysis of what you see helps to understand why nothing helps with constipation, what to do in order to eliminate the described syndrome.
- Colonoscopy must be preceded by laboratory tests. They also help to make a picture of the condition of an adult patient, and to identify existing deviations. For example, a blood test allows you to confirm or exclude the possibility of the development of diseases of the thyroid gland. Another laboratory test - colonics - is used to understand how long the chyme moves along the intestines, why it does not help anything to eliminate the syndrome.
Often, treatment does not help and constipation does not go away because the cause is a mental or neurological factor. What if this is so? Strictly follow the recommendations of the attending physician, just live and feel healthy, able to lead a full life. If you are constipated, consult a chiropractor. Their knowledge and experience can be useful in the treatment of the described syndrome, if nothing helps.
Is it possible to drink laxatives? The doctor should select any medications and treatment regimen. according to individual patient indicators. If a person does not have the opportunity to consult a doctor, you need to carefully study the instructions, paying particular attention to side effects and clinical recommendations on how to take the remedy.
Choosing laxatives, you need to consider the nature of coprostasis:
- Acute. It occurs very often against the background of improper nutrition. Irritating drugs such as Guttalaks, Bisacodil, Fortrans can cope with the delay in stool.
- Chronic. In this situation, it is better to pay attention to the preparations containing prebiotics: Expal, Portalak. They restore the intestinal microflora, act gently and are not addictive.
- Spastic. This type of constipation results from a spasm of the intestinal muscles. In this case, you need to use drugs that can relieve pain, relax muscles and reduce bowel tone - No-Shpa, Drotaverin, Spazmonet.
The most benign and safe rectal suppositories that help combat the problem include the following:
- Glycerin. It contains glycerin, it gently irritates the intestinal mucosa, stimulates rectal peristalsis, and treats microtraumas and anal fissures.
- Glitselaks. The drug is based on glycine. It is used until complete normalization of the stool, suitable for children, nursing and pregnant women, as well as people who have undergone surgery.
- Sea buckthorn candles. Natural product, suitable for all age categories, with the exception of people with individual intolerance to sea buckthorn.
With the help of which you can normalize the bowels at home?
Sometimes it is enough to take a series of simple but effective measures to normalize the stool.
How to treat stool retention in adults with massage? Procedures can be performed by both a specialist and a patient independently at home. Massage is carried out in the morning or three hours after eating.
There are several ways to massage for constipation:
- Exciting technologyIt aims to stimulate the intestinal muscles and help in the natural progress of feces.
- Soothing technique. It is used for pain and cramps. In these cases, the stool is evenly firm, the purpose of the massage is to facilitate bowel movement.
Sports and exercise complex
Physical therapy for coprostasis is prescribed in order to normalize the work of the intestine, to eliminate and prevent the stagnation of fecal masses.
With atonic constipation special exercises are performed at an average pace, with multiple repetitions, the basis is:
- Spring movements (help the natural advancement of fecal masses).
- Movements to strengthen the press (power, with the burdening and resistance).
- All kinds of squats, jumps and running are most useful.
With spastic constipation Special exercises are aimed at relaxing and relieving spasms, so they should be done at a slow pace. The basis is a relaxing, soothing movement. The load on the press is limited.
Who should I contact?
The specialist who deals with the digestive organs is called a gastroenterologist. This doctor can diagnose, prescribe treatment and make recommendations for the prevention of all diseases that are inherent in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract (HCS).
A referral to a gastroenterologist is issued by the therapist after the initial examination and consultation of the patient.
How to get rid of the problem once and for all?
Occurring from time to time delay the chair should alert the person and push for some changes. If you want to forget about constipation once and for all, you should constantly adhere to certain rules in the diet and the body's water balance.
Proper nutrition should be:
- Balanced. The correct ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, quickly and easily processed by the enzymes of the stomach and moves into the intestines. Excess nutrients can cause gas and bloating, and these are true comprostation satellites.
- Regular. Nutrition regimen will help discipline the human digestive system. Eating should be carried out in small portions, 4-5 times a day, preferably at the same time.
- Diverse. With nutrition, the body is supplied with vitamins and minerals, each of which is important. For example, a lack of potassium can provoke a violation of motility and peristaltic movements, which are responsible for the evacuation of fecal masses from the intestine.
- Properly cooked. Restoring bowel function, you should pay attention to how the food is cooked. In this case, it is recommended to cook foods for a couple, bake, boil or simmer.
Body water balance
With a lack of fluid in the body, fecal masses initially form dense, they quickly harden and hardly move through the intestines. As a result, constipation occurs.
For normal bowel function it is necessary to drink daily at least 1.5-2 liters of fluid per day.
People who lead a mobile lifestyle, eat right and monitor the water balance in the body, almost never suffer from constipation.
But if a person is not lucky, and he faces this delicate problem, then constipation should be cured as soon as possible, using all known methods of struggle, starting with the most benign and ending, if necessary, with a visit to the doctor.
Causes of Acute Constipation
Acute constipation - no stool for more than 36 hours. He has a short period. It differs from the chronic by a sudden appearance and is of a non-permanent nature. The cause of a sharp species can be various factors, which are conventionally divided into 3 groups:
- Disruption of the bowel. Stress, lifestyle, unbalanced nutrition, side effects of drugs affect his work. Diseases (hemorrhoids, hernia, tumors) and pathologies of the internal organs of the digestive system are the causes of difficulty defecation.
- Diseases associated with impaired coordination of the neuromuscular system (spinal injuries, stroke).
- Unknown etiology, triggered by unknown causes, observed mainly in the elderly.
Why a laxative might not work
A powerful tool is the usual solution to this problem. There are several reasons why a laxative did not work:
- Incorrectly selected without a doctor remedy.
- Addictive With regular constipation, a person takes medicine regularly and for a long time, but the body is addictive. A proven and tested tool loses effectiveness over time.
- The possible presence of a serious disease, then specialist consultation is necessary, rather than taking a laxative. In some cases, the use of the drug does not benefit or harm the patient, hiding the presence of intestinal disease. At the initial stage, timely treatment does not begin.
Combined therapy for chronic constipation
It is necessary to treat constipation correctly and before starting treatment to identify the cause of its occurrence. There is a complex therapy, designed to permanently get rid of problems with defecation and to establish the rhythm of the digestive system.
- Etiotropic therapy. Treatment of the causes of the disease by taking medication drugs aimed at:
- Activation of peristalsis: castor oil, microlax, herbal preparations, magnesia.
- Softening feces: liquid paraffin.
- Increased bowel, raising osmotic pressure - facilitate the process of defecation. Duphalac and other drugs that include lactulose.
- Improving physical education. Exercise, exercise, yoga, fitness, walking will be an addition to taking medications and will enhance their action.
- Compliance with diet, availability of fasting days in the period. A balanced diet and the presence in the diet of fermented milk products lead to the normalization of metabolism.
- Taking drugs to normalize the work of the intestines. In addition to medicines, you can use herbal decoction, infusion of chicory or dried fruit. Products have a beneficial effect on the intestinal microflora.
- Physiotherapy. The effects of physiotherapy in combination with diet and exercise have a beneficial effect on the bowels.
- Gymnastic exercises, massage the abdomen. An effective way to establish a chair in the elderly and children.
- Glycerin or irritant candles. One of the methods to speed up defecation.
- Intake of laxative drugs. In pharmacies, there are various tools that can solve the problem with the stool. Lack of treatment leads to serious consequences. If this problem bothers, it is imperative to start making changes in your lifestyle. Lack of defecation for a long period is a serious reason for going to a doctor.
Features of the treatment of constipation traveler
Traveler's constipation, as a medical term, was named at the beginning of the 20th century. It was observed mainly in people who were traveling, far from home and familiar surroundings. Such a problem is faced by those whose work has a traveling nature. Long trips, stress and other factors affect the bowels.
Disorder occurs in travelers and is accompanied by either diarrhea or constipation. The main causes of problems with defecation at rest.
- A trip to rest is stressful for the body, this is due to many factors and is scientifically proven. In medical terminology, the phenomenon is called psychosomatic difficulties.
- The occurrence of an upset stomach often occurs when climate changes.
- Changes associated with a decrease in physical activity, the lack of regular workouts, fitness classes.
- Changes in nutrition, on vacation increases the load on the digestive system several times, the diet is not observed, unfamiliar foods appear in the diet. Exotic cuisine, overeating, insufficient water intake, alcohol consumption will inevitably lead to problems with digestion.
Methods of dealing with constipation of the traveler:
- start the morning with a glass of clean drinking water, it is important to start the body correctly,
- increase the amount of fluid. During rest in hot countries, the human body expels fluid along with sweat, it is important to maintain the water-salt balance,
- increased physical exertion, walking,
- massage, self-massage of the abdomen,
- herbal tea or collection sold in a pharmacy,
- use of enema. With long-term constipation enema - emergency and forced care. Abuse gastric lavage should not be
- use of laxative drugs. An extreme measure with a strong problem is laxative intake.
Traveler's constipation goes away after acclimatization and addiction to new conditions.
When to visit a doctor
Constipation is an intimate problem. Because of this, many do not want to contact the experts in this field and pull, while enduring problems with the chair does not remain strong.
An adult can himself understand the cause and try to solve the problem on his own. Specialist assistance is required in the following cases:
- Defecation is absent completely for three days.
- Reception laxatives did not bring the expected result.
- There was nausea, vomiting, weakness.
- The presence of blood in the feces.
The problem of defecation is acute, they suffer about 40% of the adult population and more than 60% of the elderly. It gives a lot of trouble and often hides the presence of a serious illness. If laxatives do not help with constipation, consult a doctor.